Explain your handle

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
I have two reasons for the name "Phoenix-Talon."

Reason #1 ...

The general definition of a Phoenix is a bird of paradise that dies and is reborn In the ashes of fire --the Phoenix is an Eagle-like bird.

As most of your learned fans already know, the Phoenix was indigenous to Egypt, appearing (according to the accounts of the people of Heliopolis) once in five hundred years. The Phoenix appeared in Egypt and furnished the most learned men of that country and of Greece with abundant matter for the discussion of the marvelous phenomenon.

Reason #2 ...

That's what Janet likes to call me :)

Janet_Jackson_009.jpg

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
I have two reasons for the name "Phoenix-Talon."

Reason #1 ...

The general definition of a Phoenix is a bird of paradise that dies and is reborn In the ashes of fire --the Phoenix is an Eagle-like bird.

As most of your learned fans already know, the Phoenix was indigenous to Egypt, appearing (according to the accounts of the people of Heliopolis) once in five hundred years. The Phoenix appeared in Egypt and furnished the most learned men of that country and of Greece with abundant matter for the discussion of the marvelous phenomenon.

Reason #2 ...

That's what Janet likes to call me :)

Janet_Jackson_009.jpg
but she calls me big daddy :D

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
but she calls me big daddy :D
She doesn't call me anything, she just elbows me in the side to wake me and says please.

Just kidding, just kidding, I am a happily married man, but I thought that was funny.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Clint and the spaghetti westerns.

'nuff said....

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
She doesn't call me anything, she just elbows me in the side to wake me and says please.

Snap! I have the same problem with Liv. :D

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
I'm an outspoken Cowboys fan in Eagle Country, Reading, PA. One of the guys that works out at the gym that I work at refers to me as "Cowboy Dan" everytime he sees me, so that everyone can join in on the constant ragging of my team. Hence the name.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Cool, we get one of these threads about once a year, nice to hear from some of the newer members.

Skaven is from the Warhammer universe - they are a race of half-rat, half-man sinister creatures who stalk the underworld. I'm born in the year of the rat (1972) and always liked the 'lil creatures, so I adopted the name.

Yeah, it's strange, get over it. :)

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I live in Kihei, Maui - and am from New Zealand,Many moons ago. Hence-Kiheikiwi.

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
Mine is easy TX for my favorite place Texas and Cowboy is for the Dallas
Cowboys hence the name TX Cowboy

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
TX Cowboy said:
Mine is easy TX for my favorite place Texas and Cowboy is for the Dallas Cowboys hence the name TX Cowboy

Interesting that you have reflections of the Eagles in your Avatar and again In your Sig picture. At a glance, I'd have thought your id was ... PA Eagle :)

It's not too late to change ...:D

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
TX Cowboy said:

Funny avatar... :D

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
I have nothing but hate for the E-Girls in my avatar and sig so I don't need
to change because the E-Girls have nothing I want

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
TX Cowboy said:

I see that your in Newington CT tho.

One day I hope to stop in Newington rather than just passing on by. Isn't that were you pick up your checks for hitting the lotto ?