FEATURED FA agent thread

Turk

Reaction score
So, what it sounds like you are saying here is that:

A) We need Anti Diarretics

or

B) We need to find a good short relief pitcher

:laugh:
how about a short fireplug kind of guy? like 6 foot and about 350?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
how about a short fireplug kind of guy? like 6 foot and about 350?

Depends, how many pitches does he command and how healthy is his arm? Also, can he cook up some hella good brand recipes?

Carson

Reaction score
We are 19 million over the cap, unless they create more room we aren't signing any free agents who are good. They will keep the status quo and look at 3rd tier guys who can't find good paying gigs, maybe ones with injury history or long shots to make an impact.
???

We restructured Smith, Martin and Collins and now are positive $18 million in cap. Not to mention if we redo Coop and Lawrence we could be at 40+

blueblood70

Reaction score
this just in KC just got both starting tackles shwrats and fisher..guess Mahomes money is starting to squeeze them,..oops

Xavier187

Reaction score
I wouldn't bring in a LB I would get one in the Draft. Unless Wright is cheap.
Dt I would consider depends on who.
Olineman depends on who.
Maybe a FA CB and S.
But draft it will all fall on who is at pick 10.

I would even consider and Micheal Gallup Trade. Maybe bring in Emmanuel Sanders. To help mentor Lamb and another Rookie.

But pick 10 is where boys become men.
You move back and get another 2nd rounder regardless and see who falls to your trade back pick.

We need 2CBs a S a LB then DT and OL
That's how this draft should flow.

DanA

Reaction score
Sherman and Hooker would be nice gets IMO as long as it wasn't too expensive. But I think in an ideal world we’d line up as folllows:
LCB: Sherman
RCB: Diggs
SCB: Brown
SS: Wilson
FS: Grant (2nd round)

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Kazee tore his achilles, so that could be a big red flag.

Dupree is enticing, but he really doesnt give us anything we dont already have. If we are gonna pay an outside edge rusher, Id rather it be Reddick who can play LB

I forgot about that with Kazee. Not a lot of safety options at FA. One drawback that I realised about Dupree is also the fact that he's a UDFA, meaning that, if Aldon Smith goes elsewhere, we would lose our comp pick for him if we sign Dupree. So, I'd rather actually look at who was released and sign those players. There's no loss of comp picks for them.

Carson

Reaction score
Exactly. Why do we have to choose over the hill dbs that we have to pay way too much money for?

I agree.......

I think it’s more of a bridge. It’s probably a lot asking two rookies to come in and be ready to play the season opener.

People tend to forget, Diggs will be in his second year and Wilson in his 3rd year (one as a starter). So there isn’t the veteran guy to teach the ins and outs. Going to be a lot of trial by fire if we go this route. We have Brown but he’s been very inconsistent

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think it’s more of a bridge. It’s probably a lot asking two rookies to come in and be ready to play the season opener.

People tend to forget, Diggs will be in his second year and Wilson in his 3rd year (one as a starter). So there isn’t the veteran guy to teach the ins and outs. Going to be a lot of trial by fire if we go this route

Even if what you suggest is true, it still means that you have to go out and find young DBs, unless you believe that we already have those guys. i don't believe that. But lets say your take is accurate, which btw I do tend to agree with in general, those guys don't have to be old or expensive or injury prone. You can go out and get a guy who is cheaper and who has experience to pass on. But here's the thing, we had that guy already. We didn't sign him and instead, allowed him to walk.

What I think I see with this fanbase is a willingness to always want a name guy. Not all fans but lots. What do I mean by this? Well, for example, Jeff Heath. That guy was a vet who had enough years and experience starting that he understood the game. He could have been that guy for us at Safety. Was he an All Pro Safety? No, he was not that but he was at least as good as anybody we currently have IMO. Heath signed a 2 year, 6 mil deal with the Raiders. I doubt we are going to find a Vet guy who can actually play, any cheaper then that, to be honest. On the other side, you had Jones, who was going to be very expensive but who was also a quality CB. The issue with him were turnovers but as far as playing Corner, he pretty good. Better then what we currently have. We allowed him to leave. I get it, cap worries but the fan base, they were happy to see him go. Now, a lot of people are talking about using a 1st to take a CB in this draft. Why? We did that with Jones and turned around a just let him walk. Didn't trade him, didn't tag him, didn't really get anything of value for him. We simply allowed him to walk away. I just think we need to get our crap together before we start thinking about signing big ticket players or Drafting high in our secondary. I'm frankly disgusted with how the team has handled our secondary over the last several years. In fact, I'd go so far as to say this includes the entire defense really.

I just feel like our team has head their collective heads up their you know whats, in this area. Just hard to watch.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Resign Chidobe Awuzie on a cheap, team friendly 2 year deal but move him to Free Safety. We could use his experience, decent size and speed to cover deep at Center Field. It would give the Cowboys 2 years to groom a rookie FS draft pick.

jnday

Reaction score
Man, they never stop. I picture all of them like Milton from Office Space, but instead of rambling on to themselves about a stapler, they're continuously rambling about Dak and his contract.

SourMindlessFurseal-size_restricted.gif
Anti-Dakers, such as myself, have four years in front of us to make snarky remarks about Dak and his contract. It will really be entertaining to comment on the $40 million QB leading the team to 8-8 seasons.

garyv

Reaction score
I'm hoping this FA period, the Jones boys are consulting with new DC Dan Quinn on which groceries to buy. If they take his advice to heart they will be steered in the right direction. I can't wait until Cowboys fans fall in love with that guy. He is a great hire.

Jerry is shopping at Walmart and Quinn drove over to Tom Thumb

jnday

Reaction score
Exactly. Why do we have to choose over the hill dbs that we have to pay way too much money for?

I agree.......
Another annoying topic is the constant questions about over-the-hill CBs being converted to playing safety. Why not draft a good, young SAFETY that knows the position and how to play the position instead hoping that a CB can transition to safety successfully?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Thomas and Kamara will help them compete. But the QB situation and defense will be bad
yet thomas had 0 tds last year and dak had one receiving tds in less games..odd stat LOL

for that cap hit Thomas needed to do far more..

blueblood70

Reaction score
just a little over a year ago everyone was talking about how big the cap was going to get.

Gee that did not happen did it?

Only a true moron would count on huge increases now.
it was a covid shorted cap it is and will get huge in 2022-2024 window with new Tv deals coming..thats fact..this season will be an anomaly..