FEATURED FA agent thread

jrumann59

Reaction score
One year prove it/stay healthy deal. He is a proven, young, play making center fielder. Health has been his only issue.

Injuries are a luck thing but do we need more Sean Lees, a really good player but misses ton of time due to not being able to hold up.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What makes you believe he will stay healthy now? Odds are your backup will have to finish the year so he better be ready.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Stupid paywall.

It's Malik Hooker. He tore his Achilles in September so he would miss all of TC and possibly a few weeks as the season starts.

Colts didn't want him because he can't stay on the field. Tore his ACL and MCL his rookie year and never quite looked like a Top 15 pick.

Achilles is probably the worst injury you can imagine for someone in the secondary having to backpedal. He'll have to take a one year deal somewhere but I just don't see pinning any hopes on him to be any better than Woods honestly.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Man there's sure a lot of Malik Hooker posts......I'm a little shocked with his injury history.........I'd take him but the league is starved for guys with his skillset.......I don't think he's going to be as cheap as people predict. Then its going to come down to do you risk that money for a injured player?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Stupid paywall.

It's Malik Hooker. He tore his Achilles in September so he would miss all of TC and possibly a few weeks as the season starts.

Colts didn't want him because he can't stay on the field. Tore his ACL and MCL his rookie year and never quite looked like a Top 15 pick.

Achilles is probably the worst injury you can imagine for someone in the secondary having to backpedal. He'll have to take a one year deal somewhere but I just don't see pinning any hopes on him to be any better than Woods honestly.
As much as it sucks to hear.....this is true. Chances are he will either get hurt or be a average safety.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If he signs a one year prove it deal and plays well, we are back in the same boat next year because we can't pay him moving ahead

Drafting one high this year is the best overall option.

But....my gut still tells me that old habits die hard and Woods will be back at what the team thinks is a bargain.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Man there's sure a lot of Malik Hooker posts......I'm a little shocked with his injury history.........I'd take him but the league is starved for guys with his skillset.......I don't think he's going to be as cheap as people predict. Then its going to come down to do you risk that money for a injured player?
Desperate people do desperate things.

Every offseason we ignore or go cheap at safety, and every year its problem when the games start.

People are starved for any possible solution.

I'm ready to take Moehrig at 10. Thats the point I'm at with it.

Reaction score
If he signs a one year prove it deal and plays well, we are back in the same boat next year because we can't pay him moving ahead

Drafting one high this year is the best overall option.

But....my gut still tells me that old habits die hard and Woods will be back at what the team thinks is a bargain.
I definitely want us to draft one. But we need a bridge. And I don’t want it to be Woods.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

Jerry Jones: "You rang?"

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We have a FA thread already. What's so hard about keeping the discussion there?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Depending on his market I would be all for it. You get him on a cheap 1 year deal you can still use a 2nd/3rd round pick on a young guy. Hooker/woods/rookie wouldn’t be any worse than last year.

visionary

Reaction score
Why do Cowboy fans make stupid posts and refuse to pay attention?

Hooker would be a horrible choice but that’s exactly the kind of player this FO will sign to appease fans and then when he gets hurt 2 games in and misses the season they will say, well, it’s not our fault, we tried

:facepalm::facepalm:

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Sherman's on record saying he only wants to play 2 more years .....I see him strictly as a bridge player to my young CB I'm drafting in 1st or 2nd round. Neal's injury issues will make him waaaay cheaper than Woods IMO. In fact, I'm not paying much more than a vet min.

Sherman would be good. Bring a little attitude to our DB room, teach the young guys the Quinn system, and make it so we don't have to draft a CB at 10.

Carson

Reaction score
Depending on his market I would be all for it. You get him on a cheap 1 year deal you can still use a 2nd/3rd round pick on a young guy. Hooker/woods/rookie wouldn’t be any worse than last year.

This is my thoughts as well.

Sign Hooker, draft Grant / Moehrig etc

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
So, you're on a 2 yr window here

NO WAY can he perform this year with a September Achilles

Sounds like Jaylon pick IMO

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Why do Cowboy fans make stupid posts and refuse to pay attention?

Hooker would be a horrible choice but that’s exactly the kind of player this FO will sign to appease fans and then when he gets hurt 2 games in and misses the season they will say, well, it’s not our fault, we tried

:facepalm::facepalm:
Then the dudes in favor of the signing will blame Jerry lol