Euro Cup 2021

phildadon86

Reaction score
Let me get this straight. Tell me if I'm totally wrong, I don't mind. I think Italy has a great team. I did not expect Spain to beat them. I was hoping they would, but didn't expect it. But Italy didn't dominate them. I thought Italy overwhelmed Belgium. But against Spain all they did is sit back and counter under the constant assault from Spain. That's anything but dominating. But I do believe Italy absolutely deserves to be there. Then hopefully loses to England.
No. In my first statement I said "italy has dominated everyone they have played until today" What I am trying to say is that while Italy didnt dominate Spain (kind of hard to do when Spain is comfortable passing back to their goalie 90 percent of the game) I dont believe that completing 400 passes and going no where is domination. I believe being clinical is domination. What I am saying is that the commentary is so one sided its honestly disgusting. Spain would pass back to their goalie it was INCREDIBLE. Even when Italy scored it got about 30 seconds of air time. When Morata scored I heard about it the rest of the game. I dont feel Spain dominated Italy by any means. They passed it around amongst themselves and then italy would clear the ball or Spain would shoot it into the stands. 90 percent possession isnt domination if you dont take your chances. My opinion.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
No. In my first statement I said "italy has dominated everyone they have played until today" What I am trying to say is that while Italy didnt dominate Spain (kind of hard to do when Spain is comfortable passing back to their goalie 90 percent of the game) I dont believe that completing 400 passes and going no where is domination. I believe being clinical is domination. What I am saying is that the commentary is so one sided its honestly disgusting. Spain would pass back to their goalie it was INCREDIBLE. Even when Italy scored it got about 30 seconds of air time. When Morata scored I heard about it the rest of the game. I dont feel Spain dominated Italy by any means. They passed it around amongst themselves and then italy would clear the ball or Spain would shoot it into the stands. 90 percent possession isnt domination if you dont take your chances. My opinion.
What concerned me about yesterday's game wasn't Spain's ability to possess the ball, it was Italy's inability to maintain possession when they got the ball. But it's great to be in the finals. Regardless of outcome, I will will have a great party on Sunday afternoon. Forza Italia!!!

phildadon86

Reaction score
What concerned me about yesterday's game wasn't Spain's ability to possess the ball, it was Italy's inability to maintain possession when they got the ball. But it's great to be in the finals. Regardless of outcome, I will will have a great party on Sunday afternoon. Forza Italia!!!
To be honest. Donnarumma really worried me. His distribution was horrible.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Also. Bonucci needs to stop with the long balls. He hasnt connected once and keeps giving away possession lol

Skullmiester

Reaction score

Italy always find a way to win, they are so resilient and play with great passion.

Hopefully it's an England v Italy final as it would be a great occasion.

Bigdog

Reaction score
That was a nice free kick goal by Denmark. Let’s see if England can respond.

Flamma

Reaction score

I have to agree on the working it back to the goalie crap. That was driving me nuts. They even gave up a goal doing that and a few others indirectly from doing that. Yet they persist.

I also thought Italy was the better team with the ball. I think Spain scored the tying goal by boring the Italians into a temporary hypnotic stupor. That can happen when you work it back to the goalie 700 times.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Wasn't easy, Kane's best game, maybe fortunate with the penalty. Need to get some rest now.

Could it really be coming home?
You misspelled “Rome” lol. Just bugging you. Going to be a great match Sunday. Hate that it’s in wembley but hey. May the best team win. I just hope it doesn’t come down to the ref making a decision based on the supporters and let’s the lads play.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
See this is where I get mad. Dominating possession doesn’t make you the better side. Anyone on this forum can play for spain and pass backwards 100 times. What matters is who’s clinical and who wins. This is a cowboys forum. If the cowboys ran for 300 yards and lost no one would be saying we outplayed the other team. It would be a bashing session on Dak for not lifting the team.
no dude you got mad like 5 posts ago and can't stop crying because your team is playing great??? make it make sense, lol. some people are just terrible winners.

I like Italy just fine. I've been. It's pretty marvelous. It was the first country in Europe I visited.

And my ties are to Chelsea... including Italians Jorginho and Emerson.

You seem to want to be upset more than anything...

As to the Spain/Italy game Spain and Italy played a pretty even first half, Italy was sharper the first 15 of the 2nd and got a wonder goal to go ahead than Spain rather dominated with Morata not only leveling but missing a few other chances. Play tilted heavily to Spain with that Morata sub before they both got exhausted well into extra time.
All that said I knew good and well Jorginho wasn't missing with his pause penalty kick and shutting it down there. He's been the main taker at Chelsea for most of his time there.

After missing the WC Italy were always going to have to rebuild their rep and game. They've clearly done it but the chip on the shoulder stuff is frankly hilarious.
Italy have been the most impressive team in this tourney but only the throttling of Belgium has been truly outstanding imho.

I think the Final is a toss up to lean Italy. I trust the Italian manager and keeper more having watched this tourney but England have a deep team with lots of options to present problems and of course it is a home game for England.

5 Chelsea players make the Final which is really all I care about. Hats off to both teams for getting there.

--as an aside I once played Everquest in the dark ages about half our guild being from Portugal. When the US beat them in the World Cup they all guild quit. Which would have made sense if anyone had said anything at all to them but no one did because almost zero computer nerd Americans watched any of the sport at all back in 2002 or whatever it was. But they literally just couldn't stomach being associated with anything American, lol.

phildadon86

Reaction score
no dude you got mad like 5 posts ago and can't stop crying because your team is playing great??? make it make sense, lol. some people are just terrible winners.

I like Italy just fine. I've been. It's pretty marvelous. It was the first country in Europe I visited.

And my ties are to Chelsea... including Italians Jorginho and Emerson.

You seem to want to be upset more than anything...

As to the Spain/Italy game Spain and Italy played a pretty even first half, Italy was sharper the first 15 of the 2nd and got a wonder goal to go ahead than Spain rather dominated with Morata not only leveling but missing a few other chances. Play tilted heavily to Spain with that Morata sub before they both got exhausted well into extra time.
All that said I knew good and well Jorginho wasn't missing with his pause penalty kick and shutting it down there. He's been the main taker at Chelsea for most of his time there.

After missing the WC Italy were always going to have to rebuild their rep and game. They've clearly done it but the chip on the shoulder stuff is frankly hilarious.
Italy have been the most impressive team in this tourney but only the throttling of Belgium has been truly outstanding imho.

I think the Final is a toss up to lean Italy. I trust the Italian manager and keeper more having watched this tourney but England have a deep team with lots of options to present problems and of course it is a home game for England.

5 Chelsea players make the Final which is really all I care about. Hats off to both teams for getting there.

--as an aside I once played Everquest in the dark ages about half our guild being from Portugal. When the US beat them in the World Cup they all guild quit. Which would have made sense if anyone had said anything at all to them but no one did because almost zero computer nerd Americans watched any of the sport at all back in 2002 or whatever it was. But they literally just couldn't stomach being associated with anything American, lol.
I’m not a terrible winner by any means. It’s when I get told by fans that I’m delusional in thinking my team can win the final. Lol. Especially by an English fan who until yesterday barely played a team with a pulse. Either way. Sunday is going to be a great matchup. I think depth wise we are pretty even. We may not have the names that England does but our players are super talented.

This has been a big year for me for football. AC Milan back in champions league and Italy in the finals of the euros. I may get emotional and passionate but I had an opportunity play in Italy when I was a teenager years ago. I had my contract signed and everything and destroyed my knee in my last playoff game against the local Croatian team and never played again. So I look at these guys and always wonder if I could have made it there so I take it harder than most when we lose. That’s all. Just passion my friend.

I also think Mancini is a much better manager than Southgate but we will see Sunday. My biggest fear is the fans influencing the referee to make dumb choices. I don’t care what anyone says including sterling that was not a penalty. However the better team won but it’s still not right in my opinion. Regardless. Sunday will be a crack of a match and I’m looking forward to it. And hopefully coming out victorious. Forza Azzurri

Flamma

Reaction score

I watched that game at a Portuguese bar with a few friends. I didn't think we had any chance going in. I didn't know how good the US were. After the first goal we were like, yeah. Heads turned. After the 2-0 lead we got more animated, but still guarded. After the 3rd goal we went ballistic!!! Jumping up and down, beer was spilling, people were cursing. I was a really good friend of the owner of the bar or we would not have done that. We wouldn't have survived. But Portugal made it scary at the end.