Every Cowboy who has ever played, who would win in a fight?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
They are.
Meh. It depends.

Well, I guess you're right in the sense that it isn't a "fight," Street.

If the person is a scrub or a punk, cold cock him blindside (ie, cheep shot) -- bar fight, party, alley, parking lot etc. If he is a scrub, he deserves it anyways. And it wouldn't matter anyways, as you should seemingly throttle him regardless. Just get it over with.

Now, if it is someone who wants to square up over something that aint right -- perhaps you talked to his girl at a bar, bumped into him and didn't apologize, or a friend etc, then you should square up.

If you haven't cold cocked someone you haven't fought enough. If you haven't been cold cocked, you haven't fought enough.

But a cheap shot isn't a fight. Always. Regardless. It's either a lesson or a ***** move.

In the case of Roger, it was a ***** move on Longley. Roger would have killed ol' boy, and there's plenty of people that were there that attest to the fact.\

Also, once a person puts hands on me, even if it's to push me, I come back swinging. Some consider that "cheap" as "gentleman fights" require a push-back. LOL

I tell my son, anyone lays a hand on you, take flight -- even if it's just an aggressive tap on the shoulder. Daddy will take you out to Baskin Robbins after your detention.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Meh. It depends.

If the person is a scrub or a punk, cold cock him blindside -- bar fight, party, alley, parking lot etc. If he is a scrub, he deserves it anyways. And it wouldn't matter anyways, as you should seemingly throttle him regardless. Just get it over with.

Now, if it is someone who wants to square up over something that aint right -- perhaps you talked to his girl at a bar, bumped into him and didn't apologize, or a friend etc, then you should square up.

If you haven't cold cocked someone you haven't fought enough. If you haven't been cold cocked, you haven't fought enough.

But a cheap shot isn't a fight. Always. Regardless. It's either a lesson or a ***** move.

In the case of Roger, it was a ***** move on Longley. Roger would have killed ol' boy, and there's plenty of people that were there that attest to the fact.
I wouldn’t assume that. I idolized Roger but he was a polite catholic kid. Remember the guy who said he knew how to have fun with his wife in their station wagon . About as clean cut as they come. Clint was a rough neck from Texas. I might put my money on Longeley.

jday

Reaction score
You can choose from any Dallas cowboy of all time, in their prime. Who do you think could win in a fist fight against each other?
Randy White. There might be bigger guys, but fighting is more about mentality. Randy was a helluva fighter...and probably still is.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Meh. It depends.

If the person is a scrub or a punk, cold cock him blindside -- bar fight, party, alley, parking lot etc. If he is a scrub, he deserves it anyways. And it wouldn't matter anyways, as you should seemingly throttle him regardless. Just get it over with.

In the case of Roger, it was a ***** move on Longley. Roger would have killed ol' boy, and there's plenty of people that were there that attest to the fact.

Me and my frat brothers were crossing the border at Matamoros years ago. Another frat was talking smack as we were waiting in line.

As soon as we entered Mexico, it was on! This one guy was throwing punches left and right at us. So, I came up from behind and sucker punched him in the jaw, knocked him out cold.

Needless to say, I spent the night in a Mexican prison and a few of the other frat guys came in shortly after me in the same cell. We became buddies and we all got along ng the next few days in Padre :thumbup:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I wouldn’t assume that. I idolized Roger but he was a polite catholic kid. Remember the guy who said he knew how to have fun with his wife in their station wagon . About as clean cut as they come. Clint was a rough neck from Texas. I might put my money on Longeley.
Roger was a ferocious competitor and there are prominent Cowboys on record saying that he would've killed Longley if they didn't intervene.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Meh. It depends. If the person is a scrub or a punk, cold cock him blindside -- bar fight, party, alley, parking lot etc. If he is a scrub, he deserves it anyways. And it wouldn't matter anyways, as you should seemingly throttle him regardless. Just get it over with.

Now, if it is someone who wants to square up over something that aint right, perhaps you talked to his girl at a bar, bumped into him and didn't apologize, or a friend etc, then you should square up.

Agree to disagree. Regardless, scrub or not I simply wouldn't jack a dude up unless absolutely necessary.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’d take Randy White in any bar fight. The Manster.

How about Too Tall Jones. He was a professional boxer.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Me and my frat brothers were crossing the border at Matamoros years ago. Another frat was talking smack as we were waiting in line.

As soon as we entered Mexico, it was on! This one guy was throwing punches left and right at us. So, I came up from behind and sucker punched him in the jaw, knocked him out cold.

Needless to say, I spent the night in a Mexican prison and a few of the other frat guys came in shortly after me in the same cell. We became buddies and we all got along ng the next few days in Padre :thumbup:
How long ago was that? You're very lucky to come out alive or without any serious bodily harm from that Matamoros prison.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Roger was a ferocious competitor and there are prominent Cowboys on record saying that he would've killed Longley if they didn't intervene.
Yea, I know but that doesn’t mean anything. Just taking up for their Guy. They would have never let Roger get in a fight. Clint was a Redneck. My money would have been on him.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Agree to disagree. Regardless, scrub or not I simply wouldn't jack a dude up unless absolutely necessary.
That's fair, Street. I know some folks just don't think it's right any time, ever. And I respect that, brother.