Video: ESPN: Photos of Greg Hardy's former girlfriend show multiple injuries

DFWJC

Reaction score
What a disgusting piece of ****. He should be in prison where all the other animals are just like him. Anyone that makes excuses for this behavior are no better than this animal. This is why you arm yourselves, ladies. I'm sick as a fan, and embarrassed.

Do you have any idea what went on?

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
What a disgusting piece of ****. He should be in prison where all the other animals are just like him. Anyone that makes excuses for this behavior are no better than this animal. This is why you arm yourselves, ladies. I'm sick as a fan, and embarrassed.
Take a look at that list in post #42. Not one of those men spent one day in prison.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hardy was convicted of domestic violence. Everybody knows what he did. Why do pictures of it change anything?

If you had ever known someone with a scheming wife/girlfriend you would likely be more concerned about his rights.

I have a friend that is wealthy and has a weakness for women. They've put him through all kinds of hell over the years and their go to move is to attempt to get him in trouble, then try to extort him. I've known the friends of some of these women and therefore know many of the details and intent.

It sounds all noble to take her side in the Hardy story but in reality it's right up there with sins of previous generations of lynch mobs and other such behaviour.

This country has laws to protect civil liberties. The legal process cleared him.

The pics don't prove anything. If he was abusing her the injuries would likely have been much worse.

Her iwn friend testified that she had an intent to cause trouble that night.

I seen it up close when a wealthy guy breaks up with a girl. It is often a bad situation when they realize the lifestyle they've become accustomed to is now gone.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
I will not defend Greg Hardy. But I will ask this question (even though I already know the answer)...there are other players in the NFL who have been accused of domestic violence, they are:

Tony McDaniel (no contest, 6 mo. probation, suspended 1 game) Tampa Bay Bucs
Kevin Williams (pleaded guilty, 1 yr probation) of the N.O. Saints
Erik Walden of the Detroit Lions, (50 hrs community service..suspended 1 game)
Randy Starks (charges dropped IF counseling) of the Cleveland Brown
Frostee Rucker (plead no contest, vandalism & false imprisonment, 3 years probation, 750 hours community service) of the Arizona Cardinals

(this list does not include those players for whom charges were dropped, except Randy Starks due to the circumstances under which the charges were dropped.)

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/
Current Team source: http://espn.go.com/nfl/players

why are these guys and their team not under the same scrutiny as Greg Hardy and the Dallas Cowboys?* They should be. They all should be.

*Theories have been given in the other thread, but feel free to offer more opinions if you have them.

Yes. I am replying to my own post. LOL

I just finished having an argument with my son (who hates the Cowboys and is CONSTANTLY pestering me over this Greg Hardy signing, as if *I* had anything to do with it.)

I mentioned the names in the above list to him when he got home a few minutes ago....this is what started the argument. His answer, when I asked him why these other teams don't get the same scrutiny:

those players aren't superstars like Greg Hardy.

So, just because those other men can't play football as well as Greg Hardy, those other teams fly under the radar for signing a domestic abuser. Got it.

I'm still yelling at my son over this....LOL

That seems very hypocritical to me.

waving monkey

Reaction score
If you had ever known someone with a scheming wife/girlfriend you would likely be more concerned about his rights.

I have a friend that is wealthy and has a weakness for women. They've put him through all kinds of hell over the years and their go to move is to attempt to get him in trouble, then try to extort him. I've known the friends of some of these women and therefore know many of the details and intent.

It sounds all noble to take her side in the Hardy story but in reality it's right up there with sins of previous generations of lynch mobs and other such behaviour.

This country has laws to protect civil liberties. The legal process cleared him.

The pics don't prove anything. If he was abusing her the injuries would likely have been much worse.

Her iwn friend testified that she had an intent to cause trouble that night.

I seen it up close when a wealthy guy breaks up with a girl. It is often a bad situation when they realize the lifestyle they've become accustomed to is now gone.

yap but this is a good venue for flexing your virtue muscles

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dude do you know how dumb your statements sound? She was hurt. She was bruised from head to toe. You know there are people who abuse their spouses for years and only leave bruises others can't see. Many women eventually end up dead. Please stop. It's embarrassing

Do you know how dumb you sound always asking folks how dumb they sound? He was hurt. He was bruised too. You know there are other people who are abused... has nothing to do with this case. Please stop conflating other real DV cases with this one. It's embarrassing.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Photos of Greg Hardy's former girlfriend show multiple injuries

ESPN.com news services

[embedded video]

A year and a half after defensive end Greg Hardy was arrested and charged with attacking and threatening his then-girlfriend, Nicole Holder, the public is getting its first look at the injuries Hardy allegedly inflicted on her.

The pictures released Friday show Holder with multiple bruises all over her body and include several of Hardy with marks on his face.

******** obtained the photos, along with hundreds of pages of records in the case, and published them on its site Friday afternoon.

Hardy, who plays for the Dallas Cowboys but at the time was a member of the Carolina Panthers, was accused by Holder of throwing her against a bathroom wall, throwing her on a bed covered with assault rifles, choking her and threatening her life during an altercation at his apartment.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...s-alleged-domestic-violence-incident-revealed

Doug Farrar makes a passionate and persuasive argument against Hardy, the NFL, Jerra and Roger Goddell actions/inactions.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
more posturing and pandering, ain't the media grand?

More sudden and spontaneous outrage from people that quite honestly have been quiet for the most part until this point. Aren't people in general grand?

Did anyone not think something happened? They needed pictures to ignite their latent anger and then spew self-righteous contempt?