FEATURED FA agent thread

kevm3

Reaction score
Can we please just draft a safety or get one in FA? Why must we always make this so difficult? Enough of the conversions or the late round gems that we try to stuff back there

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
When was the last time Dallas took a guy be it through the draft or free agency and successfully converted him into Safety?

Reaction score
As with any free agent, it depends on the money. He's never done it before, so I'm not committing huge dollars.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
and only a true moron would think things are just going back exactly to where they were.

Now how stupid do you feel?
Many of people who are in the know or think they are in the know seem to think the cap is going up. You're the only person I've seen who doesn't think so.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
When was the last time Dallas took a guy be it through the draft or free agency and successfully converted him into Safety?
They've rarely tried recently. Byron is the only recent one and he did play safety his first couple of years at UConn. Brock Marion was a CB from Nevada, Darren Woodson was a LB at Arizona St, and Ray Horton who was a cb with the Bengals. Landry did it all the time prior to that. But Quinn has done it recently, both Ricardo Allen and Damontae Kazee were converted from CB.

The irony that the question is from someone using the name "honeybadger". He too was a converted CB.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
They've rarely tried recently. Byron is the only recent one and he did play safety his first couple of years at UConn. Brock Marion was a CB from Nevada, Darren Woodson was a LB at Arizona St, and Ray Horton who was a cb with the Bengals. Landry did it all the time prior to that. But Quinn has done it recently, both Ricardo Allen and Damontae Kazee were converted from CB.

The irony that the question is from someone using the name "honeybadger". He too was a converted CB.

So the answer is Darren Woodson. Thanks.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
He had mentioned this as something he is willing to do

Vote in the poll so I know who my enemies are

Lets see now. Corners that start to age and slow down sometimes get converted to safety where they linger for a year or two and then drift off into the sunset because there's still that reason they switched to safety and that is the loss of speed.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Many of people who are in the know or think they are in the know seem to think the cap is going up. You're the only person I've seen who doesn't think so.
So, if TV ratings do continue to drop, how will streaming help? Not arguing, just asking. And, TV ratings started dropping in 2019, before the pandemic I believe, not necessarily because of it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Hooker will get him some Jerry bucks then retire to the training table for the bulk of the year lol..DUMB idea to sign him. DON'T DO IT.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think we need Demontae Kazee. He's young (27 and only going into his fifth year in the league), had multiple productive, healthy seasons (7 interceptions in 2018, three in 2019) before getting hurt last year and played for our defensive coordinator. I believe I read that he has also fully recovered from his injury, so he'll be ready to go.

The question is how much will he cost coming off a year where he only played in four games. He's young enough to be offered a longer-term deal to solidify the free safety position for several years.
Quinn should have first hand insight on Kazee and Neal.

I would lean on and trust his opinion.

Isn't Kazee a converted corner, smaller type?

I'd be very concerned about an Achilles situation w him.

They will probably sign whoever is cheapest anyway lol.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yep NYC, Bob Sanders comes to mind and Hooker isn't half the player Sanders was.

Signing Hooker isn't winning football, it's cheap business. Go get a Safety w/o all the bull****!
Agreed.

The top of the line guys aren't worth the money they get.

The best thing to do is draft Moehrig at 10 and be done with it for five years.

Itll end up like the TFred pick. Criticized for being too high but look like a steal after not so long.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Dallas needs to just bite the freaking bullet and draft a blue chip FS once and for all. Enough with all these defective retreads and hoping they pan out. Usually they don't and FO ends up with egg on their faces. TCU FS is all i want as an early Christmas present. Pair him with Wilson, Diggs and the top CB at #10. We gots ourselves a secondary for now and the future.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dallas needs to just bite the freaking bullet and draft a blue chip FS once and for all. Enough with all these defective retreads and hoping they pan out. Usually they don't and FO ends up with egg on their faces. TCU FS is all i want as an early Christmas present. Pair him with Wilson, Diggs and the top CB at #10. We gots ourselves a secondary for now and the future.
We been dealing with Will McClay specials at safety for almost a decade lol..before that it was even worse with Jerry. Agree, just draft a dang safety!

fivetwos

Reaction score
Not getting Farley or Surtain at 10 and also Moehrig without a trade from 44 to around 16-20, which will cost next years first at least.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I would sign him to a 1-2 year deal and draft a S or two this year as well. We need to upgrade the position and invest some resources into it.

Malik is a talented player but we can’t put all our eggs in one basket considering his injury history— but we can also do our due diligence on his medicals and get a good idea on whether he will be able to come back strong.

Im for doubling up on safety in the draft, too. We’ve got to get a real FS someday if we ever want to have a good defense.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Market is going to be flooded with talent. Hopefully we finally make the move.

Reaction score
I think we need Demontae Kazee. He's young (27 and only going into his fifth year in the league), had multiple productive, healthy seasons (7 interceptions in 2018, three in 2019) before getting hurt last year and played for our defensive coordinator. I believe I read that he has also fully recovered from his injury, so he'll be ready to go.

The question is how much will he cost coming off a year where he only played in four games. He's young enough to be offered a longer-term deal to solidify the free safety position for several years.

ummm...