Even if Zeke reports today he's not playing till game 2 or 3?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Realistically you're delusional.
*one time,I had a service call work order to go work on some housewife's kitchens gas cook stove, she spoke no English & I spoke no Espanol, what was the weirdly bizarre angle of this post is that she was some kinda' mystic gypsy snake charmer something or other, she had a crystal ball on the kitchen table& when I'd made a comment & pointed it out quizzically, her eyes glared daggers& she threw a towel over it:lmao:,,,but the strangest & most memorable aspect of this encounter, was this gal's finger nails,I mean this snake lady had like 12" curled out& spiraling this way& that in all directions meticulously( and obviously painstakingly) painted bright red all 10 digits,,,now, I wanna ask you a question,,, would I be considered delusional were I to have entertained the thought that this gal could successfully wipe her butt after the #2 b.m. maneuver?,,,Or even butter a slice of toast for that matter? with claws like thoseo_O

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
You mean the good lad has been feverishly working out?
Just to throw this in, no one really is getting into shape during training camp. These powder puff "training" they are doing is not getting it done. We can thank the CBA for that. It is why it takes players 3 or 4 games to get into "football shape" every year. Heck a guy like Zeke could actually get into shape on his own vs what they are calling exercise and practice these days.

Just watch a couple practices and drills now. They last for mere minutes till the siren blows for quits. Have you seen their "sprints"? Lol. Should be called loafs. No way would our HS coach allow us to jog our sprints or pull up a couple yards before finishing or you would do it again.

HS football players back in the day were in far better shape than these pros today due to the strenuous practices we had to endure vs these celebrity practices the NFL puts on today. It reminds me of Rocky 3. Balboa is the current NFL doing their half hearted, hardly sweating drills and Clubber Lang is the old school 2 a days tough practices in 100 degree Texas heat NFL practices.

The old schoolers would kick the crap outta these new kids. When NFL players started week 1 back then, they were in shape. They didn't need 3 or 4 games to get into shape.

So, I hope Zeke is doing a Clubber Lang routine and busting his butt down there.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
It is ironic that being a 1st round pick penalizes you with the 5th year option. Dak and Zeke were drafted in the same year, yet Zeke, drafted earlier is expected to wait a year later to get his big payday.

Granted Zeke's rookie contract was much larger than Dak's, but neither rookie deal matches what their 2nd contract will be. I guess the way the CBA is structured now, I would want to be the 33rd pick in the draft. That would get you a decent rookie deal and there would be no 5th year team option.

Aww poor wittle zekey weeky his life's sooo unfair.

Praxit

Reaction score
..with the guacamole so good over there, he might not make it back. ;)..

glimmerman

Reaction score
A lot of the players say there is a top notch training facility there. I don’t know if he is using it but that’s where he went and stayed in shape during his suspension.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
A lot of the players say there is a top notch training facility there. I don’t know if he is using it but that’s where he went and stayed in shape during his suspension.

He showed during the suspension that he has the discipline to train and keep himself in shape while away from the team.

He also knows that when he comes back, all eyes will be on him as he'll take the field as the highest paid RB in the league.

I can't imagine that he's not going to be ready to go.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Why? It would take 4 weeks to get into shape. So he won't snap something.
Because his hamstrings, ligaments, tendons and muscle and fat have not lifted anything heavier than a Mexican beauty since .... realisticaly his lackluster game against the Rams!

I want to see Tony Pollard running for 150 yards in game 1!
Zeke, on the sidelines looking on, and regretting his hold out. Oh, drama! O, Death!

Will you be happy to see a great Pollard emerge?
If not shake your head.
OK

He is playing, we might get fat Zeke for a few games but he isn't sitting out

glimmerman

Reaction score
He showed during the suspension that he has the discipline to train and keep himself in shape while away from the team.

He also knows that when he comes back, all eyes will be on him as he'll take the field as the highest paid RB in the league.

I can't imagine that he's not going to be ready to go.
If anything it will be getting in the flow with the O-Line.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I'm a gringo
Let's play bingo
Taquitoooooooooo-oh-ohs

but seriously, Mexico is the fattest country on the globe as per real statistics
You don't get out much, do you, Earl?
You must be thinking of the Midwest or deep south.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I hope Pollard turns out to be Kamara Part Deux.....but in the meantime I'm seeing a Rico situation here all over again so patience till we see real deal on the field of War.
Jeez you think HB like Zeke grow on trees and are selected in the 4th round daily?
Merry Xmas folks....
Blimey!
Did you just compare Pollard to Tony?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Just to throw this in, no one really is getting into shape during training camp. These powder puff "training" they are doing is not getting it done. We can thank the CBA for that. It is why it takes players 3 or 4 games to get into "football shape" every year. Heck a guy like Zeke could actually get into shape on his own vs what they are calling exercise and practice these days.

Just watch a couple practices and drills now. They last for mere minutes till the siren blows for quits. Have you seen their "sprints"? Lol. Should be called loafs. No way would our HS coach allow us to jog our sprints or pull up a couple yards before finishing or you would do it again.

HS football players back in the day were in far better shape than these pros today due to the strenuous practices we had to endure vs these celebrity practices the NFL puts on today. It reminds me of Rocky 3. Balboa is the current NFL doing their half hearted, hardly sweating drills and Clubber Lang is the old school 2 a days tough practices in 100 degree Texas heat NFL practices.

The old schoolers would kick the crap outta these new kids. When NFL players started week 1 back then, they were in shape. They didn't need 3 or 4 games to get into shape.

So, I hope Zeke is doing a Clubber Lang routine and busting his butt down there.
You say it takes 3-4 games to get into shape?
Gadzooks!
Not only are we buying a load of fertilizer about Zeke working out, he is falling waaaay behind!
Pollard, find yo helmet!!!!

erod

Reaction score
Why? It would take 4 weeks to get into shape. So he won't snap something.
Because his hamstrings, ligaments, tendons and muscle and fat have not lifted anything heavier than a Mexican beauty since .... realisticaly his lackluster game against the Rams!

I want to see Tony Pollard running for 150 yards in game 1!
Zeke, on the sidelines looking on, and regretting his hold out. Oh, drama! O, Death!

Will you be happy to see a great Pollard emerge?
If not shake your head.
OK
They barely move in camp these days.

He'll be fine.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
He is playing, we might get fat Zeke for a few games but he isn't sitting out

Somewhere, somehow, mate, some strength and conditioning coach might be reading and shaking his head.
Of course! Players just show up for a game and play!
None or little stretching, no bringing along the body slowly into playing shape, no conditioning and running drills, no rubdowns after a practice, no toughening up of tendons, ligaments, muscle and tissue.
They just show up and play!
:eek: