Explain your handle

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
SacredStar said:
Mine goes back to Terrell Owens disrespecting the star after his TD.George Teague plowed him down, and afterward stated that the star was "sacred".That star is sacred to me.

Fifty Stars are sacred to me.;)

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
My last name is Yeager and I'm part German also it has nothing to do with the drink :D

Thought you'd like to know that iff you don't smoke cigars ...someone else has your sig;)

Yeagermeister

DallasKnight

Reaction score
I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan, hence the Dallas. The Knight part is another hobby of mine. Medieval reenactment, a full-contact martial art called the Society for a Creative Anachronism. www.SCA.org if you are interested.

http://www.purpleermine.com/gallery/

Pics if you are interested too. I'm in several of them. White and red stripes with a white hand on a black background as my device on my shield, and I usually wear black and red. Been involved with it for 16 years now, and I've been teaching it for 12 of them.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Mine is simple enough....

I live in Dayton, OHIO.. and I am a Cowboy fan..

LOL.. and Dayton_Cowboy_Fan was just too darn long to type out... I'm a lazy typist :eek:

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
DallasKnight said:
I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan, hence the Dallas. The Knight part is another hobby of mine. Medieval reenactment, a full-contact martial art called the Society for a Creative Anachronism. www.SCA.org if you are interested.

http://www.purpleermine.com/gallery/

Pics if you are interested too. I'm in several of them. White and red stripes with a white hand on a black background as my device on my shield, and I usually wear black and red. Been involved with it for 16 years now, and I've been teaching it for 12 of them.

Do you only do your re-inactments in Texas? There is a festival in the area between Dayton and Cincinnati that happens late in the summer.

Gatorgirl

Reaction score
miamicowboy21 said:
We'll im a diehard boys fan from miami. plenty of us down here trust me. The number 21 was random, i guess im on the julius jones bandwagon. Should have gone with deuce deuce. Emmitt and irvin were always my favorites. Been following emmitt since his days as a gator. Just like gatorgirl, im a diehard gators fan as well.

go cowboys!!!!!

Awwwwwwwwwwww... :D

boss man

Reaction score
Mine is a carry-over from work. I was a Hub manager at FedEx back in the 80's and early 90's. Pretty vocal and demanding. One of my lead people started calling me "boss man" and now nearly everyone calls me that.

For those that surf other boards, I use that screen name everywhere.

CFan_53

Reaction score
Mine is due to the fact that my favorite teams began with C...... Dallas Cowboys, Louisville Cardinals and the Chicago Cubs.
I was born in 1953.
I have been a Cowboys fan since the beginning 1960, a Cubs fan since 1965 and a Cardinal fan since 1968.
I am confident this year that the Cowboys will win the East and the Cards will win the Big East. Cubs is wait until next year.......as always.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
Mine stems from my location, (Canada) which most of you think is frozen year round and my name. We Canucks like to be quietly obvious. :D

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
CFan_53 said:
Mine is due to the fact that my favorite teams began with C...... Dallas Cowboys, Louisville Cardinals and the Chicago Cubs.
I was born in 1953.
I have been a Cowboys fan since the beginning 1960, a Cubs fan since 1965 and a Cardinal fan since 1968.
I am confident this year that the Cowboys will win the East and the Cards will win the Big East. Cubs is wait until next year.......as always.

Hey, chin up...look the RedSox won last year...anything is possible. :D

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Dale said:
I started posting online when I was about 14, back on the old TSN forum. I didn't want to use my real name, and was planning on making only one or two posts so I didn't care for coming up with a creative or elaborate name. ESPN was doing some story on Dale Carter at the time I was posting, so I just went with Dale.

I was unable to live up to my one-or-two post plan, and just stuck with the name.

And look at how far you've come in three short years. :D

We're all proud of ya.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
My handle comes from a few years back when I was playing fantasy football. My team's name was the "Sidden-Nancy Pistols". It was a reference to the Sex Pistols, Sid Vicious (the bass player) and his girlfriend Nancy Spungeon (whom he murdered). Get it? "Sid-and-Nancy Pistols"?

Anyway, I went by Pistol Dave for the longest time until I got into an argument with another guy who posted frequently on an older Cowboys board (and who was often banned for being a jerk). I pretty much blasted the guy for being such an idiot, and another poster claimed I had given the guy "both barrels". He suggested I was really "Shotgun Dave".

And there you have it.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Shotgun Dave said:
My handle comes from a few years back when I was playing fantasy football. My team's name was the "Sidden-Nancy Pistols". It was a reference to the Sex Pistols, Sid Vicious (the bass player) and his girlfriend Nancy Spungeon (whom he murdered). Get it? "Sid-and-Nancy Pistols"?

Anyway, I went by Pistol Dave for the longest time until I got into an argument with another guy who posted frequently on an older Cowboys board (and who was often banned for being a jerk). I pretty much blasted the guy for being such an idiot, and another poster claimed I had given the guy "both barrels". He suggested I was really "Shotgun Dave".

And there you have it.

Oh so you know Banned_In_Austin :D

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Once upon a time, there was this really fast guy who .....

Forget it. If you don't know, you're too young.

:D

DallasKnight

Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy said:
Do you only do your re-inactments in Texas? There is a festival in the area between Dayton and Cincinnati that happens late in the summer.

The SCA is world-wide and I'd bet you just about anything that at least 50% of the folks at that fair are registered members of the SCA. I do my reenactments in Texas and Oklahoma mostly, with forays into Mississippi once a year for a War with people from there and Florida. People do this all over the world.

ravidubey

Reaction score
jem88 said:
Fair question Ravi. Holt occupies a special place in my heart and he's by far my favourite defender of all time. Irvin is my favourite offensive player of all time. I guess I'd have to call it a tie, with the tie-breaker being that 88 is a cooler number than 30.

Cool stuff either way.