FEATURED FA agent thread

blueblood70

Reaction score

wow the QB market purges have begone. pay your qb elite money take his toys away..watson and Wilson will appreciate this, dak better get sb this season because our purges will come soon enough..:))

btw do you find it strange the Chiefs would cut 3 of Mahomes protectors when i thought the narrative the trenches are the priority first and why did they not simply cut a WR/TE or skill player with fat deal?

seems like mistakes if the new OL they bring in has Mahomes feeling the way Watson and Wilson are ie on the run a LOT..

protecting your investment at qb seems like you know these elite guys can make sub par talent at skill positions better, why cut OL?

Last edited:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I think it’s more of a bridge. It’s probably a lot asking two rookies to come in and be ready to play the season opener.

People tend to forget, Diggs will be in his second year and Wilson in his 3rd year (one as a starter). So there isn’t the veteran guy to teach the ins and outs. Going to be a lot of trial by fire if we go this route. We have Brown but he’s been very inconsistent
Its frustrating reading people thinking you can have a secondary with a bunch of rookies and second year guys. When seattle became contenders kam and earl were 4 year vets, browner like 8 years in and Sherman was a 3 year vet. I dont know where this all rookie secondary dream comes from for some fans. If you like Grant then we need a vet cb. If you like Surtain then we need a vet safety. You cant have both and expect cohesion back there

Carson

Reaction score
Its frustrating reading people thinking you can have a secondary with a bunch of rookies and second year guys. When seattle became contenders kam and earl were 4 year vets, browner like 8 years in and Sherman was a 3 year vet. I dont know where this all rookie secondary dream comes from for some fans. If you like Grant then we need a vet cb. If you like Surtain then we need a vet safety. You cant have both and expect cohesion back there

My thoughts exactly.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The chiefs picked a great year actually to build an oline thru the draft cheaply. Its deep at oline. I bet they try to jump up to get Sewell or Slater.
didnt look deep in the SB so umm a bit premature

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Cowboys did it in the 90s with:
(1992)
Kevin Smith R
Larry Brown 2

Combo of Ray Horton 10, Thomas Everett 6, James Washington 5, and Darren Woodson R at safety

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm going Keanu Neal (S) and Richard Sherman (CB).....both have played in Quinn's system.

Side note: I'm still drafting CB and S within the first three rounds

With Quinn as DC, the stars are finally aligned for ET to come here.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Cowboys did it in the 90s with:
(1992)
Kevin Smith R
Larry Brown 2

Combo of Ray Horton 10, Thomas Everett 6, James Washington 5, and Darren Woodson R at safety
Darren didn't start so its not really similiar at all. Diggs, wilson, Surtain and grant arent doing anything this year or probably next year. We need a vet. Not a 32 year old necessarily but someone established

Swagger

Reaction score
I'm going Keanu Neal (S) and Richard Sherman (CB).....both have played in Quinn's system.

Side note: I'm still drafting CB and S within the first three rounds

Patrick Peterson (CB) and Keanu Neal (S) agree with you on him for the reason you state.

Let's make a splash. Definitely NOT Kevin King jeewhizz

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I want Keanu Neal at safety and a CB in the draft. If Richard Sherman or Patrick Peterson want to sign relatively cheap, go for one of them. Otherwise they can bring in a rookie behind Trevon Diggs, Anthony Brown, and Maurice Canady and hopefully he ends up starting like Diggs did in 2020. That puts Brown in the slot where be belongs in my opinion.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
100% ....actually that's what I'm expecting but we need a starter at both positions.
Reggie Robinson getting moved from Safety to CB will be one of the starting CBs. I think they draft another good CB and bring in a veteran FA Saftey.