FEATURED FA agent thread

phildadon86

Reaction score
just a little over a year ago everyone was talking about how big the cap was going to get.

Gee that did not happen did it?

Only a true moron would count on huge increases now.
Only a true moron uses a year when a pandemic was rampant to discredit the cap going up lol. Wow.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Desperate people do desperate things.

Every offseason we ignore or go cheap at safety, and every year its problem when the games start.

People are starved for any possible solution.

I'm ready to take Moehrig at 10. Thats the point I'm at with it.
You're right. I think regardless of what we do we are going to have to address it in the draft and free agency.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I wouldn't sign sherman, he is oldeer, towards the end of his career and we are way too many players away from being a good defense. he might be a one year good signing, but not a 2-3 year solution.

Neal was 33rd ranked saftey in the league. is he better than woods? yes. but how much better and how much will he cost.

I rather sign zero FAs this year and just go draft and see what we got.
33rd based on what?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I would sign him to a 1-2 year deal and draft a S or two this year as well. We need to upgrade the position and invest some resources into it.

Malik is a talented player but we can’t put all our eggs in one basket considering his injury history— but we can also do our due diligence on his medicals and get a good idea on whether he will be able to come back strong.

Turk

Reaction score
Only a true moron uses a year when a pandemic was rampant to discredit the cap going up lol. Wow.
and only a true moron would think things are just going back exactly to where they were.

Now how stupid do you feel?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
One year prove it/stay healthy deal. He is a proven, young, play making center fielder. Health has been his only issue.

I think we need Demontae Kazee. He's young (27 and only going into his fifth year in the league), had multiple productive, healthy seasons (7 interceptions in 2018, three in 2019) before getting hurt last year and played for our defensive coordinator. I believe I read that he has also fully recovered from his injury, so he'll be ready to go.

The question is how much will he cost coming off a year where he only played in four games. He's young enough to be offered a longer-term deal to solidify the free safety position for several years.

Turk

Reaction score
I think we need Demontae Kazee. He's young (27 and only going into his fifth year in the league), had multiple productive, healthy seasons (7 interceptions in 2018, three in 2019) before getting hurt last year and played for our defensive coordinator. I believe I read that he has also fully recovered from his injury, so he'll be ready to go.

The question is how much will he cost coming off a year where he only played in four games.
What was his injury?

A ball hawking Free Safety can do so much for a Defense; but finding one that makes significantly more plays than he gives up ain't easy.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I like Hooker but signing him doesn't change anything else you should do. Hurt guys stay hurt.

phildadon86

Reaction score
and only a true moron would think things are just going back exactly to where they were.

Now how stupid do you feel?
Lol. I feel great knowing that you are so caught up in hating Dak that you actually think the CAP isnt going up ever again in the next 3 years. Even with all the new TV money coming in which our owner sits on the committee of. LOL. How dumb are you?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

The question is how much will he cost coming off a year where he only played in four games. He's young enough to be offered a longer-term deal to solidify the free safety position for several years.
He's not good enough to get a long enough deal where age really matters, I don't think. He really isn't that different than Woods.

Turk

Reaction score
Lol. I feel great knowing that you are so caught up in hating Dak that you actually think the CAP isnt going up ever again in the next 3 years. Even with all the new TV money coming in which our owner sits on the committee of. LOL. How dumb are you?
Well a lot smarter than you because I have sources easy to find that say TV network revenue is going down. Online, streaming, etc is cutting into their market share big time. So do a little research before you confirm to everyone how dumb you are?

The networks have written into their contracts outs if ratings drop; this ain't a contract where they have to pay all that is promised no matter what. A reasonably intelligent person would know that.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I like Hooker but signing him doesn't change anything else you should do. Hurt guys stay hurt.
Bingo. Hooker may very well have to settle for vet min or close to it. Bringing him in doesn’t mean you couldn’t look at another FA S, preferably a SS.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they went after Neal in FA, looked for a bargain bin player with high potential like hooker, and had woods be that guy who can either start or be a Jeff Heath type rotational player between both safety spots. Then grab you a 4/5th round safety project like jerry loves.

gimmesix

Reaction score
What was his injury?

A ball hawking Free Safety can do so much for a Defense; but finding one that makes significantly more plays than he gives up ain't easy.

Torn Achilles' so obviously the main concern would be how he'll bounce back from that. There are ways Dallas can protect themselves within the contract, though, while giving him a decent deal. One of those is keeping the guaranteed money low or having certain parts of it kick in as the contract moves along.

gimmesix

Reaction score
He's not good enough to get a long enough deal where age really matters, I don't think. He really isn't that different than Woods.

Don't agree. He was quite good in 2018 and 2019. He's a clear step up from Woods.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Well a lot smarter than you because I have sources easy to find that say TV network revenue is going down. Online, streaming, etc is cutting into their market share big time. So do a little research before you confirm to everyone how dumb you are?

The networks have written into their contracts outs if ratings drop; this ain't a contract where they have to pay all that is promised no matter what. A reasonably intelligent person would know that.
Right. So you know more than Jerry Jones now? lol. Sure friend. Keep up with the insults. The disney deal alone is going to increase the cap. If there was no pandemic we would have been at 200 million plus. But keep it up. I forgot you work there.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Yep NYC, Bob Sanders comes to mind and Hooker isn't half the player Sanders was.

Signing Hooker isn't winning football, it's cheap business. Go get a Safety w/o all the bull****!

quickccc

Reaction score
knowing we won't even target the bigger name vet FAs like Thomplinson, Rankins, Shaquill Griffin, i complied a list of the likely cheaper stop gap FAs we could come to target
in the area of need.

Defensive Tackle - Ndamukong Suh, Jonathan Hanks, Malcolm Brown (per late rd trade) Jurrell Casey,

Cornerback - Janoris Jenkins, Jason Verett, Troy Hill, Malcolm Butler, Desmond Trufant, Kevin King

Safety - Richard Sherman, Anthony Harris, Desmond King, Damontae Kazee,

Linebackers – “ We like our guys “ ..same ole; Jaylon, LVE, Thomas, Bernard,

Quarterback backups - Dalton, Gilbert, Fitzpatrick, McCoy

Backup OT’s – Cam Irving -though he tends to be injury prone, he played fairly well at LT when he was healthy , .. BTW, and i can see team re-signing 32 yr old Joe Looney