Euro Cup 2021

Flamma

Reaction score
I’m not a terrible winner by any means. It’s when I get told by fans that I’m delusional in thinking my team can win the final. Lol. Especially by an English fan who until yesterday barely played a team with a pulse. Either way. Sunday is going to be a great matchup. I think depth wise we are pretty even. We may not have the names that England does but our players are super talented.

I don't know why you get insulted at all. So what if someone says something goofy? Italy has had a top team for almost my entire lifetime, save a tourney or two. I'm 54. Someone telling you that Italy doesn't deserve to be there because they barely beat Spain insults both of us, but should be taken with a grain of salt because it's ridiculous. Babblings of a madman!!

Anyone can win on Sunday because that's how Soccer is. But I predict Italy by two goals. What I love to see England take it to them? Absolutely. Soccer is a game of chances. You can dominate a team and still lose.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I don't know why you get insulted at all. So what if someone says something goofy? Italy has had a top team for almost my entire lifetime, save a tourney or two. I'm 54. Someone telling you that Italy doesn't deserve to be there because they barely beat Spain insults both of us, but should be taken with a grain of salt because it's ridiculous. Babblings of a madman!!

Anyone can win on Sunday because that's how Soccer is. But I predict Italy by two goals. What I love to see England take it to them? Absolutely. Soccer is a game of chances. You can dominate a team and still lose.
Maybe I take it personally because I am an emotional passionate man lol. Or because I had a chance to play in that country. Either way. Sunday is going to be a great match. What worries me is Sterling. Italy losing Spinazolla hurt tremendously.

Flamma

Reaction score
Maybe I take it personally because I am an emotional passionate man lol. Or because I had a chance to play in that country. Either way. Sunday is going to be a great match. What worries me is Sterling. Italy losing Spinazolla hurt tremendously.

Italy should win this regardless. But I am predicting penalty shots. Absolutely brutal!!!

phildadon86

Reaction score
Italy should win this regardless. But I am predicting penalty shots. Absolutely brutal!!!
Like I said above. I hope the crowd doesnt influence the ref into making dumb choices. I want a fair match. After seeing how the Danes were done in I dont want to see Italy suffer that fate. Denmark deserved better. England was the better team but to be sent home on a decision like that is brutal considering everything they already went thru.

Either way. I expect a great tilt. I just want them to let the lads play.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I watched that game at a Portuguese bar with a few friends. I didn't think we had any chance going in. I didn't know how good the US were. After the first goal we were like, yeah. Heads turned. After the 2-0 lead we got more animated, but still guarded. After the 3rd goal we went ballistic!!! Jumping up and down, beer was spilling, people were cursing. I was a really good friend of the owner of the bar or we would not have done that. We wouldn't have survived. But Portugal made it scary at the end.
Yup, watched it as well and Ronaldo was so good late but Tim Howard is a US Legend for a reason.
He was a stonewall in that game versus crazy pressure.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I’m not a terrible winner by any means. It’s when I get told by fans that I’m delusional in thinking my team can win the final. Lol. Especially by an English fan who until yesterday barely played a team with a pulse. Either way. Sunday is going to be a great matchup. I think depth wise we are pretty even. We may not have the names that England does but our players are super talented.

This has been a big year for me for football. AC Milan back in champions league and Italy in the finals of the euros. I may get emotional and passionate but I had an opportunity play in Italy when I was a teenager years ago. I had my contract signed and everything and destroyed my knee in my last playoff game against the local Croatian team and never played again. So I look at these guys and always wonder if I could have made it there so I take it harder than most when we lose. That’s all. Just passion my friend.

I also think Mancini is a much better manager than Southgate but we will see Sunday. My biggest fear is the fans influencing the referee to make dumb choices. I don’t care what anyone says including sterling that was not a penalty. However the better team won but it’s still not right in my opinion. Regardless. Sunday will be a crack of a match and I’m looking forward to it. And hopefully coming out victorious. Forza Azzurri
All fair enough and I do think one person's post can get ones dander up and the responses to others feel that heat.

I really hope the game is not decided by VAR, any bad call, penalties. Anything else is a win for me.
Getting to a Finals of Europe is special.

phildadon86

Reaction score
All fair enough and I do think one person's post can get ones dander up and the responses to others feel that heat.

I really hope the game is not decided by VAR, any bad call, penalties. Anything else is a win for me.
Getting to a Finals of Europe is special.
That all I want. I want a fair game. No ghost penalties, or an offside goal or anything. Just a good clean match and may the better team win.

Ren

Reaction score
It’s always been fun to watch England crash and burn the media coverage of it is the best part of any cup but, honestly I just want them to win for once.
I have made a lot of friends in England over the years (I used to live in Europe) and this means everything to them. For once just win pleas

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
It’s always been fun to watch England crash and burn the media coverage of it is the best part of any cup but, honestly I just want them to win for once.
I have made a lot of friends in England over the years (I used to live in Europe) and this means everything to them. For once just win pleas
I've lived in Italy and married an Italian. We dated in high school when the WC was hosted in Italy (1990) so I've been pulling for the azzurri since then. I really wanted England to be in the final as a consolation prize if Italy were to lose this Sunday. While I would be disappointed Italy lost, I wouldn't be upset that England won. I'd be happy for them and look forward to the next tournament.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I've lived in Italy and married an Italian. We dated in high school when the WC was hosted in Italy (1990) so I've been pulling for the azzurri since then. I really wanted England to be in the final as a consolation prize if Italy were to lose this Sunday. While I would be disappointed Italy lost, I wouldn't be upset that England won. I'd be happy for them and look forward to the next tournament.
BLASPHEMY!!!! Is there a rule against this? Mods? Anyone? lol

Flamma

Reaction score
Like I said above. I hope the crowd doesnt influence the ref into making dumb choices. I want a fair match. After seeing how the Danes were done in I dont want to see Italy suffer that fate. Denmark deserved better. England was the better team but to be sent home on a decision like that is brutal considering everything they already went thru.

Either way. I expect a great tilt. I just want them to let the lads play.

Yeah, I didn't see the penalty there. I didn't look for any explanation either, so maybe someone said something I didn't see. But I always watch the Spanish channels, and they were saying the guy wasn't touched.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't see the penalty there. I didn't look for any explanation either, so maybe someone said something I didn't see. But I always watch the Spanish channels, and they were saying the guy wasn't touched.
England is being disciplined by UEFA. Laser pointers and booing the anthem of Denmark

Flamma

Reaction score
England is being disciplined by UEFA. Laser pointers and booing the anthem of Denmark

Well, my South American and Italian friends, the one's that watch soccer constantly, describe England fans much the same was people describe Eagles fans. I only watch soccer every two years. So I'm kind of out of the loop.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Well, my South American and Italian friends, the one's that watch soccer constantly, describe England fans much the same was people describe Eagles fans. I only watch soccer every two years. So I'm kind of out of the loop.
That is pretty accurate. I think as a fan. Booing another countries anthem because of a game is the lowest of the low. Again as I said earlier regarding the English looking down on everyone else. I mean those fans are a select few and I am in now way herding them all into the same group as one of my closest friends is British and he believes that behaviour is classless as well.

I recall the USA national Womens hockey team years back had the Canadian flag on the floor of their locker room, spitting on it and walking all over it. Lets just say when the Canadian women found out about that, it inspired victory. Also. I think that is disgusting but it is what it is. I dont want to get into a debate of this before the biggest weekend in soccer in recent memory. I just want a good game. No bulljive (Shannon Sharpe) and a fair contest.

Flamma

Reaction score
That is pretty accurate. I think as a fan. Booing another countries anthem because of a game is the lowest of the low. Again as I said earlier regarding the English looking down on everyone else. I mean those fans are a select few and I am in now way herding them all into the same group as one of my closest friends is British and he believes that behaviour is classless as well.

I recall the USA national Womens hockey team years back had the Canadian flag on the floor of their locker room, spitting on it and walking all over it. Lets just say when the Canadian women found out about that, it inspired victory. Also. I think that is disgusting but it is what it is. I dont want to get into a debate of this before the biggest weekend in soccer in recent memory. I just want a good game. No bulljive (Shannon Sharpe) and a fair contest.

Good Lord, I didn't even know women had a national hockey team. Women amaze me. Twice in my youth did women teach me and my team/friends a lesson. I won't get into it. But I think you shouldn't worry too much about Sunday. Easy for me to say, I know. But I think Italy wins by 2 goals at least.

Skullmiester

Reaction score

Proper England fans are disgusted by this behaviour. There is a small minority of people who follow the national team who let the rest of us down and they should be dealt with severely, if it means playing behind closed doors and those spoiling it for the rest then so be it, I wouldn't object to that. I'm looking forward to a hard but fair game and all of our supporters in the stadium behaving themselves and showing respect to the Italian national anthem, which is brilliant to listen to and watch the players singing along to it.

I don't know if it is London based supporters who are letting us all down but I am always wary when travelling in and around London as you need to watch your back at times.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I’ll be cheering for Italy. I think Italy is the better team, but that means nothing. Good Luck to both sides! I agree that the refs should not stop the game every time a player falls down. This is the final, let them play!

Flamma

Reaction score
I bet my friend 20 bucks and I have Italy -1 1/2 goals. I know that sounds ridiculous. But in the 2014 World Cup he took Germany minus the same. Just paying it back, finally.