News: ESPN: Rodgers clear to practice 11 weeks after surgery

ghst187

Reaction score
Just to be clear. His surgery wasn’t alternative medicine. It’s a new, modern technique being used. Created by doctors who specialize in that field. His surgery, completed by a surgeon who specializes in these types of injuries.
He should get a vaccine to avoid rupturing it again

nobody

Reaction score
It's unbelievable that he's already cleared to practice. As much as I dislike the guy, I hope it's a stunning success for the prospect of future injuries of players across the league (and anyone who gets injured like that.) Yes, it's an expensive and experimental procedure, but that's how they all start.

CCBoy

Reaction score
That guy is playing with dynamite strapped to the back of his heel. And the fuse is lit.
He gets paid a lot to light up the detchord. Probably enough to cut down a 2 1/2 foot tree. I'll give him a chance for trying, but still concerned for the experimentation aspect. A cane for the rest of his life at his age, isn't a pretty picture.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I'm of that general mind set as well; however, medical staffs can make mistakes, too, or get pressured into clearing someone when not ready. I think the Dallas medical staff did Roy Williams dirty when they cleared him to play again when he broke his forearm in 2008. They cleared him and he immediately injured his forearm again.

It is fascinating that this is happening. The evolution of medical procedures is great. I hope we get quicker returns for many of the common major injuries in both sports and in general life. There will be a point when a player comes back within a few months or even weeks to injuries in the past ended careers.
Sure. Absolutely. I would imagine even if doctors clear him, it may be with the notice that his risk of aggravation or injury another body part that’s compensating will be higher.

I wouldn’t trust MetLife turf if I was Rodgers.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Nobody is going to be able to afford it.

Plus, there's no practical application for a faster rehab to this degree for something like 99% of people. 4 months vs. 6 months isn't some medical miracle.
There's a practical application in this entertainment/sports world in which he is in. If whatever he's doing can cut the healing time that drastically why would you be against it?

EST_1986

Reaction score
It's not exactly alternative, just experimental. He didn't go into the forest and rub crystals on it while drinking mushroom tea.
You have people here who just hate either Rodgers that much or the advancement of science, either way its idiotic to wish for a mans surgery to fail so you dont have to hear about it

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I hope the surgery doesn't work so we don't have to listen to him talk about his alternative health methods for the rest of time.

I’m sure he believes he’ll be healed through the power of positivity and the power crystal he rubs on his leg. Aaron Rodgers has it all figured out.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
There's a practical application in this entertainment/sports world in which he is in. If whatever he's doing can cut the healing time that drastically why would you be against it?
I'm not against the surgery itself..

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it’s great and if it works , maybe a better treatment for Achilles injuries. He wants to play and it hard to blame him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think it’s nutty that he can even practice just 11 weeks in.
I've had several surgeries I had complete hernia surgery and it shocking that 30 days later I was back doing all the things I've ever done you know like on a boat I wakeboard surf work no setbacks three years later... Also the next evening after I had my ACL surgery full new ACL I was putting weight on it and cooking in the kitchen I mean within days I I could walk without the crutches even though the doctor told me I shouldn't so yeah the way they're doing medical surgeries nowadays is much different than back in the day.... And I'm 53 by the way ACL surgery back in 2018 I think I was 48 I mean in six months I was back snowboarding and in nine months back doing flips behind the boat and pretty much not a set back since... Medical marbles

joseephuss

Reaction score
He was also 21-22 year old at that time, Rodgers is a 40 year old man
Gregg Ellis ruptured his Achilles on November 12, 2006. He returned on September 7, 2007. He was 31 years old when he was injured and came back in 10 months. That was 16 years ago. These things advance.