News: ESPN: Rodgers clear to practice 11 weeks after surgery

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Whateverrrrr

The point is that he's going to blab about it and frame it in a stupid way.
something tells me that if this was a great Cowboy player that was saying the same thing with a desire to return as soon as possible you would be singing his praises and telling us what a great competitor and heart he has. SMH...

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
something tells me that if this was a great Cowboy player that was saying the same thing with a desire to return as soon as possible you would be singing his praises and telling us what a great competitor and heart he has. SMH...
Nope. Coming back at 40 years old on a team that has no chance of even going to the playoffs has nothing to do with competition and heart lol

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Hope it does work means the alternative treatment is far superior and it can help others
It's not exactly alternative, just experimental. He didn't go into the forest and rub crystals on it while drinking mushroom tea.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No contact practice but he won’t be in any games this year
you mean the no contact that actually blew his Achilles out lol you know this is just a ploy for them to keep jets fans interested and less irritated about the season he's not gonna play a snap and I don't even know about practice you mean showing up and going through walkthroughs but that's about all I see you know encouragement to the current players and fan base sure but he will not do a single thing that can put himself in jeopardy... I mean the caveat here is when you're pulled off the IR you have a 21 day window, hmm I guarantee at the end of the 21 day window he stays on IR however that works... so three games from now that would be what two to three games left, right, I mean that's all this is..

Fans around here wanna talk about Jerry being a salesman, this is The Jets front office selling you a bill of goods basically to their fans and they're players that are on the roster to play harder and to have more hope... :facepalm:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With the Jets sitting at 4-7, I wonder if it's worth the risk for him to come back? I think we can all agree that the Jets are a complete team and quarterback play is the reason they are not 7-4 or better.
Players want to play....at his age...it's a no Brainerd. I respect him for not just collecting a paycheck....play if you can play! Pain is no big deal, injuries are....if he's clear then play. I wouldn't be surprised if he invested in this new technology....smart, if he did.

Havic

Reaction score
you mean the no contact that actually blew his Achilles out lol you know this is just a ploy for them to keep jets fans interested and less irritated about the season he's not gonna play a snap and I don't even know about practice you mean showing up and going through walkthroughs but that's about all I see you know encouragement to the current players and fan base sure but he will not do a single thing that can put himself in jeopardy... I mean the caveat here is when you're pulled off the IR you have a 21 day window, hmm I guarantee at the end of the 21 day window he stays on IR however that works... so three games from now that would be what two to three games left, right, I mean that's all this is..

Fans around here wanna talk about Jerry being a salesman, this is The Jets front office selling you a bill of goods basically to their fans and they're players that are on the roster to play harder and to have more hope... :facepalm:
I think it’s nutty that he can even practice just 11 weeks in.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope they finish 9-8.
that way even though we beat them at 1-0, then no one can say a crap win, not beating a winning team. At the end of the years final standings.
:lmao:

After we win out. That will be 6 teams with winning records we beat.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I think it’s nutty that he can even practice just 11 weeks in.
Eventually there will some kind of Tommy John surgery for all of the most commonly ruptured ligaments and tendons.

I can see some kind of superior synthetic ligaments not too far off in the future. Then we get the era of cyborg players after that.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I hope it does for the same reason
Just to be clear. His surgery wasn’t alternative medicine. It’s a new, modern technique being used. Created by doctors who specialize in that field. His surgery, completed by a surgeon who specializes in these types of injuries.

HungryLion

Reaction score
If he is cleared by doctors he is cleared.
I’m always of the mindset that if a player is cleared to play, then they should play. The only time I think a player should sit is if they are banged up badly and it’s a meaningless game. The jets games are likely meaningless as they have a steep hill to make the playoffs, but a lot depends on the risk of re injury, and only his orthopedist can really make that determination.

However, if I was a player I wouldn’t trust that MetLife turf at all. Another player, a younger, healthier player just ruptured his Achilles last week on a non contact play.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I’m always of the mindset that if a player is cleared to play, then they should play. The only time I think a player should sit is if they are banged up badly and it’s a meaningless game. The jets games are likely meaningless as they have a steep hill to make the playoffs, but a lot depends on the risk of re injury, and only his orthopedist can really make that determination.

However, if I was a player I wouldn’t trust that MetLife turf at all. Another player, a younger, healthier player just ruptured his Achilles last week on a non contact play.
I'm of that general mind set as well; however, medical staffs can make mistakes, too, or get pressured into clearing someone when not ready. I think the Dallas medical staff did Roy Williams dirty when they cleared him to play again when he broke his forearm in 2008. They cleared him and he immediately injured his forearm again.

It is fascinating that this is happening. The evolution of medical procedures is great. I hope we get quicker returns for many of the common major injuries in both sports and in general life. There will be a point when a player comes back within a few months or even weeks to injuries in the past ended careers.

joseephuss

Reaction score

I wonder how many Achilles injuries occur on non-contact plays compared to contact plays in the NFL.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I think it’s all for show. They are 4-7 and have Tim Boyle at Qb. They play the Falcons, Texans, Dolphins. Would be a miracle if they end up there 6-8.
At best 5-9 but more than likely 4-10. Only possible W is ATL.