ESPN: Prescott accuses woman of plot to extort $100M

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The problem with that is that in all likelihood, we will never get to any one single version of the events which is unanimously agreed upon to be "the truth". We will have her accusations and we will have his denials.

We used to live in a country where someone accused of a crime was given the presumption of innocence. Call me old fashioned, but I need some evidence before I condemn a man.
That is why it is best to wait and let it play out.

We do not know where this story is going to go.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You can try to fool everyone in this forum, but you don't fool me. Just look at other comments already blaming Dak which you have 'liked'. Shows your true colors and agenda. Go speak with your forked tongue elsewhere. You don't fool me. Keep your backstabbing advice to yourself.
Everything's falling apart, isn't it AC?

I forgive you for how you're speaking to me because I know they are coming from a place of hurt.

Ghost12

Reaction score
That is why it is best to wait and let it play out.

We do not know where this story is going to go.
I agree we should let it play out, but there is a problem with that. If both parties stand firm, these things can take years to fully play out. This team - not to mention the League - will have to make some decisions about Prescott's future in a much shorter timeframe.

What do we do in the meantime? Do we give the accused the benefit of the doubt, or do we treat him like a pariah?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I agree we should let it play out, but there is a problem with that. If both parties stand firm, these things can take years to fully play out. This team - not to mention the League - will have to make some decisions about Prescott's future in a much shorter timeframe.

What do we do in the meantime? Do we give the accused the benefit of the doubt, or do we treat him like a pariah?
Well if the Watson case is any indication the league won't do squat. I'm pretty sure he was never even placed on the Commish exempt list.

I think it will be business as usual unless damning evidence starts to come out.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Well if the Watson case is any indication the league won't do squat. I'm pretty sure he was never even placed on the Commish exempt list.

I think it will be business as usual unless damning evidence starts to come out.
Watson was inactive as his situation played out. Once he was traded to Cleveland and activated, he was suspended 11 games. For some reason, Cleveland was willing to structure the contract such that it didn't cost him much financially, but he did lose roughly 2/3rds of a season.

Brax

Reaction score
That's definitely not enough time for a rapist.

But dont you think 20 year minimums are fair for gold digging extortionists?
If she is an extortionist she deserves the full punishment of her actions allowed by the law. I hate to see these kind of he said she said court of public opinion.

plymkr

Reaction score
I feel we give them both the benefit of the doubt until a ruling has been made. Hopefully that ruling comes sooner than later.

plymkr

Reaction score
Watson was inactive as his situation played out. Once he was traded to Cleveland and activated, he was suspended 11 games.
Good call. Thanks for posting that. I was wondering what the league did during the time it took for due process to be worked out.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You can try to fool everyone in this forum, but you don't fool me. Just look at other comments already blaming Dak which you have 'liked'. Shows your true colors and agenda. Go speak with your forked tongue elsewhere. You don't fool me. Keep your backstabbing advice to yourself.
Nobody believes Mountaineer he's on an island by himself. No one even takes him serious lol. Most piggy back him to troll him and most have him on ignore.

Ghost12

Reaction score
I feel we give them both the benefit of the doubt until a ruling has been made. Hopefully that ruling comes sooner than later.
Respectfully, what does that mean? You have 2 people stating diametrically opposite things. You can't give them both the benefit of the doubt.

Please don't get me wrong. She has the right to make her case, present her evidence and have her claims investigated. But as the accuser in a criminal court of law, she is not the one who gets the benefit of the doubt. She is the one who has the burden of proof. (Well, technically the state has the burden of proof but you know what I mean)

(Of course, if criminal charges are filed against her for extortion, then it shifts to her getting the presumption of innocence and the burden of proof lies on the prosecution. For the sake of the above, please note I am speaking of the charges levied against Prescott)

plymkr

Reaction score
Respectfully, what does that mean? You have 2 people stating diametrically opposite things. You can't give them both the benefit of the doubt.

Please don't get me wrong. She has the right to make her case, present her evidence and have her claims investigated. But as the accuser in a criminal court of law, she is not the one who gets the benefit of the doubt. She is the one who has the burden of proof. (Well, technically the state has the burden of proof but you know what I mean)

(Of course, if criminal charges are filed against her for extortion, then it shifts to her getting the presumption of innocence and the burden of proof lies on the prosecution. For the sake of the above, please note I am speaking of the charges levied against Prescott)
What I meant by it is to not assume one or the other is lying. Give them both equal opportunities to state their case, present evidence, etc. Right now we have 2 people saying 2 different things. Let the investigation commence before deciding she is an extortionist or he is a rapist.

So when I said give them both the benefit of the doubt what would have been better to say is let the judge make the ruling on the facts he/she has.

GINeric

Reaction score
Dak needs to just stay outta parking lots. Arse kicked in one years ago and now this!

You're saying "arse" kicked, but he got jumped by multiple guys. Who WOULDN'T get their "arse" kicked when outnumbered??

You definitely would get yours kicked too.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The one's that Dak fans believe is taking place every day despite Jerry and Stephen basically confirming all the time they haven't even talked lolololol
Difficult times for the Dak-Stains first he lays a massive egg once again in the playoffs.
Now that taken-for-granted extension is nowhere to be seen.
He is now accused of RAPE!

What's next I wonder as I think more bad news is on its way for Daktrash?

Gotta a feeling his lucky streak is over.................