FEATURED FA agent thread

jnday

Reaction score
Resign Chidobe Awuzie on a cheap, team friendly 2 year deal but move him to Free Safety. We could use his experience, decent size and speed to cover deep at Center Field. It would give the Cowboys 2 years to groom a rookie FS draft pick.
Why move him to safety? IMO, it would be much better to draft or sign a natural safety instead of trying to convert CBS.

Rayman70

Reaction score
just 1 guy. Patrick Peterson. He has the ability to start at safety and has the flex to start at corner, altho I dont think he's a full time starter at cb these days. Signing Peterson would help us immensely day 1. The draft is where we could build the secondary around him.Diggs,Wilson, Canandy...A secondary of Diggs, SURTAIN,Canady at slot cb , Wilson at Strong safety, Peterson at Free safety. That would be a formidable back end I think.

UncleRico

Reaction score
I'm going Keanu Neal (S) and Richard Sherman (CB).....both have played in Quinn's system.

Side note: I'm still drafting CB and S within the first three rounds

Sherman at CB and switch Peterson to S if at all possible. Yes they are on the downside of their careers but the leadership and mentality they would bring would help tremendously especially with the young unproven guys back there. Diggs would immediately become better learning from them. I say we sell out to win one in the next 2/3 years.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Desmond King has special teams capabilities too..if we cant get Peterson, gimme King. He's a good player.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Another annoying topic is the constant questions about over-the-hill CBs being converted to playing safety. Why not draft a good, young SAFETY that knows the position and how to play the position instead hoping that a CB can transition to safety successfully?

Well, I feel like the same reasoning behind why you don't draft Guards out of College, to play Guard in the NFL, is kind of the same. The NFL believes that Tackles are better athletes and can always be converted to Guard in the NFL. Not saying I agree with this, I just think the reasoning is the same. There is also the value prospect involved IMO. The thought process here is that good Safeties are like Gold in the draft. If you have a really highly rated Safety, that guy typically goes very high in the draft. They are almost pushed up because of the value placed on the position and how the passing game has become overly dominant in the game. So it kinda of creates this effect with DBs in general, but everybody knows that the more athletic DBs are usually playing CB. So that's not always the case but in general, it is. The NFL looks at that and says, cheaper in money and picks to just move CBs to Safety and gamble there. I mean, there is a lot of example where these conversions worked so this kinda drives things IMO.

So, lots of words used to simply say, I don't know why they do that either........

Turk

Reaction score
it was a covid shorted cap it is and will get huge in 2022-2024 window with new Tv deals coming..thats fact..this season will be an anomaly..
maybe. maybe not. all the TV contracts have an out for the networks if ratings fall badly. Also TV revenue is steadily falling. the money is going to streaming and anything internet.
The networks might not have the money to pay off.

https://www.marketingcharts.com/advertising-trends-114887

Rayman70

Reaction score
man..if we could sign Peterson, Desmond King then draft Surtain and Grant. We suddenly turn a area of woeful weakness to an area of quality and depth.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Peterson please. Thats all I want. We can draft around him, build around him. Hes like a coach out there on the field.

blueblood70

Reaction score
lmao YIKES. we like our guys still?
one never knows i was joking but with daks new deal the low cap for 2021 we might be forced to move back in with our parents whether we like it or not :) i hope some of those available vets who want to play for Quinn again and see our offense as great and want to help the defense for less then they can demand. Who knows, with a flooded market, maybe we get lucky..

Rayman70

Reaction score
would really like to shorten Stephen
like this?
1391b6cbc2f9ac196bc5b4ab5e656307.jpg