Explain your handle

MadCow

Reaction score
Great thread!

MadCow - short for MAD(den) COW(boy)

Signed up in a Madden forum using this name. Tried to show my allegiance to the Cowboys with props to the video game. I though about playing the game online and using this handle but I quickly deduced that I'm just too old to be talking football trash to a 13 yr old.

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
DanTanna said:
I look and act like DanTanna.
So you're a pretty bad actor huh? Jk.

Mine is a play on words in spanish that roughly translates to "The mean SOB" which seemed to be a very popular opinion about me years back, kind of like Hostile, though I consider mine totally undeserved...

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
GTaylor = First initial, last name. What can I say? I'm a simple-minded fool

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...cut and dried, but talking to my elderly mother a few months ago I found out I was not born with that name.

So I guess for the last forty years I've been using an alias. So in homage to the younger generation and as a take the signature given by Hostile I will hence now be known as "Maple Grief".

Sounds menacing doesn't it?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Many of the locals refer to Albuquerque as ABQ.

I've been a Cowboy fan my whole life.

ABQCOWBOY

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MadCow said:
Great thread!

MadCow - short for MAD(den) COW(boy)

Signed up in a Madden forum using this name. Tried to show my allegiance to the Cowboys with props to the video game. I though about playing the game online and using this handle but I quickly deduced that I'm just too old to be talking football trash to a 13 yr old.
Honestly, I thought it had something to do with the mad cow disease... :p:

Who knew??:eek::

FolsomCowboy

Reaction score
Mine is

pb - My initials, and my "original Internet moniker in 93" but its usually too short or taken for most boards

thal - the first part of my fiancee's name

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
pbthal said:
But isnt your avatar an Asia album cover

Couple of the guys from YES formed Asia. The drummer and Guitarist....I think.

My handle used to be "that's6" for whenever they scored a touchdown that's what i'd holler to my brother. I'd get right in his face and holler it standing in the traditional referee stance, arms straight up and all... "count 'em....that's 6 baby!!"A thing of beauty. Pittsburgh fan he was.
Also my AV has a picture of my son who was for some strange reason doing the touchdown signal while standing on some boulders. I didn't ask him to. Somehow my account got screwed up and 6 wouldn't work so I had to go with 7. Can I fix that?

FolsomCowboy

Reaction score
thats7 said:
Couple of the guys from YES formed Asia. The drummer and Guitarist....I think.

Steve Howe of Yes guitar
Geoff Downes of Buggles and Yes (1 album Drama) Keyboards
Carl Palmer of ELP Drums
John Wetton of UK,King Crimson, Uriah Heep Vocals and Bass

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Mine is a tribute to Chuck Howley, ... one great Cowboy that went to West Virginia University. - - WVCowboy

Howley is one reason I became a Cowboys fan.
I loved watching him play for WVU when I was small, then I met him when he played for WVU(shook his hand was all), and then I saw him on TV playing for the Cowboys.

I loved him and the Blue Star, ... the rest is history. :strongarm:

Thank you Chuck !!

TX_Yid

Reaction score
Me, TX_YID:

TX as I live here in Dallas TX

YID as I am a life long Tottenham Hotspur fan (English soccer). Tottenham historically has links to London's Jewish community and as a result of this most Tottenham fans affectionately refer to themselves as YIDDO's or YID's, even though the vast majority (Myself included) are not Jewish at all.

stag hunter

Hater
Reaction score
trickblue said:
Is this the American version of Dirty Sanchez?

Actually the dirty sanchez is completely different from the Hot Carl. The Hot Carl is also known as the Charleston Heater or the Cleveland Steamer, with variations including the Pasadena Mudslide and the Seattle Hotpocket. I won't get graphic but if your curiosity gets the better of you urbandictionary.com has all the definitions for those of you who haven't attended junior high in 10+ years and your memory is fading...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
pbthal said:
Steve Howe of Yes guitar
Carl Palmer of ELP Drums

Wow! I am getting old. Carl Palmer listed as drummer for ELP and ASIA rather then Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
pbthal said:
Steve Howe of Yes guitar
Carl Palmer of ELP Drums

Thank-you Helpy Helperton!!
icon12.gif

onetrickpony

Reaction score
See my avatar....

My Mustang from my drag racing days. Built to do one thing, accellerate. Hence the name onetrickpony.

I usually only use it on automotive related forums but my preferred handle on Cowboys' forums was already taken (SixShooter)

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
I love sports and I'm a babe. Some would say I'm a goddess. Sports is my passion. ;)