Video: Every Dez Bryant Incompletion from 17

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
“Win or go home games”? I thought we had purged all of these people from the forum. I was proud to say that we hadn’t had this term show up much in the last few years. Looks like a sock puppet is born...
Truth hurts fam. Unless you feel those week 17 games weren't like playoff games. Which they pretty much were.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
No expletive you feel the same way that's why you'll take the word of people who don't have a tv and or even watch Boys games side as long as it aligns with your view. Isn't the first or last time someone will do that.

If that's what you believe ok. You rather inDAKurate though? I guess abr is in full effect for some.
Like I said, I liked Romo. I watched all of Romo’s games. I thought he was a very good QB, but in my opinion he made to many critical mistakes in big games. You may not like this, but many football fans( with TV’s)feel the same way. I’m objective, I’m not in love with Romo like you.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
No more than the Week 16 game that you had to win for that game to matter, or the Week 15 game that you had to win for the Week 16 game to matter, etc.
Rather than try to pretend as a fan that I understand the “pressure” of different games, I think I will just stick with regular season and playoff games. It’s less confusing than making up a category for the sole purpose of making one single player in the history of the NFL look bad and then never applying it to anyone else.
U put your head in the sand if you want to. Same stats apply to playoff games. I would apply that to other QB's as well, but is there another QB with that kind of track record or being in so many of those week 17 games? And I happen to think Romo is the unluckiest QB of all time, but fact remains that those teams did not win a game when the season was on the line.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo was not a big game player and I mean his record in win or go home games proves that. As well as in all of those losses the offense never scored more than 23 points so it wasn't like he was putting up 300 yard games with 4 tds and losing because our defense was trash like what happened to Dak in 2016. Romo actually has never thrown for more than 300 yards in a playoff game. Everyone can believe what they want. I liked Romo as a person I think he is a great individual, but after 10 years on the Romo coaster I'm glad it's over. Was sick of every season hearing about him finally healthy or won't practice because of offseason surgery etc. etc.
come on....
He played great in the last 3 "win or go home games" he was in (a silly stat made up by the haters just for Romo)

It seems we've inherited a few of what Belichick would call low IQ fans regarding QB play in recent months. I hope you aren't one. Dont know your posting well enough to say.

The fact that you would use that silly 300 yard playoff stat is very telling.
He had 294 in one win and in the blowout win ....was that not enough?
And vs Philly was well on his way to 300, but with a 34-7 lead, we pulled in the reigns.

The guy only played in 6 playoff games.
1 blowout win
1 blowout loss
4 down to the wire

Last edited:

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
U put your head in the sand if you want to. Same stats apply to playoff games. I would apply that to other QB's as well, but is there another QB with that kind of track record or being in so many of those week 17 games? And I happen to think Romo is the unluckiest QB of all time, but fact remains that those teams did not win a game when the season was on the line.
They won plenty of games with the season on the line, which is why the phony stat was created... to narrow it down as far as possible to a specific situation. Most people can see right through it, but unfortunately a few people still fall for the okie-doke.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
“Win or go home games”? I thought we had purged all of these people from the forum. I was proud to say that we hadn’t had this term show up much in the last few years. Looks like a sock puppet is born...
Win or go home game. I have no problem with that term. Yeah, It’s true Romo wasn’t very successful in those games.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
They won plenty of games with the season on the line, which is why the phony stat was created... to narrow it down as far as possible to a specific situation. Most people can see right through it, but unfortunately a few people still fall for the okie-doke.
Who's they? Not Romo.

Gator88

Reaction score
Romo had 10 years playing Dak was the right move. History showed in playoff games that Romo's offense most likely would not have put up over 34 points.
Lol, no it was a terrible move that ensured Dallas wouldn't have a chance of winning the Super Bowl despite it being the weakest rest of the NFC I'd seen in over a decade.

As for history showing that Romo wouldn't have put up as many points as Dak did, can you point out a playoff game where Romo played anything close to the 31st ranked pass defense that was missing their entire secondary. Add onto that he was at home, with a completely healthy offensive group that had 4 other All pros. Then I might see your point, otherwise it's not a valid point.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
And anybody that says that would be wrong.

People who prop up Dak's game against GB in the playoffs do realize that his QB rating was worse than the average rating of GB's road opponents that year? Considering how bad that defense was and how injured they were in the playoff game, I wouldn't put that performance above any Romo playoff performance (can't really judge the Vikings one considering they had 3 defensive lineman getting the same amount of pressure that Clayborn was getting in this year's Atlanta game).

Yeah, we can knock Dak’s performance because it was against a bad defense. We can also knock Dez and Witten’s good performances too for the sake of consistency.

Gator88

Reaction score
As for the stupid win or go home games, Dak had 1 this year against Seattle, and put up a stinker that imo was worse than any Romo put up.

Gator88

Reaction score
Yeah, we can knock Dak’s performance because it was against a bad defense. We can also knock Dez and Witten’s good performances too for the sake of consistency.
Sure, but it's really rare that I see anybody talk about that game trying to prop up those guys.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
They weren’t anything like playoff games. They were regular season games. Here’s a little hint, troll: if you can buy a ticket to the game in April, it’s a regular season game. Even you can’t screw that up.
Of course it’s like a playoff game. If you lose a regular season game that knocks you out of the playoff chase, it is very similar to a playoff game. Ask those Cowboys players who lost the last game of the year for 3 straight years, if it felt different than the usual regular season loss.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Sure, but it's really rare that I see anybody talk about that game trying to prop up those guys.
I was happy Dez finally showed up in a playoff game even though he was guarded by the head cheese boy at Taco Bell that game. I won’t complain about it.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Of course it’s like a playoff game. If you lose a regular season game that knocks you out of the playoff chase, it is very similar to a playoff game. Ask those Cowboys players who lost the last game of the year for 3 straight years, if it felt different than the usual regular season loss.
No it didn’t. It was nothing like a playoff game. Because it was a regular season game. It’s just a desperate reach by desperate trolls. Playoff games are on a whole different level.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
As for the stupid win or go home games, Dak had 1 this year against Seattle, and put up a stinker that imo was worse than any Romo put up.
Yeah, and Dak was running for his life that whole game. That loss was on Garrett and his predictable basic passing attack( again did not give Tyrone’s backup, Bell, consistent help), and the terrible blocking.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Really! What a weak reply. I clearly stated why I think Dez has regressed over the last 3 years and Why Dak’s first 2 years were more successful than Romo’s and why I think Dak will have a more successful career than Romo and you come back with NOTHING!! LOL

When you dismiss the fact Dez (and the rest of the receivers in 2015, I would add) played with Cassel, Weeden and Moore at QB as just some trivial sidenote, you're silly.

It's just as deranged as saying to someone who didn't show up to work because they got T-boned at intersection..."excuses!!!"