Euro Cup 2021

Flamma

Reaction score
one poor play and a pretty tough red.
then it was over.
not a huge fan of reds like that.
yes it was a handball but no it wasn't a goal altering type handball.

Not just a handball, but it looked like he intentionally moved the ball in the opposite direction it was travelling. Away from the goal. Had it just bounced off of his hand I'd agree.

I forget what match it was, Denmark? What's with the water break like little kids at the 25th minute?

Flamma

Reaction score
I was shocked the Netherlands lost.. but going down to 10 man is brutal.

The games today have been insane.
No idea why France wouldn't defend up 3-1.

Maybe they watched how well it worked out for Spain.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
They should just cancel the rest of the tournament. No way the rest of it can live up to today's matches. Great stuff, and having crowds makes all the difference.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Not just a handball, but it looked like he intentionally moved the ball in the opposite direction it was travelling. Away from the goal. Had it just bounced off of his hand I'd agree.

I forget what match it was, Denmark? What's with the water break like little kids at the 25th minute?
Yea, it was initially yellow then VAR made it red.
It was a sheer goofy play by a normally great 21 yer old but I just hate the impact that has on the game. Pretty much ended it even at 0-0.
Netherlands had fully dominated the first half with nothing to show then that poor play.

Would much rather see yellow and a PK.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Seeing Switzerland beat France was GREAT!! Come on England! Take advantage tomorrow! Beat Germany!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

It's kind of a COVID thing. Hope they stop that soon though.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yea, it was initially yellow then VAR made it red.
It was a sheer goofy play by a normally great 21 yer old but I just hate the impact that has on the game. Pretty much ended it even at 0-0.
Netherlands had fully dominated the first half with nothing to show then that poor play.

Would much rather see yellow and a PK.

Well sure, for us watching, and if we're not fans of either team, a yellow would be way better. Those reds end things quickly. How many times did a red end a works cup for England? They'd come in with a really good team and bam, out you go for something stupid.

I'm a Spain fan, but I still like to see great teams playing.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It's official, Southgate is Jason Garrett, and England is the Dallas Cowboys of international football. Funny too considering his first name is Gareth. Coincidence? I think not!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
What a goal Kane!!!! That's more like it England!!! Play like THAT the rest of the tournament!!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
What a win for England!! Terrible start, but, I gotta give Southgate credit, unlike Jason Garrett, he adjusted!!! Well done! Yaaas! Always good to best the Germans too.

Majic

Reaction score
Another big team has gone out in that side of the draw (Holland) but first Germany. Kane needs crosses into the box, to get the best out of him. Very little service and what he has had he has not done very well with.

Finally some width and balls into the box. That's what Kane needed. What took so long?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I still hate England don't play Reece James for his speed and physicality.

But great win for them and some other results gotta make them smile wide. Netherlands, Portugal, France, Germany all out....
Some sides are likely food that are through to round of 8.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
at this point guessing:
spain
belgium
england
denmark

then
belg over psain
engl over denmark

belg over engl