Et Tu Sturm

khiladi

Reaction score
Yeah, on that play Dak seemed determined to throw to Lamb. He didn't even look anywhere else. When he set up to throw no one was open but with better anticipation he could have seen Schoonmaker breaking behind his guy. That one was on Dak all the way. But the score was 41-19 at that point. Let's not pretend that INT made a difference in the game.
According to Dakazoids, the second half of the Packers game meant something and all those points against the second string defense playing prevent counted. Now the game was “over”…

khiladi

Reaction score
I think Tolbert is not an accomplished receiver and he is not open and has no moves whatsoever Most teams go to their playmaker Cooks is a good receiver after that..no one
Tolbert bailed Dak out on the bomb that was short, meaning a couple plays before Dak fumbled.

Tolbert then proceeded to run from the end-zone to recover the ball that Mr. “pocket presence” fumbled.

So now the excuses are Dak can’t trust anybody. I guess he couldn’t trust Lamb when Cooper was there either.

Where were all these excuses for Trey Lance in pre-season? Who could he trust?

khiladi

Reaction score
At the beginning of 8 seconds, he hasn't thrown the ball.
He finished his step back and decides to throw it to the guy he's been watching the entire way.
CDL was open, but the defense is reading Dak's eyes and they made a play on the ball.

The above doesn't change Schoon was open. The LB just misplayed the coverage. Not like the LB made Schoon open due to the pass. He's watching Schoon the entire way and starts to chase once he realizes he's beat.
They had a hard time grasping the fact that Dak stares down his WRs. I say it every time, stop watching the WR on the all-22 when he throws a pick, watch what Dak is looking at and watch the defenders watching him. He’s lucky DBs drop his passes half the time or his timing is off, that not only can his WR not make a play, but the DN can’t either.

He can throw against man coverage on his early reads, when he rightly deciphers its man coverage and he’s got a WR the calibre of Lamb who not many can stay with.

But it’s why he’s a nightmare throwing against any team that has the personnel to play zone and make him have to sit back and play QB. He just can’t process the field fast enough.

There is no any training in the world that’s going to improve that with him. You either have that or you don’t and if you do, it’s seen early in the career and it’s only a matter of time for the player to adjust to the speed of the NFL and put it together.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Well...every time Cd catches it...it is I. that situation. The NFL isn't going to let him catch 100+ balls. See his td for an example.

In that situation...if it was Ferg...he probably goes there. He doesn't trust school.
His job is to read the coverage, go through his progressions and make the highest percentage throw.

If he can't, or is not willing, to do that, then he isn't qualified to play the position he's playing. It's that simple

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak-Prescott-Blind.jpg

Now if you look at this from a play DESiGN, you have THREE receivers on the right side in a bunch formation.and Schoonmaker on the left.

What is very clear is the following:

1. Dak starts off looking to his left, meaning Schoonmaker. He is in single coverage, against a LB. That is a match up any QB wants and it’s his first read.

2. CD is the lined up wide on the other side and runs a deep post. Turpin is on the inside and runs a similar route. He would be the second read. Or Turpin is a decoy, meaning Turpin’s route is meant to draw the additional LB or defender away from the deep post Lamb is running.

Now what is Dak doing:

He’s dead set on going to Lamb as is obvious from simply watching him. The guy just RUNS THE PLAY without any awareness of his other read, in this case Schoonmaker. The defender is simply staring down Dak the whole way.

khiladi

Reaction score
Jerry's idiot boy said that Lamb had to have something like 17 targets a game to justify the salary they are paying him................expect more "forced throws" going forward.

Minny tried the same thing back in the day with the "Randy ratio" where Moss had to get X number of targets per game.

Forcing balls never works, the defense starts to expect it and they start jumping the route.
They were “forcing” it after the bye last year. But not every defense is the Commanders and Giants

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No, you are wrong. Schoonmaker was his first read and had SINGLE COVERAGE, had steps and was wide open according to NFL standards. I watched the play and so did everybody else and they all see what I do, and so do you but you dug yourself into a ditch defending this mediocrity behind center for so long and telling me I don’t know what I was talking about, that you just insist on being wrong.

I’ve been talking you for years the brainiac behind center does this all the time, which is why:

The offense was dumbed down for him and why McCarthy had him bailing the pocket of his early reads are not there.
OMG, you can't be this dense.
sorry, watch the play unfold again, without bias. knowing that's impossible. you didn't watch the play. you watched it with pre-determined conclusion of your own. it could have been any other play, and you would say the exact same thing. it could have been any of the other 39 throws you would say each and everyone was a bad play because!!!! tell me I am lying?

CD was also single covered!!!!. again, stop the play at the 8th second mark... its very very very very clear. the play design was just that, the reciever between the hashes drawing two defenders. Dak is dropped 5 yards and getting ready to throw.
when his hand is cocked to throw, both players have the same separation...except one is already looking for the ball, the other still has not looked back......
two players single covered. one is a top 3 player in his position. the other a back up. at the 8th second mark, schoon is not evn looking at the ball and the LB has his hands right behind his back. when the throw is made, that's when Schoon looks back for the ball and still both players have same separation....

you all just watch the very end of the clip and come to conclusions without ability to dissect the play and the reads as it unfolds. I am trying to educate you on how to read a play.

and as I said, I fault Dak for the type of throw he made. he should have lobbed it more and lead CD further down field. he didn't see the other defnder just cross the WR between the hashes and just go for CD. plus, Dak's arm lacked as that ball seemed slow to get there. not sure what's wrong with his arm, but he is pushing the ball a bit too hard and its just not there.

if I knew how to post pictures, I would put the images for you to see in sequence.

and stop with the meaningless insults....Dak and MM have forgotten more about football than you have ever claimed to know.....it makes you look utterly childish...like a 5th grader. time to grow up a little.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
CD was also single covered!!!!.
This is laughable

Clearly bracketed and there was actually a third Defender pretty close by the time the ball got there. The ball should have never been thrown anywhere in CeeDees vicinity

@khiladi is exactly right. The Defenders just watched Dak's eyes and knew exactly where the ball was going. He made up his mind early to force it there no matter what the defense did

khiladi

Reaction score
sorry, watch the play unfold again, without bias. knowing that's impossible. you didn't watch the play. you watched it with pre-determined conclusion of your own. it could have been any other play, and you would say the exact same thing. it could have been any of the other 39 throws you would say each and everyone was a bad play because!!!! tell me I am lying?

CD was also single covered!!!!. again, stop the play at the 8th second mark... its very very very very clear. the play design was just that, the reciever between the hashes drawing two defenders. Dak is dropped 5 yards and getting ready to throw.
when his hand is cocked to throw, both players have the same separation...except one is already looking for the ball, the other still has not looked back......
two players single covered. one is a top 3 player in his position. the other a back up. at the 8th second mark, schoon is not evn looking at the ball and the LB has his hands right behind his back. when the throw is made, that's when Schoon looks back for the ball and still both players have same separation....

you all just watch the very end of the clip and come to conclusions without ability to dissect the play and the reads as it unfolds. I am trying to educate you on how to read a play.

and as I said, I fault Dak for the type of throw he made. he should have lobbed it more and lead CD further down field. he didn't see the other defnder just cross the WR between the hashes and just go for CD. plus, Dak's arm lacked as that ball seemed slow to get there. not sure what's wrong with his arm, but he is pushing the ball a bit too hard and its just not there.

if I knew how to post pictures, I would put the images for you to see in sequence.

and stop with the meaningless insults....Dak and MM have forgotten more about football than you have ever claimed to know.....it makes you look utterly childish...like a 5th grader. time to grow up a little.
Oh yeah CD was single covered.. Brilloant observation, as if this was my alleged objection.. What part of Dak going to Lamb from the beginning even though he’s not even the first or second progression don’t you understand?

Lamb was minimum the THIRD progression out of 4, the as he’s lined up wide in the right buddy. That means there is quite a few things that can happen before Dak even looks that way, so what does Dak do? He ignores the FIRSt progression that has the best MATCH up exploit, by just turning and throwing it to Lamb without even bothering to look at the rest of the defense. its look left and automatically turn right and fire to Lamb. The defender that got the INT is doing nothing but watching Dak’s eyes that are in one trajectory..

to be honest, I don’t even bother reading 99% of your tripe anymore. It’s been that way for the last 5 years if you chasing me around telling me how I don’t know football and QB play,

Yet here I am once again, right like usual, with you and your long-winded explanations that only the rabid Dak defenders defend. Give it up buddy..

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
You know I heard that Dak was supposedly a guru at reading PRE-SNAP defenses, meaning he knows what match-up he wants based upon what the defense is showing:

So now apparently he needs to see Schoonmaker have 5 steps on a LB of all defenders, before he can “decipher the pre-snap” coverage..

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You know I heard that Dak was supposedly a guru at reading PRE-SNAP defenses, meaning he knows what match-up he wants based upon what the defense is showing:

So now apparently he needs to see Schoonmaker have 5 steps on a LB of all defenders, before he can “decipher the pre-snap” coverage..
I don’t know why this has become a thing.

He’s never been a smart QB that can read defenses pre snap, find the mismatches, and exploit them.

He’s always 95% of the time locked into one receiver.

khiladi

Reaction score
I don’t know why this has become a thing.

He’s never been a smart QB that can read defenses pre snap, find the mismatches, and exploit them.

He’s always 95% of the time locked into one receiver.
It’s just another one of the myths, like he can comeback from a deficit. That whole myth came from 2016, when Dallas was basically centered around Zeke and the OL wearing down the opposing defense. So the “comeback” stat was defined as going into the 4th “trailing”, that trailing could be even by 1. So Dak would just manage the game and defenses by that point couldn’t evem stop Zeke and were getting blown like 2 yards off the LOS off the snap,

Ever since then, Dak’s “comeback” abilities as a “passer” are there for all to see. Meaningless garbage time stats against prevents in blow outs..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This is laughable

Clearly bracketed and there was actually a third Defender pretty close by the time the ball got there. The ball should have never been thrown anywhere in CeeDees vicinity

@khiladi is exactly right. The Defenders just watched Dak's eyes and knew exactly where the ball was going. He made up his mind early to force it there no matter what the defense did
seriously!!! really!!! are you kidding me now!? what are you watching?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Oh yeah CD was single covered.. Brilloant observation, as if this was my alleged objection.. What part of Dak going to Lamb from the beginning even though he’s not even the first or second progression don’t you understand?

Lamb was minimum the THIRD progression out of 4, the as he’s lined up wide in the right buddy. That means there is quite a few things that can happen before Dak even looks that way, so what does Dak do? He ignores the FIRSt progression that has the best MATCH up exploit, by just turning and throwing it to Lamb without even bothering to look at the rest of the defense. its look left and automatically turn right and fire to Lamb. The defender that got the INT is doing nothing but watching Dak’s eyes that are in one trajectory..

to be honest, I don’t even bother reading 99% of your tripe anymore. It’s been that way for the last 5 years if you chasing me around telling me how I don’t know football and QB play,

Yet here I am once again, right like usual, with you and your long-winded explanations that only the rabid Dak defenders defend. Give it up buddy..
you don't bother reading, but you response in war an peace...awsome...

like I said (if you read it), you have predetermined conclusions and bend everything to fit that conclusion regardless.

got it :thumbup:

gtb1943

Reaction score

Matt Millen knew more about football than anyone here yet he was one of the worst GMs in history
you confuse knowledge with judgement.