1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Excellent quote from Mahomes Dak should read it

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by lk8701, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Floatyworm

Floatyworm The Labeled One

12,897 Messages
    10,957 Likes Received
    I thought Mahomes was gonna say.."See what happens when you win a Super Bowl? You get paid...Win more that 1 playoff game before you start *****ing..."

:rolleyes:

Typhus, Vandyr, WillieBeamen and 2 others like this.
  2. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

4,906 Messages
    4,521 Likes Received
    Just another case of cowboy fanzz jocking other teams and their players

Proof likes this.
  3. Hennessy_King

Hennessy_King Well-Known Member

10,884 Messages
    16,148 Likes Received
    Its not year to year but ok. And mahomes is an absolute idiot for signing that deal

4. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

5,908 Messages
    6,885 Likes Received
    Dak can sign a 1 billion dollar contract and and still only see pennies on the dollar... Mahomes gave KC a Brady like deal. Dak and Mahomes are not in the same situation. One came from money.. one is a generational talent. I applaud the FO for handling The Dak contract in this manner. I remember the pay the man crowd for Dez. Then Zeke.

Fastpitch Dad and Swagger like this.
  5. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

26,802 Messages
    50,900 Likes Received
    Oh, I bet our coach could surround him better than their couch could.

Yeah, it's a fat joke, but I couldn't resist.

6. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

9,555 Messages
    9,847 Likes Received
    Mahomes has the right attitude and he can afford to because he knows how good he is and that the team won’t look to move on from him within the next 10 years. He can sign the type of deal he did and be confident he will see most of that money and that by doing that the team can stay talented. He is a true team guy that wants to win every year. On the other hand, Dak and his agent are the exact opposite. They have to strike while the iron is hot because he may never be in this type of position again. He is coming off a big stats year and the team had no other options. He isn’t thinking long term winning. He is only concerned with fleecing the Cowboys out of every penny possible at this time with the hope that he gets the chance to do it again as soon as possible. Dallas gets burned almost every time they give in to players only motivated by money. Dak won’t be any different. Dak and Mahomes have very different motivations and you can see it come though loud and clear on the field. One gives everything he has to win, the other changed his whole game to help ensure he got to his pay day. He has already signaled that his next pay day is more important to him than winning. I don’t trust he will lay it all on the line to win each week because that puts his next contract at risk. I don’t see him being worth the money it will take to sign him so I hope they don’t. I’d be fine with him traded at the deadline and Dalton given a two year extension at the same time. Then start the search for a new franchise QB.

7. InTheZone

InTheZone Well-Known Member

6,225 Messages
    5,687 Likes Received
    The longer Dak is here the longer we wait for the next potential superstar.

Call me greedy.

catiii and WillieBeamen like this.
  8. InTheZone

InTheZone Well-Known Member

6,225 Messages
    5,687 Likes Received
    Pin to homepage for everyone to read before they post

Vandyr, Swagger and boxer-rumble like this.
  9. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

23,295 Messages
    57,043 Likes Received
    No. Being his wagon has already been hitched for 4 seasons and contributed to not having this team go "nowhere".

Besides, looking at the past is senseless when your franchise just hired an entire new coaching staff.

10. superonyx

superonyx Well-Known Member

10,500 Messages
    13,952 Likes Received
    Only if you believe Jason Garrett is equal to Andy Reid.

I don't.

Brady didn't win all those SB's by himself. Mahommes didn't win it alone either.

Put Mahommes on the Cowboys last season and we were not winning the superbowl...... not even close.

Hennessy_King likes this.
  11. TexasHillbilly

TexasHillbilly Well-Known Member

1,970 Messages
    1,664 Likes Received
    Ain't it the truth.

12. CowboysRule

CowboysRule Well-Known Member

1,163 Messages
    2,304 Likes Received
    Garrett is not equal to Andy Reid. But Garrett is not the one out there throwing passes. Hell, he wasn't even calling the plays. It's not like we are a super power only being held back by him. We are a pretty good team just lacking a few players at key positions (QB being one).

13. Whyjerry

Whyjerry Well-Known Member

7,839 Messages
    12,700 Likes Received
    Does KC have a $90 million dollar RB, a $100 million dollar 5 sack DE and a $66 million dollar sun glasses salesman? I forget.

catiii and aria like this.
  14. HanD

HanD Well-Known Member

2,064 Messages
    1,450 Likes Received
    that's not exactly true. look at this deadcap figures after 2023. if they cut him before the 3rd day of the new league year starting in 2025, there is zero dead cap.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/patrick-mahomes-21751/

15. superonyx

superonyx Well-Known Member

10,500 Messages
    13,952 Likes Received
    Wait.. so we are being held back because our QB was only able to throw for 4,900 yards, 30 Td's and only 11 ints with a QB rating of 99.7?

It's not like we are a super power only being held back by a QB who put up the productivity numbers listed above either.

Lose the agenda and be realistic here. Dak isnt Mahommes. No one is..... But if you can't win with a QB throwing for 5k yards, 30 tds and a rating of 99.7 then the problem is clearly bigger than any position.

johneric8, Proof and Runwildboys like this.
  16. PhillyCowboysFan

PhillyCowboysFan Well-Known Member

3,028 Messages
    3,334 Likes Received
    Everybody on this thread and others making comments like they have seen the offers and counter offers being presented in the Dak negotiations. All we hear is assumptions from so-called insiders, NO BODY KNOWS! So to make comments while being so uninformed is ridicules.

But so I’ll play along.....Let’s say Dak is asking for 40m which I haven’t heard any assumptions that high but even so, and Mahomes is averaging 45m, just how the hell is Mahomes contract team friendly and Dak’s isn’t?

17. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

12,859 Messages
    5,830 Likes Received
    No he did not - do you work for CNN?

Vandyr and Vtwin like this.
  18. DeaconMoss

DeaconMoss Well-Known Member

3,953 Messages
    3,107 Likes Received
    Daks deal should be. 4 years 100 million. All guaranteed. That would make him on par with PM guarantees $$

19. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

24,335 Messages
    41,665 Likes Received
    LMAO, and what is Mahomes getting paid?

Did the Chiefs make a DE the highest paid at his position? How about a RB? WR? Hill is a better WR than Cooper and makes less.

The Chiefs are a hell of a lot better at cap management and also better at surrounding this QB with talent, they did it with Alex Smith.

Mahomes deal has absolutely nothing to do with Prescott's. However, a QB with the richest contract in history talking about leaving money on the table is laughable. If he continues on the path he is on now, he will get another largest contract ever within 5 years.

20. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

18,676 Messages
    19,373 Likes Received
    Maybe this pushes both sides to get a deal done. 37-37 per year is less than mahomes got. Problem is that mahomes was a huge extension. He got a lot of money but things can be moved around or restructured. Daks is a flat out contract and the pay is the pay. See if maybe he will do a all guaranteed contract or something. But I think they will sit down one more time. Maybe they already have.