Video: Every Dez Bryant Incompletion from 17

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Really, you seriously don't understand that a game in the regular season in which it's a win or go home game can be just like a post season win or go home game?
I like Romo but some fans are in the clouds.

What he’s trying to say is that there are games in which Romo won that wouldn’t have given us the opportunity for such a game. For example, in 2013 we had to beat Washington week 16 in order to have a “win or go home” game a week later. This he did with a herniated disc by the way. That is way the stat is silly because you can’t get into that situation without having won other games to create this scenario.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What he’s trying to say is that there are games in which Romo won that wouldn’t have given us the opportunity for such a game. For example, in 2013 we had to beat Washington week 16 in order to have a “win or go home” game a week later. This he did with a herniated disc by the way. That is way the stat is silly because you can’t get into that situation without having won other games to create this scenario.
Yeah, I get it but that doesn't erase my point. And Romo didn't just blow late season games.

rags747

Reaction score
Feel sorry for you. Dak will be here for the next 10 years, at least. Why such hate for a QB who has been pretty good his first 2 years in the NFL, especially with Garrett’s basic Offensive system?
Dude, year 1 I said that he was great, year 2 IMO he sucked Bigtime. I think that is a pretty fair summation on my part. If year 3 is like year 2 then I want a stud QB drafted, don't want a year 4 if he sucks again this upcoming season. If he reverts to his rookie year then I am all for him to lead this team going fwd.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I get this too, but it doesn’t say much that he can beat a team that finished the season 3-13 to give him credit for a big win to set up the actual win or go home game against the team actually needing to win or go home themselves. Against those opponents the results weren’t very favorable.

But Romo does deserve credit for squeaking out that key victory against the Commanders, regardless of how crappy the Skins were that year.

Gator88

Reaction score
Did the QB throw an ill-advised late game INT?
I can only remember 2 late game interceptions in Romo's playoff games or "win or go home games". One of which was a hail Mary type play, so the only one which was ill advised in that 2012 Washington game. Hasn't Dak already matched him?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I can only remember 2 late game interceptions in Romo's playoff games or "win or go home games". One of which was a hail Mary type play, so the only one which was ill advised in that 2012 Washington game. Hasn't Dak already matched him?
Not even close.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Ok, go ahead and list off late game ill advised interceptions in his playoff games/ "win or go home games".
I could, I have the info, but it won't matter. You are all in on Romo and 2 years in all out on Dak. Waste of time because you won't accept any other perspective. I can't tell you how many Romo-over-supporters respond with: "List the games". You do and it gets brushed aside.

Gator88

Reaction score
I could, I have the info, but it won't matter. You are all in on Romo and 2 years in all out on Dak. Waste of time because you won't accept any other perspective. I can't tell you how many Romo-over-supporters respond with: "List the games". You do and it gets brushed aside.
This is only "win or go home" games and playoff games. Romo really didn't have many interceptions in those games. He had 2 interceptions in his 6 playoff games, 1 of which was an end of game hail Mary type play. Dak has had 2 of those games and has thrown 4 interceptions. Saying Dak isn't close to Romo in those situations is disingenuous at best considering he's on pace to surpass Romo by a large amount.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
if he hasn't fixed his accuracy issue after playing high school and college, how are we going to fix it in one off season.. sheesh... let him run the ball and if he gets hurt next bus driver up..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
This is only "win or go home" games and playoff games. Romo really didn't have many interceptions in those games. He had 2 interceptions in his 6 playoff games, 1 of which was an end of game hail Mary type play. Dak has had 2 of those games and has thrown 4 interceptions. Saying Dak isn't close to Romo in those situations is disingenuous at best considering he's on pace to surpass Romo by a large amount.

I will give examples.

In 2006 - he bobbled the snap. I get he was a holder but was a huge end of game mistake.

In 2007- he had what you call his Hail Mary interception. I don’t fault him for the interception, in and of itself, I have a problem with the fact he rushed that throw and gave his receiver absolutely no shot at catching the ball. He had time to scramble, give receivers more time and given someone a shot at a reception. It wasn’t “Hail Mary” as we were only 20-30 yards away and a 1st down still could have been achieved too.

In 2009 he was a turnover machine against Minny. While he only had 1 interception, he fumbled 3 times losing 2.

In 2011 - he had a good stat line agiant NY in week 17. Problem is our offense sucked when the game was tight and racked up stats when down big.

2012- threw 3 interceptions against Washington in week 17, including the last one with under 2 minutes down by only 3. That pretty much ended the season.

2014- he actually came through against the Lions and would have come through late agianst the Packers if Dez would have wrapped the ball up.

Last edited:

Gator88

Reaction score
I will give examples.

In 2006 - he bobbled the snap. I get he was a holder but was a huge end of game mistake.

Sure, it was a mistake, but given that he was the only starting QB to be a holder for as long as I can remember, and that the rule got changed the offseason after to take control of the kicking balls away from the home team, I don't think that this should be a huge deal, but if you want to blame him for this one, go ahead.

In 2007- he had what you call his Hail Mary interception. I don’t fault him for the interception, in and of itself, I have a problem with the fact he rushed that throw and gave his receiver absolutely no shot at catching the ball. He had time to scramble, give receivers more time and given someone a shot at a reception. It wasn’t “Hail Mary” as we were only 20-30 yards away and a 1st down still could have been achieved too.

I haven't had the heart to rewatch this play after seeing Crayton inexplicably quit on his route the play before which caused the loss. I do remember that Romo had been knocked down in over half of his 2nd down passes, I think it was around 2/3 of them. I might remember wrongly, but I don't really think there was time for a first down either.

In 2009 he was a turnover machine against Minny. While he only had 1 interception, he fumbled 3 times losing 2.

Cmon, you can't reasonably blame Romo at all for this one. As bad as Dak's Atlanta game was, imagine if there were 2 players that consistently got more pressure than Clayborn did, and another one on the line was getting close to that amount of pressure. You could put any QB in history into that game, and they would all look like scrubs.

In 2011 - he had a good stat line agianst NY in week 17. Problem is our offense sucked when the game was tight and racked up stats when down big.

Hard to blame him for this one considering the offensive support he had, vs the blazing hot NYG defense which took them all the way to a Super Bowl victory.

2012- threw 3 interceptions against Washington in week 17, including the last one with under 2 minutes down by only 3. That pretty much ended the season.

This was his worst game of the bunch by far for me, and was the only one I put any significant blame on him for. It didn't help that he again had terrible offensive support overall, but this was a huge stinker that he deserves plenty of blame on.

2014- he actually came through against the Lions and would have come through late agianst the Packers if Dez would have wrapped the ball up.

Every Qb has their stinkers, even the all time greats like this era's, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, and Brees. Not sure why people are acting like Romo had more than his fair share.

Last edited:

jay94

Reaction score
I will give examples.

Even Tom Brady had no chance with what his line support gave him that day. Watch the tape.

As far as Dez and Dak go both were at fault. Dez can get absolutely no separation, this should be the NUMBER ONE thing for a receiver for a great receiver and Dez simply has NONE of that. His salary is a joke.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Every Qb has their stinkers, even the all time greats like this era's, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, and Brees. Not sure why people are acting like Romo had more than his fair share.
Of course they do. Romo has had his. I am glad you simply acknowledge Romo’s. Most people will just point fingers to blame anyone other than Romo.

I loved Romo when he played. Defended him against cliams that he sucked and needed to be cut. However, how his avid fans attempt to portray him is somewhat embarrassing and is a disservice to Tony’s career. He wasn’t perfect. It’s OK to acknowledge that and he never could magically solve all the issues with the team.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Even Tom Brady had no chance with what his line support gave him that day. Watch the tape.

I don’t need to watch the tape. I’ve watched the games, but thank you for your advice.

I haven’t seen tape where Romo overcame a defense giving up 34 points in a playoff game like many claim he would have done in 2016. If you have that tape, I would absolutely love to see it.

rkell87

Reaction score
Take of your Rose colored Romo glasses. Aria, posted the interceptions stats for both Romo and Dak in their first 2 years. What did that tell you? Also Dak made huge plays with his feet to score TD’s in his first 2 years, Romo seldom did.
What do positive stat mean? Go back and watch Romo, he made plenty; at least as many plays with his feet for both completions and touchdowns, he just threw the ball instead of running because he's better at throwing. Romo was Houdini getting out of the pocket and finding a receiver on the run. I'm not a Dak hater, but he isn't close to Romo especially considering that Dak is 2 years deep into his career with 32 starts and Romo was 5 years deep before he had 32 starts. Romo put the team on his back his whole career, first year Dak preformed admirably but the Oline and zeke put the team on their back. Last year Dak had more around him than Romo in his first two years(as starter) even with injuries but didn't handle it as well.

rkell87

Reaction score
Really? Try going back and reading the first stat I posted of Dak’s INT’s vs Romo’s INT’s during their first two years. Please tell me how that favors Romo or stop typing so you don’t make yourself look worse.
Really? Try going back and reading my first sentence again or stop typing so you don't make yourself look worse.

starcity214

Reaction score
I judge people's football intellect on the way they view Romo.

If they say he sucks because he never won a Superbowl , it simply tells me their brain can't handle the fact that wins and losses are a team stat.

I repeat, wins and losses are a team stat.

I saw Brady lose in a Superbowl despite the fact that he passed for the most yards ever and despite the fact that he played a great game overall...

I saw Roethlisberger win a Superbowl with 123 passng yards no TD and 2 INTs...

Romo's defenses averaged on the bottom 1/3 in his career...

Romo's Offenses averaged top 10 in his career..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I judge people's football intellect on the way they view Romo.

If they say he sucks because he never won a Superbowl , it simply tells me their brain can't handle the fact that wins and losses are a team stat.

I repeat, wins and losses are a team stat.

I saw Brady lose in a Superbowl despite the fact that he passed for the most yards ever and despite the fact that he played a great game overall...

I saw Roethlisberger win a Superbowl with 123 passng yards no TD and 2 INTs...

Romo's defenses averaged on the bottom 1/3 in his career...

Romo's Offenses averaged top 10 in his career..

I don’t judge their intellect, I judge their ability to be objective. The majority of people who discuss Romo lack objectivity. Discussing Romo is like discussing politics. You have two sides on opposite ends of the spectrum, both thinking their side is 100% right and the other side is 100% wrong. The truth is both sides are somewhat right and somewhat wrong.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
I will give examples.

In 2011 - he had a good stat line agiant NY in week 17. Problem is our offense sucked when the game was tight and racked up stats when down big.

2006 he actually drove us down the field to get in position to kick that very FG.

2007 - Romo could not gain a first down as you say the time expired it was end zone or nothing
2009 - Witten was tasked with blocking Jared Allen, nuff said

2011 - he played injured. His hand looked like a pumpkin (the week prior against the eagles he hit his helmet on the defender)

2012 - he did have a ****** game. Didn’t help that the line backer came Scott free on that INT tho