FEATURED FA agent thread

jnday

Reaction score
Your right.
Just curious did you like Eric Williams? I liked him mostly because he was a great player, but I also liked his attitude.
Dallas fans like dirty players as long as they are being dirty for us instead of against us.

The Natural

Reaction score
CBs definitely need a solid veteran to learn from. And not freakin Awuzie.

ESisback

Reaction score
i was talking a bit premature to cut 3 f 5 starters from SB team and we saw what happened with many elite qbs who got their OL messed with and they pick 31st in every round.... Wilson wants out, Watson wants out,,now Mahomes gets paid and they want to go rebuild on that many postions..im saying no one in the draft ois LOCK,,.i dont care how deep it is..if i was KC i would cut a TE or WR not 3 OL..Point trenches are important and draft picks are high risk. Maybe read back further to my actual point ..who cares how deep draft is , thats not a guarantee any of them work out..

ive seen Heisman trophy winner and super star players come from college to the nfl and fall on their faces..that happens more then them becoming good..

I like how hypocritical this place is,

if we dont tank to get into top 5 we are doomed because at 10 in each round, we can find a player LOL OMG we didnt get the 15th pick one year over the last game win and pick 17th this place acts as if an apocalypses just went down but team cuts 3 starting OL and pick 31st in every round and this place says oh no problem they got this..:p)):laugh::rolleyes::eek:

I agree on your three OL thing, but each case is different. With KC, the one OT got what looks to be a career-altering injury, and the other guy only played five or six games at a lower skill level. I’d bet the Chiefs go heavy on OL in the draft/FA.

Carson

Reaction score
heres a novel idea..PLEASE DRAFT A PURE TRUE SAFETY! lol...Draft a couple decent tackles. Draft a true MLB like KJ Britt. We have to get back to being a physical team on defense and we gotta sure up the oline.

In my perfect scenario (which is wrong and different than everybody else), I would love the following

- Sign Nicolas Morrow (still draft a few LBs)
- Sign Malik Hooker (still draft a ballhawk)
- Trade for Malcolm Brown (still drafting a DT after round 2)
- Sign Jason Verrett (still drafting a CB early)

I want us to fill all of the four glaring holes on defense. I’m not player specific there, just feel those players are cheaper and can all be had for under $20 million and doesn’t force a rookie into significant snaps if not ready

stilltheguru

Reaction score
You have a point about experience being important, but signing a bunch of old, slow DBs is not going to help much either. Dallas can’t afford a FA signing of a good DB in their prime, but we can still dream about one.
I dont want old and slow. I want Rayshawn Jenkins. Hes 26

blueblood70

Reaction score
I agree on your three OL thing, but each case is different. With KC, the one OT got what looks to be a career-altering injury, and the other guy only played five or six games at a lower skill level. I’d bet the Chiefs go heavy on OL in the draft/FA.
if this was us the rapid wolves would be circling and calling for 2-14 season of doom and gloom, its them its PASS..whatever it will influence the outcome of their 2021 season, book it..look at whats happened to Wilson and Watson OL was the biggest issue, what happened to Dak and dalton last season um guess what OL they arent plug and okay and need to gel and work as unit not as one player like WR or RB etc

they lost the SB because they couldn't block TBs DL.. now they change 3 positions. Stand by for a struggle unless they hit on that..

LittleD

Reaction score
I'm going Keanu Neal (S) and Richard Sherman (CB).....both have played in Quinn's system.

Side note: I'm still drafting CB and S within the first three rounds

Just remember, Stephen will look in the bargain bin for players. That means he will only buy when the Kmart Blue Light starts blinking in the second or third week
of FA.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm going Keanu Neal (S) and Richard Sherman (CB).....both have played in Quinn's system.

Side note: I'm still drafting CB and S within the first three rounds

I wouldn't sign sherman, he is oldeer, towards the end of his career and we are way too many players away from being a good defense. he might be a one year good signing, but not a 2-3 year solution.

Neal was 33rd ranked saftey in the league. is he better than woods? yes. but how much better and how much will he cost.

I rather sign zero FAs this year and just go draft and see what we got.

ESisback

Reaction score
if this was us the rapid wolves would be circling and calling for 2-14 season of doom and gloom, its them its PASS..whatever it will influence the outcome of their 2021 season, book it..look at whats happened to Wilson and Watson OL was the biggest issue, what happened to Dak and dalton last season um guess what OL they arent plug and okay and need to gel and work as unit not as one player like WR or RB etc

they lost the SB because they couldn't block TBs DL.. now they change 3 positions. Stand by for a struggle unless they hit on that..

Agreed. The Eeyores would explode! I expect OL will be their focus until TC.

Last edited:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I wouldn't sign sherman, he is oldeer, towards the end of his career and we are way too many players away from being a good defense. he might be a one year good signing, but not a 2-3 year solution.

Neal was 33rd ranked saftey in the league. is he better than woods? yes. but how much better and how much will he cost.

I rather sign zero FAs this year and just go draft and see what we got.

Sherman's on record saying he only wants to play 2 more years .....I see him strictly as a bridge player to my young CB I'm drafting in 1st or 2nd round. Neal's injury issues will make him waaaay cheaper than Woods IMO. In fact, I'm not paying much more than a vet min.

LittleD

Reaction score
Not much cap even after restructuring 3 players. 9+mil to sign up to 10 draft picks. Best players signing 1 or 2 year deals with teams likely to make the playoffs which ain't us.
Dallas is not a sought after destination after 25 years of losing. Just the facts!

LittleD

Reaction score
Sherman's on record saying he only wants to play 2 more years .....I see him strictly as a bridge player to my young CB I'm drafting in 1st or 2nd round. Neal's injury issues will make him waaaay cheaper than Woods IMO. In fact, I'm not paying much more than a vet min.

Sherman & Peterson will only sign deals with teams likely to make a run to a SB which ain't us.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Sherman & Peterson will only sign deals with teams likely to make a run to a SB which ain't us.

Little D I'm not sure about that.........these are old vets just a hair from being PUSHED out of the league. Doubt either will have s bunch of teams ringing their phones IMO.