Et Tu Sturm

khiladi

Reaction score
What’s wild is Dallas proved they could win with Cooper Rush and his noodle arm as a game manager, meaning do exactly what Dak did in 2016 with this team…. Yet they decided Dak was the next coming of Montana, 9 years in and on game day for some odd reason

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Naw I agree this game really is a game of inches. A simple slip killed them. That was very disheartening.
The way the game was going we didn’t have much of a chance. But if we score a TD it would have brought us with in a TD. Maybe swinging the momentum. But let’s face it. We kicked FGs all day and they score tds. Even if Brooks makes the catch it doesn’t mean we get the TD. Just a sad outing. Right now I am settling down. After the game I was of the mood that season was over. Lmao. We need to get better and figure some things out. Quit shopping for cheap DTs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The way the game was going we didn’t have much of a chance. But if we score a TD it would have brought us with in a TD. Maybe swinging the momentum. But let’s face it. We kicked FGs all day and they score tds. Even if Brooks makes the catch it doesn’t mean we get the TD. Just a sad outing. Right now I am settling down. After the game I was of the mood that season was over. Lmao. We need to get better and figure some things out. Quit shopping for cheap DTs.
No it doesn’t guarantee anything for sure but I at least wanted to see how a score there would’ve went for this team to see if they had some fight in them.

Ken

Reaction score
His job is to read the coverage, go through his progressions and make the highest percentage throw.

If he can't, or is not willing, to do that, then he isn't qualified to play the position he's playing. It's that simple
Ok Bro.

So then when he threw it to Shoemaker and he drops it...you would scream he should have thrown it to Ceedee or why isn't Ceedee getting more targets.

I gotcha.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Ok Bro.

So then when he threw it to Shoemaker and he drops it...you would scream he should have thrown it to Ceedee or why isn't Ceedee getting more targets.

I gotcha.
No. If the proper read was made and the throw was accurate, I'd say "Dak hit the open man and Schoon either needs to catch it or the Cowboys need to find someone who can".

PS Schoon graded amongst highest on the team in PFF grades from Sunday. So why do you assume he'd "drop" it?

He beat his man, badly. Dak never saw him because he made up his mind pre snap where the ball was going, regardless of coverage

it's insane watching certain posters fall all over themselves carrying water for the highest paid player in pro football history. You're basically saying,

"yes Dak made the wrong read but it didn't matter because the guy who is open would have dropped it anyway so it was still the right decision"

ridiculous.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Why wouldn't he force it to him, he's the 30+ million go to guy, he HAS to, if not they'll have another meeting to get him back involved in the offense again!
I still think that meeting will happen soon anyway if it already hasn't.

Ken

Reaction score
Highest paid QB in the league should be able to see it
The new mantra i see.

Might as well load it up in copy/paste as it will be used for any mistake he makes.

So boring and predictable.

Ken

Reaction score
No. If the proper read was made and the throw was accurate, I'd say "Dak hit the open man and Schoon either needs to catch it or the Cowboys need to find someone who can".

PS Schoon graded amongst highest on the team in PFF grades from Sunday. So why do you assume he'd "drop" it?

He beat his man, badly. Dak never saw him because he made up his mind pre snap where the ball was going, regardless of coverage

it's insane watching certain posters fall all over themselves carrying water for the highest paid player in pro football history. You're basically saying,

"yes Dak made the wrong read but it didn't matter because the guy who is open would have dropped it anyway so it was still the right decision"

ridiculous.
I'm not making excuses. The pick there was egregious.

Having said that, he clearly missed the safety undercutting it but felt he could fit it in between the other two that he and Ceedee have done consistently for years.

If you are expecting perfection because of his contract....lol

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What’s wild is Dallas proved they could win with Cooper Rush and his noodle arm as a game manager, meaning do exactly what Dak did in 2016 with this team…. Yet they decided Dak was the next coming of Montana, 9 years in and on game day for some odd reason
what we saw with cooper rush is that if the defense holds the opposing team to 13 points, then he can win. if you can do that, then I take me as the QB of the cowboys and guarantee that we go 9-8.

the first time a team scored more than 20 points, we got blown out....so then there is that....

you don't dig deep into things do you?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Is your regular persona as abrasive as your on line persona? Because it's a doozie.
No, because people in real life don't constantly make stuff up.

But yes, I call liars "liars" when they are lying. As should everyone.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

ridiculous.
he didn't beat his man badly. you looked at the end of the play after the throw, when defenders stopped chasing their man.

at the point when throw was being made, CD had separation and seemingly Schoon, however, CD is looking back at the QB for the throw and Schoon was looking down field and not for the ball.

its insane what people come up with, just looking at conclusion of a play and making a whole bunch of assumptions.

Dak made the wrong throw as in he should have led CD down field as CD had his man beat, instead he tried to zip it in there, which allowed the saftey to come over and knock it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
They had a hard time grasping the fact that Dak stares down his WRs. I say it every time, stop watching the WR on the all-22 when he throws a pick, watch what Dak is looking at and watch the defenders watching him. He’s lucky DBs drop his passes half the time or his timing is off, that not only can his WR not make a play, but the DN can’t either.

He can throw against man coverage on his early reads, when he rightly deciphers its man coverage and he’s got a WR the calibre of Lamb who not many can stay with.

But it’s why he’s a nightmare throwing against any team that has the personnel to play zone and make him have to sit back and play QB. He just can’t process the field fast enough.

There is no any training in the world that’s going to improve that with him. You either have that or you don’t and if you do, it’s seen early in the career and it’s only a matter of time for the player to adjust to the speed of the NFL and put it together.
hmm, he stares down his WRs. if you know that, then everybody else in NFL knows that, yet dak was 3rd in passing yards in 23, 7th in 21, 2nd in 2019.....and so on. either the NFL people are really stupid for not knowing this or you are wrong because you are biased...hmmm, let me think about this for a few minutes.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Focus on Dak right before the ball was released. Turpin wasn't open until after Dak decided to throw it to CD. Dback did a really good job of playing both Turpin and CD and then moved to CD once ball was released. Probably his intent along.

Schoon was open, but he certainly isn't proven on a deep route - 1:1 or not.

In general you could look at all-22 for every QB in the NFL and there would be 4-5 plays like this where you can see 'open' guys they should have thrown to instead of into a covered guy.

Dak certainly did not play well yesterday but this play isn't really much to think about or criticize in of itself- happens all the time to all QBs.
Even the highest paid QB in NFL history.

khiladi

Reaction score
what we saw with cooper rush is that if the defense holds the opposing team to 13 points, then he can win. if you can do that, then I take me as the QB of the cowboys and guarantee that we go 9-8.

the first time a team scored more than 20 points, we got blown out....so then there is that....

you don't dig deep into things do you?
We already went through this.

1. So the defense is good now?

2. What we say is Dallas playing a ball control offense with Rush, and Rush fully capable of actually playing QB.

Got up 17-3 against the Bengals by half.
Scored 10 points in the 4th against the Giants, 17 in the second half, while the Cowboys defense allowed 13.
Rush scored 13 in the second half, 10 in the 4th against the Commanders.
Against the Rams was already up 16-10 by hand, controlled the clock and won 23-10.

And no they didn’t get blown out by the Eagles.
Despite the bad start with questionable play calling, Cooper actuslly got the Cowboys to 20-17 with a whole 4th quarter to play but the Cowboys defense allowed an 8 minute druve to end in an Eagles TD. Unlike Dak who plays catchup everyday to no time life and throws TDs when the game is over.

So contrary to your claim, the defense was not carrying Rush. Rush was more than capable of playing in an offense and moving the ball in an offense not taking risks and playing complementary football with the defense.

Last edited: