Et Tu Sturm

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We already went through this.

1. So the defense is good now?

2. What we say is Dallas playing a ball control offense with Rush, and Rush fully capable of actually playing QB.

Got up 17-3 against the Bengals by half.
Scored 10 points in the 4th against the Giants, 17 in the second half, while the Cowboys defense allowed 13.
Rush scored 13 in the second half, 10 in the 4th against the Commanders.
Against the Rams was already up 16-10 by hand, controlled the clock and won 23-10.

And no they didn’t get blown out by the Eagles.
Despite the bad start with questionable play calling, Cooper actuslly got the Cowboys to 20-17 with a whole 4th quarter to play but the Cowboys defense allowed an 8 minute druve to end in an Eagles TD. Unlike Dak who plays catchup everyday to no time life and throws TDs when the game is over.

So contrary to your claim, the defense was not carrying Rush. Rush was more than capable of playing in an offense and moving the ball in an offense not taking risks and playing complementary football with the defense.
wait what? you are all over the place.

facts are facts. the defense held the opposition to about 13 points over the 5 wins (two years). that's historically good defense.

the very first time a team scored 20 points on cowboys, we got blown out.

now you are dissecting a quarter here, a quarter there in a game here and a game there....

the defense also scored a couple of times during the time.

we lost by 10 to the eagles. that's getting blown out. now spin it anyway you want. half time we were down 20-3
when we had to rely on Rush to get back in the game from behind, he promptly threw 3 interceptions. end of story.

and Rush didn't carry the offense. the offense was ranked 22nd or worst in every statistical category.
and all of it worse than when Dak was leading the offense.
so yeah, that last statement only holds water in your head, which I am sure there is a lot of people talking in it right now.

khiladi

Reaction score
wait what? you are all over the place.

facts are facts. the defense held the opposition to about 13 points over the 5 wins (two years). that's historically good defense.

the very first time a team scored 20 points on cowboys, we got blown out.

now you are dissecting a quarter here, a quarter there in a game here and a game there....

the defense also scored a couple of times during the time.

we lost by 10 to the eagles. that's getting blown out. now spin it anyway you want. when we had to rely on Rush to get back in the game from behind, he promptly threw 3 interceptions. end of story.

and Rush didn't carry the offense. the offense was ranked 22nd or worst in every statistical category. and all of it worse than when Dak was leading the offense. so yeah, that last statement only holds water in your head, which I am sure there is a lot of people talking in it right now.
Excuses and once again, the point sailed over your head…. Rush led this team to 5-1 and he’s a noodle arm QB. The point is claiming Dak hasn’t had help is bogus, as Rush was 5-1 with this team.

Further, I provided the data you provided the excuses. The Eagles won by 10, because like I said, after Rush brought them back to 3 down in the FOURTH with almost a quarter to play, the Cowboys defense allowed an 8 minute drive ending in a TD. Acting like the Eagles blew this team out because of Rush is basically a fib. That never happened and using his first loss as an excuse in this context is a joke. Facts are clear, The game plan was designed to control the clock. When they built leads, they played it conservative. When they needed to move the ball aggressively and score in the later quarters, Rush did exactly that.

Further, the Dallas defense got 5 TOs the very next game against Detroit for Dak and he only put up like 26. Rush never had a defense get him 5 TOs. In fact, he won 2 games with no TOs by the defense and the Vikings game as well. Dak without TOs by his defense is basically a perennial loser.

So thd excuse is the same defense suddenly became good with Rush, but sucked with Dak..

NotForLong

Reaction score
Tolbert bailed Dak out on the bomb that was short, meaning a couple plays before Dak fumbled.

Tolbert then proceeded to run from the end-zone to recover the ball that Mr. “pocket presence” fumbled.

So now the excuses are Dak can’t trust anybody. I guess he couldn’t trust Lamb when Cooper was there either.

Where were all these excuses for Trey Lance in pre-season? Who could he trust?
Exactly

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak-Prescott-Blind.jpg

Now if you look at this from a play DESiGN, you have THREE receivers on the right side in a bunch formation.and Schoonmaker on the left.

What is very clear is the following:

1. Dak starts off looking to his left, meaning Schoonmaker. He is in single coverage, against a LB. That is a match up any QB wants and it’s his first read.

2. CD is the lined up wide on the other side and runs a deep post. Turpin is on the inside and runs a similar route. He would be the second read. Or Turpin is a decoy, meaning Turpin’s route is meant to draw the additional LB or defender away from the deep post Lamb is running.

Now what is Dak doing:

He’s dead set on going to Lamb as is obvious from simply watching him. The guy just RUNS THE PLAY without any awareness of his other read, in this case Schoonmaker. The defender is simply staring down Dak the whole way.
You really have no idea

khiladi

Reaction score
You really have no idea
Believe me buddy, I read some of your posts on this thread and it’s clear who has no idea. You must have just read mine and it dawned on you that you clearly didn’t comprehend Dak’s play as you should have, so the only thing you could do in regards to my post is write a 5 letter “response” to make yourself feel better about wasting your time on this thread with your “hot takes” of blaming everybody else but Dak.

Imagine if I actually paid for the all-22 and was making money to analyze Dak’s play. I’d be Todd France’s worst nightmare.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Believe me buddy, I read some of your posts on this thread and it’s clear who has no idea. You must have just read mine and it dawned on you that you clearly didn’t comprehend Dak’s play as you should have, so the only thing you could do in regards to my post is write a 5 letter “response” to make yourself feel better about wasting your time on this thread with your “hot takes” of blaming everybody else but Dak.

Imagine if I actually paid for the all-22 and was making money to analyze Dak’s play. I’d be Todd France’s worst nightmare.
You are the best. I always enjoy your posts

Qcard

Reaction score
You really have no idea
Is there any doubt @khiladi calls any completed pass to Schoonmaker or Turpin.....Garbage Stats?

At that point in the game when the Defense didn't make any stops till 12 mins in 4th Qtr.

Mathieu made a great play. He ingnored his play assignment from the opposite hash and played Prescott's tendencies in blowout games....

Dak Haters world view is weird...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Excuses and once again, the point sailed over your head…. Rush led this team to 5-1 and he’s a noodle arm QB. The point is claiming Dak hasn’t had help is bogus, as Rush was 5-1 with this team.

Further, I provided the data you provided the excuses. The Eagles won by 10, because like I said, after Rush brought them back to 3 down in the FOURTH with almost a quarter to play, the Cowboys defense allowed an 8 minute drive ending in a TD. Acting like the Eagles blew this team out because of Rush is basically a fib. That never happened and using his first loss as an excuse in this context is a joke. Facts are clear, The game plan was designed to control the clock. When they built leads, they played it conservative. When they needed to move the ball aggressively and score in the later quarters, Rush did exactly that.

Further, the Dallas defense got 5 TOs the very next game against Detroit for Dak and he only put up like 26. Rush never had a defense get him 5 TOs. In fact, he won 2 games with no TOs by the defense and the Vikings game as well. Dak without TOs by his defense is basically a perennial loser.

So thd excuse is the same defense suddenly became good with Rush, but sucked with Dak..
what excuses. its more like you keep coming up with excuses for Rush trying to declare your manlove for him. sounds like you have something for red heads, given you salivated over Dalton.

I never said Dak hasn't had help. show me where I said that? I have said plenty of times, he is not Elite, but for you to lick Rush's jock strap is just outrageous.

on the one hand you focus on end results with Dak or take a single play and dissect it to death. one play out of 70 and then make generalization statements and conclusions. a single play mind you, which even that was questionable and based on your biased opinion.

and now, you accuse me of making excuses and you are spinning a Rush story, he did this here in this quarter and on that play blah blah blah. we were down 20-3. we lost by 10. he threw three intereptions because when we had to rely on his arm and passing ability, he just doesn't have it. the offense with Rush was ranked 22nd or lower in every statistical category. those are facts. the rest of what you are doing is a hard sell spin and it ain't sticking son.

eagles did blow us out. the offense was putrid in the first half. we were down by 20-3, yet, here you are boasting about Rush and how he was the reason we won all those games and nothing else mattered and excusing everything else, yet, saying Dak has had all of those same things and it was helpful to him, but no...Rush, he led the team!!! he was the reason behind the wins!!! seriously....get some help.

Rush, had the defense keeping scores low. the defense got him turnovers. the defense scored for him!!!! or did you forget the Rams game? where he had all of 90 yards passing and you still want to say it was Rush? the defense in that game scored. then they got a turnover inside the redzone, which he couldn't convert and ended up kicking a field goal. that's 10 points. enough for the team to have won that game, if rush didn't pass one more yard or play one more down!!! you want to tell me Rush didn't get help from the defense. The team knew with Rush, they play like they never had before or we lose every game because they couldn't count on the offense to carry the team.

and you are very peculiar and obviously as known around these neck of the woods very biased.....me not salviating over rush's performance, doesn't mean I am supporting Dak to the nth degree....that's what you Dak haters don't understand. to you, its either somebody Bashes Dak incessantly, 365x24x7x60x60 or they must be a Dak supporter.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
What a crock.

Turpin was not open. Schoonmaker got open very late. He was covered early. Dak had to get rid of the football quickly because of constant pressure. Heck, the pocket was collapsing around him from the snap of the ball. Plus, the Cowboys were down by over 3 TDs at this point late in the game, so there was no way they were coming back.

Dumb analysis which does not show what was professed.
Turpin was open.
Schnoonmaker was open pretty quickly.
Dak had zero pressure on this play. A nice clean pocket.
Being down by 3 TDs does not mean you should make stupid decisions. This wasn't a desperation attempt.

That said, it's just one play.

khiladi

Reaction score
Is there any doubt @khiladi calls any completed pass to Schoonmaker or Turpin.....Garbage Stats?

At that point in the game when the Defense didn't make any stops till 12 mins in 4th Qtr.

Mathieu made a great play. He ingnored his play assignment from the opposite hash and played Prescott's tendencies in blowout games....

Dak Haters world view is weird...
Dak’s tendencies in blowout games is to pad stats against garbage prevent. Dakazoid’s tendencies in such scenarios is to use that as a Dak flex.

But when a team decides not to play prevent in garbage time, Dakazoid’s then say it was meaningless and none of it mattered…

khiladi

Reaction score
what excuses. its more like you keep coming up with excuses for Rush trying to declare your manlove for him. sounds like you have something for red heads, given you salivated over Dalton.

I never said Dak hasn't had help. show me where I said that? I have said plenty of times, he is not Elite, but for you to lick Rush's jock strap is just outrageous.

on the one hand you focus on end results with Dak or take a single play and dissect it to death. one play out of 70 and then make generalization statements and conclusions. a single play mind you, which even that was questionable and based on your biased opinion.

and now, you accuse me of making excuses and you are spinning a Rush story, he did this here in this quarter and on that play blah blah blah. we were down 20-3. we lost by 10. he threw three intereptions because when we had to rely on his arm and passing ability, he just doesn't have it. the offense with Rush was ranked 22nd or lower in every statistical category. those are facts. the rest of what you are doing is a hard sell spin and it ain't sticking son.

eagles did blow us out. the offense was putrid in the first half. we were down by 20-3, yet, here you are boasting about Rush and how he was the reason we won all those games and nothing else mattered and excusing everything else, yet, saying Dak has had all of those same things and it was helpful to him, but no...Rush, he led the team!!! he was the reason behind the wins!!! seriously....get some help.

Rush, had the defense keeping scores low. the defense got him turnovers. the defense scored for him!!!! or did you forget the Rams game? where he had all of 90 yards passing and you still want to say it was Rush? the defense in that game scored. then they got a turnover inside the redzone, which he couldn't convert and ended up kicking a field goal. that's 10 points. enough for the team to have won that game, if rush didn't pass one more yard or play one more down!!! you want to tell me Rush didn't get help from the defense. The team knew with Rush, they play like they never had before or we lose every game because they couldn't count on the offense to carry the team.

and you are very peculiar and obviously as known around these neck of the woods very biased.....me not salviating over rush's performance, doesn't mean I am supporting Dak to the nth degree....that's what you Dak haters don't understand. to you, its either somebody Bashes Dak incessantly, 365x24x7x60x60 or they must be a Dak supporter.
Bare with me buddy.

None of us think Rush is elite, thus the comment NOODLE ARM, over and over and over and over againx. What we say is that Dak is an over-rated, mediocre QB that has been carried his whole career. What Rush proved is very simple, which is Dak is just that.

5-1 proves just that.

Against the Rams, you conveniently ignore that our defense gave up a 75 yard TD to Cooper Kupp. And once again, the team was playing conservative. They passed the ball 16 times, the Rams sacked Rush 3 of them, while Zeke carried the ball 22 times and Pollard 8. After we took the league on Pollard’s run, Dallas had zero need to threaten any TDs when they got a FG as they went up by 9 with 8 minutes left. That is a 2 score lead. Dallas stops them and Rush then proceeds to put them up 22-10 with 5 minutes left. That is a 2 TD lead.

They had no need to air it out in that game.

Whatever they needed Rush to do, he did. And the Eagles game is not a blow-out, as it showed that Rush could bring his team back with plenty of time left.

dfense

Reaction score
You've got to wonder what is said in the film room after seeing game tape like that. "Nice read Dak, he's the only one not open."

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Bare with me buddy.

None of us think Rush is elite, thus the comment NOODLE ARM, over and over and over and over againx. What we say is that Dak is an over-rated, mediocre QB that has been carried his whole career. What Rush proved is very simple, which is Dak is just that.

5-1 proves just that.

Against the Rams, you conveniently ignore that our defense gave up a 75 yard TD to Cooper Kupp. And once again, the team was playing conservative. They passed the ball 16 times, the Rams sacked Rush 3 of them, while Zeke carried the ball 22 times and Pollard 8. After we took the league on Pollard’s run, Dallas had zero need to threaten any TDs when they got a FG as they went up by 9 with 8 minutes left. That is a 2 score lead. Dallas stops them and Rush then proceeds to put them up 22-10 with 5 minutes left. That is a 2 TD lead.

They had no need to air it out in that game.

Whatever they needed Rush to do, he did. And the Eagles game is not a blow-out, as it showed that Rush could bring his team back with plenty of time left.
against the rams the defense gave up a 75 yard TD, but scored enough to win the game by themselves. enough said. anything else was gravy. Rush passed for less than 100 yards. Rams had the TOP as well, so it wasn't like Rush was keeping the offense on the field allowing defense to rest. we won with Rushing and Defense.

at half time the game was 16-10. hardly in the bag by any stretch when you have Stafford & Kupp on the other team. you want to tell me there was no need to pass the ball? in a one score game? seriously!? what world do you live in?
all he could muster was 6 points in second half. defense held them to zero....lets just leave that one alone....you are not going to win that argument by any stretch of imagination your try to pull. I mean 95 yards passing. come one now. that's a quarter for many QBs.

and I never said Dak is elite. but to think Rush is anywhere close to Dak is just a total bias, agenda driven, angry hate filled response.

and you want to go with 5-1? then Dak was 12-5 three seasons in a row and three play off appearances... I mean you are comparing records and all...

Dak has sucked in post season. no argument there. but unlike you and some of your brethren, when you want to singularly put every single failure and blame on Dak. I am more football oriented. there is blame to be spread across the board for the cowboys. some deserve more than others.....I don't have an agenda. I don't over generalize.

I never complain why Dak is not elite. which is what you and your brethren do, taking a single play, dissecting it for 8 pages. trying to prove and over generalize across the whole game, the whole season and entire career. based on a single play. I can take a single Brady play (and no I am not comparing Dak to brady, so don't even go there), and show how he made a collosal mistake and therefore base don that single play, he sucks! but we know better.

khiladi

Reaction score
against the rams the defense gave up a 75 yard TD, but scored enough to win the game by themselves. enough said. anything else was gravy. Rush passed for less than 100 yards. Rams had the TOP as well, so it wasn't like Rush was keeping the offense on the field allowing defense to rest. we won with Rushing and Defense.

at half time the game was 16-10. hardly in the bag by any stretch when you have Stafford & Kupp on the other team. you want to tell me there was no need to pass the ball? in a one score game? seriously!? what world do you live in?
all he could muster was 6 points in second half. defense held them to zero....lets just leave that one alone....you are not going to win that argument by any stretch of imagination your try to pull. I mean 95 yards passing. come one now. that's a quarter for many QBs.

and I never said Dak is elite. but to think Rush is anywhere close to Dak is just a total bias, agenda driven, angry hate filled response.

and you want to go with 5-1? then Dak was 12-5 three seasons in a row and three play off appearances... I mean you are comparing records and all...

Dak has sucked in post season. no argument there. but unlike you and some of your brethren, when you want to singularly put every single failure and blame on Dak. I am more football oriented. there is blame to be spread across the board for the cowboys. some deserve more than others.....I don't have an agenda. I don't over generalize.

I never complain why Dak is not elite. which is what you and your brethren do, taking a single play, dissecting it for 8 pages. trying to prove and over generalize across the whole game, the whole season and entire career. based on a single play. I can take a single Brady play (and no I am not comparing Dak to brady, so don't even go there), and show how he made a collosal mistake and therefore base don that single play, he sucks! but we know better.

5-1…

Rush won in every way possible with this personnel, including the Rams game. Nothing if what you stated changes the point, which is Rush won with this team as a back-up and isn’t getting money like Dak. So if Dak is 12-5, at the pace Rush was playing, we’d be 13-3 for cheap.

You have spent year after year following me around defending Dak like he’s Brady and telling me I don’t know QB play. Now you are acting like you never acted like he was elite.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Turpin was open.
Schnoonmaker was open pretty quickly.
Dak had zero pressure on this play. A nice clean pocket.
Being down by 3 TDs does not mean you should make stupid decisions. This wasn't a desperation attempt.

That said, it's just one play.
Baloney. I know what I saw, plus I never mince words or lie about what I saw.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who's the receiver that's po'd and jumping up-and-down after the play. That's gonna start spreading soon.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
5-1…

Rush won in every way possible with this personnel, including the Rams game. Nothing if what you stated changes the point, which is Rush won with this team as a back-up and isn’t getting money like Dak. So if Dak is 12-5, at the pace Rush was playing, we’d be 13-3 for cheap.

You have spent year after year following me around defending Dak like he’s Brady and telling me I don’t know QB play. Now you are acting like you never acted like he was elite.
no, he didn't win in every way. Cowboys won with defense. when defense couldn't hold an opponent to less than 20. we lost. every way would be like a shoot out, ala Dallas beating seattle 41-35.
and money has nothing to do with anything....its the go to comment from all Pure Dak Haters like yourself. money thing is done. its 53 on the roster. the best 11 on offense. the best 11 on defense and games are played.

and I have heard this same at the pace argument from both sides of the aisle from you....in 2020 before Dak got injured he was passing at an average of 407 yards per game, over a 16 game season it would have been over 6500 yards shattering all time record by a mile...at the same time at that pace, we would have set the absolute worst defensive record in every statistical category...at that pace!!!... and in 2024 at this pace our defense is going to give up 467 points, good for being 31st in the league last year.... does that work for you? I am pacing things and projecting as you did.

don't flatter yourself. I tend to call out bullshiet around here and you tend to put a lot of it out there, so you get called out a lot....stop the bullshiet and you won't get called out...see how it works?