Euro Cup 2021

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If they didn’t include 3rd place teams this year. England wouldn’t even be in the semi finals. You would have played Belgium or France

That would've been difficult, but I do wonder if it might have been different. I certainly don't doubt that we'd struggle with both of those, but, at least for England, this tournament should be helpful for us getting at least a bit of momentum going into the WC.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
See this is where I get mad. Dominating possession doesn’t make you the better side. Anyone on this forum can play for spain and pass backwards 100 times. What matters is who’s clinical and who wins. This is a cowboys forum. If the cowboys ran for 300 yards and lost no one would be saying we outplayed the other team. It would be a bashing session on Dak for not lifting the team.

Frankly, that's exactly what I want the Cowboys to do this year. Control the ball, control TOP, and protect the defence, at least early on, like we did in 2014. I even made a thread saying that. Our defence is combined with rookies and a lot of FAs, and holdovers from last year's defence. So, doing what England is doing or what we did in 2014 is exactly what I want.

phildadon86

Reaction score
That would've been difficult, but I do wonder if it might have been different. I certainly don't doubt that we'd struggle with both of those, but, at least for England, this tournament should be helpful for us getting at least a bit of momentum going into the WC.
Italy and England will struggle in the World Cup as will all team with the weather in Qatar. Nothing that happens now matters. Qatar is unfair ans should have never happened

phildadon86

Reaction score
Frankly, that's exactly what I want the Cowboys to do this year. Control the ball, control TOP, and protect the defence, at least early on, like we did in 2014. I even made a thread saying that. Our defence is combined with rookies and a lot of FAs, and holdovers from last year's defence. So, doing what England is doing or what we did in 2014 is exactly what I want.
Italy is who they are because they stopped that nonsense. England lost to Croatia because they tried protecting a 1 goal lead for 60 minutes. You can’t play not to lose

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Italy and England will struggle in the World Cup as will all team with the weather in Qatar. Nothing that happens now matters. Qatar is unfair ans should have never happened

Oh no doubt. I was wanting them to change the venue early on, especially in the aftermath of the Sepp Blatter scandal. Not to mention the obscene lack of human rights in Qatar and the poor work standards. Not to mention that Qatar is awful at football. They should never have gotten a WC. Quite honestly, I wanted Germany to host the 2022 WC, and England or Italy in 2026 (let's face it, the US MIGHT get out of the group stage if lucky). Or, Argentina wouldn't have been a bad choice.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Italy is who they are because they stopped that nonsense. England lost to Croatia because they tried protecting a 1 goal lead for 60 minutes. You can’t play not to lose

*Cough* Jason Garrett lol. Partly why I say that England is basically the Cowboys of Euro football.

phildadon86

Reaction score
*Cough* Jason Garrett lol. Partly why I say that England is basically the Cowboys of Euro football.
Fair enough just upsets me when English fans make every other country look to be less. The whole “it’s coming home” thing is getting old. They may have invented it. But one cup win in 100 years? I think home is Brazil Germany Italy or France now. Just my opinion. The English may have invented it. But it seems like a lot of other countries have perfected it

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Fair enough just upsets me when English fans make every other country look to be less. The whole “it’s coming home” thing is getting old. They may have invented it. But one cup win in 100 years? I think home is Brazil Germany Italy or France now. Just my opinion. The English may have invented it. But it seems like a lot of other countries have perfected it

Oh come on, let us have our fun with that. It's sort of like when we Cowboys fans flash the 5 fingers at other fans. Again, not much different between each other haha.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Oh come on, let us have our fun with that. It's sort of like when we Cowboys fans flash the 5 fingers at other fans. Again, not much different between each other haha.
Fun is all well in good. When you look down on every other country like we’re less it’s not as fun. Even if England wins tomorrow do they deserve to be there more than Italy? Considering the path? I don’t think so. I may be project my anger on my friend on you and that’s not fair lol but for someone to say we barely won after knocking out the best team in the world 4 days prior is rude and arrogant. And let’s be honest. It hasn’t been “home” for a very long time. Unless England decides to win 4 straight world cups they shouldn’t be talking about home or looking down on any other nation as inferior

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Fun is all well in good. When you look down on every other country like we’re less it’s not as fun. Even if England wins tomorrow do they deserve to be there more than Italy? Considering the path? I don’t think so. I may be project my anger on my friend on you and that’s not fair lol but for someone to say we barely won after knocking out the best team in the world 4 days prior is rude and arrogant. And let’s be honest. It hasn’t been “home” for a very long time. Unless England decides to win 4 straight world cups they shouldn’t be talking about home or looking down on any other nation as inferior

Well, when I do it, it's meant in the same jest as when I hold 5 fingers at Eagles fans. I'd imagine that's probably the same for a lot of England fans. Sure, there might be some that take it over the top, but, like I said, it's meant for the same purpose as what we Cowboys do. Also, like when we point out we're America's Team. Is it arrogant? Maybe yeah, but it's what we say. Frankly, when was the last time we as Cowboys fans could honestly say we were America's Team? The 90s? Just the same with England and the "It's Coming Home". Truthfully, that title probably belongs to the Pats atm, but they can't have it lol.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Well, when I do it, it's meant in the same jest as when I hold 5 fingers at Eagles fans. I'd imagine that's probably the same for a lot of England fans. Sure, there might be some that take it over the top, but, like I said, it's meant for the same purpose as what we Cowboys do. Also, like when we point out we're America's Team. Is it arrogant? Maybe yeah, but it's what we say. Frankly, when was the last time we as Cowboys fans could honestly say we were America's Team? The 90s? Just the same with England and the "It's Coming Home"
Not even close. Cowboys won last in 1995. England hasn’t won a damn thing since 1966. Looking down on anyone for them is just downright stupid. That is obviously my opinion and I’m in no way putting it on you but when you tell me Italy barely won today and doesn’t deserve to be there. It’s a slap in the face. Especially considering the path England has had compared to Italy

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Not even close. Cowboys won last in 1995. England hasn’t won a damn thing since 1966. Looking down on anyone for them is just downright stupid. That is obviously my opinion and I’m in no way putting it on you but when you tell me Italy barely won today and doesn’t deserve to be there. It’s a slap in the face. Especially considering the path England has had compared to Italy

Italy deserves to be in the finals for sure. Again though, it's just banter when we say it's Coming Home. And the point still remains, despite the time difference. It's still no less of a silly banter us calling ourselves America's Team when we decided being coached by Jason Garrett for 10 years was a good idea. Honestly, I wouldn't take it seriously if I was you. Frankly, I'm not sure who is copying who, the Cowboys or England haha.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Italy deserves to be in the finals for sure. Again though, it's just banter when we say it's Coming Home. And the point still remains, despite the time difference. It's still no less of a silly banter us calling ourselves America's Team when we decided being coached by Jason Garrett for 10 years was a good idea. Honestly, I wouldn't take it seriously if I was you. Frankly, I'm not sure who is copying who, the Cowboys or England haha.
How is it banter? I don’t even see the comparison. England has 1 trophy. For a team that invented the sport that’s a joke. Cowboys have 5 and they didn’t even start until what the 60s? Lol. I’m just happy and very mad at my friend telling me we have no chance at the trophy because we barely won today.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
How is it banter? I don’t even see the comparison. England has 1 trophy. For a team that invented the sport that’s a joke. Cowboys have 5 and they didn’t even start until what the 60s? Lol. I’m just happy and very mad at my friend telling me we have no chance at the trophy because we barely won today.

Italy has done very well, and you should be proud of Italy. Again though, getting wound up about "It's Coming Home" is quite funny tbh. Yes, England doesn't really have as much to talk about as the Cowboys, but you get why we do it. And I'm sure if and when we do get eliminated, we'll get it in our face like the Cowboys do every time we lose.

Majic

Reaction score

I wouldn't say English fans look down on other teams, there is great admiration for the ability of them. But you do get this air of expectancy every time a tournament comes around that we can win it. On paper I think we can but 55 years has shown it's not easy!

No doubt the draw has helped England in this tournament, but I don't think there has been a 'great team' in it. It's now or never.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I wouldn't say English fans look down on other teams, there is great admiration for the ability of them. But you do get this air of expectancy every time a tournament comes around that we can win it. On paper I think we can but 55 years has shown it's not easy!

No doubt the draw has helped England in this tournament, but I don't think there has been a 'great team' in it. It's now or never.
Italy has dominated every team they have played until yesterday. Spain was content passing backwards the entire game and when they finally attacked I had to listen to andy and Martin describing how beautiful they were playing and how dominant they were. I’ve never heard more bias commentary in my life. My wife who doesn’t even watch was going. “Did an Italian have an affair with one of their wives?” It’s a joke. I’m so tired of the English wagging their fingers saying no Italy hasn’t been good or great. Meanwhile we have played the top team in the tournament and the world and dominated them. To tell me I’m delusional for believing Italy can win it all is downright arrogant and stupid

phildadon86

Reaction score

I was also responding to the person who said "if England don't win they never will, they need to beat Denmark and then Italy" like its a foregone conclusion. I despise fans like that. Like England just deserves to win because they are England. lol. As i said above. The reason England has looked progressively better is because their competition has been progressively worse. They haven't played a team with a pulse yet. Denmark is going to give them a go, and I personally think Italy is the better side. And on that note I don't think any England fan would deny Mancini is a better tactician and manager than Southgate lol.

Flamma

Reaction score
Italy has dominated every team they have played until yesterday. Spain was content passing backwards the entire game and when they finally attacked I had to listen to andy and Martin describing how beautiful they were playing and how dominant they were. I’ve never heard more bias commentary in my life. My wife who doesn’t even watch was going. “Did an Italian have an affair with one of their wives?” It’s a joke. I’m so tired of the English wagging their fingers saying no Italy hasn’t been good or great. Meanwhile we have played the top team in the tournament and the world and dominated them. To tell me I’m delusional for believing Italy can win it all is downright arrogant and stupid

Let me get this straight. Tell me if I'm totally wrong, I don't mind. I think Italy has a great team. I did not expect Spain to beat them. I was hoping they would, but didn't expect it. But Italy didn't dominate them. I thought Italy overwhelmed Belgium. But against Spain all they did is sit back and counter under the constant assault from Spain. That's anything but dominating. But I do believe Italy absolutely deserves to be there. Then hopefully loses to England.