FEATURED FA agent thread

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
We been dealing with Will McClay specials at safety for almost a decade lol..before that it was even worse with Jerry. Agree, just draft a dang safety!
Stephen specials.
He's the ninny with the tight purse strings.

McClay just lists the availables to him.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Getting back on track, Malcolm Brown certainly fills a need. I'd love to see the Cowboys sign this guy to a reasonable contract.

Corso

Reaction score
You ugly!!!!
U.G.L.Y., you ain't got no alibi you ugly!
You ugly!
You ugly!
What you really need is to wear a mask
And book that plastic surgeon fast
You're scary - you're hairy, I heard about you
You're the main attraction at the city zoo
You're so fat and ugly with a belly full of flab
When you wear a yellow coat people shout out cab

You ugly!

Rayman70

Reaction score
And I'm still sexier than you. :p
right-said-fred-too-sexy-compressor.gif

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I would be happy if Dallas just signed at least two blue chip FA who would actually make an impact this year. DT and LB. Not five who can't even make it through training camp or become insignificant, but signed because they were cheap, defective and available. Like waiting for 2am at the club, not looking good. Haven't they learned yet?

eromeopolk

Reaction score
With some extra money after couple of restructures, Jerry and the Cowboys needs fo go after Ndamukong Suh in FA. He is perfect DT for Quinn’s 4-3 scheme and ability pair with Hill, Gallimore & draft picks.

The best thing about NdamuKONG Suh is he is always AVAILABLE...174 games played and 174 games started. He would be excellent for the young DT. He is his Hollywood name sake...KONG.

The Arlington Jonesboys need to stop getting unavailable (Lee, Crawford, Vander Esch, etc. and unreliable (Irving, Gregory, etc.) players on defense. Availability in the best ability.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Jerry Dumbo GM Jones. No more unavailable players. If you want Hooker, you sign him as a special teams back up player. If not....Pass.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
such a noble team player , too bad todays youth cant do this..Bigben took 5million less, brees and rivers played for way less the last few years..

Most of today's youth are looking for their first big-money deal. Brady, Big Ben, Brees and Rivers have all made their money and are more interested in winning at this point. Their initial big deals were not considered that team-friendly.

LittleD

Reaction score
They currently have around $20 mill in cap space.

If the let some of their older players go they will have some dead cap money to spread. It will take about 9mil to sign their 10 draft picks if they take that many.
They may have 9 or 10mil to spend but, they still have to keep some money for injuries, players they let go and those they acquire after the draft. Not much cap space at all
if they want to sign back 3 or 4 of their players from last year.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Bingo. Hooker may very well have to settle for vet min or close to it. Bringing him in doesn’t mean you couldn’t look at another FA S, preferably a SS.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they went after Neal in FA, looked for a bargain bin player with high potential like hooker, and had woods be that guy who can either start or be a Jeff Heath type rotational player between both safety spots. Then grab you a 4/5th round safety project like jerry loves.

SO, we are bringing in Neal and Hooker, resigning Woods and then grab another in the draft? Way too much investment. We have Wilson who lloks at least like someone that will be around the ball. Sign one good free agent that doesnt have a million red flags and then maybe a 2nd or 3rd on a guy that fits what you like at the position.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If the let some of their older players go they will have some dead cap money to spread. It will take about 9mil to sign their 10 draft picks if they take that many.
They may have 9 or 10mil to spend but, they still have to keep some money for injuries, players they let go and those they acquire after the draft. Not much cap space at all
if they want to sign back 3 or 4 of their players from last year.
Plenty of cap space to sign at least one decent FA and maybe 2. If they let some older players go their dead cap money will be way less than their cap hit.

Corso

Reaction score
Most of today's youth are looking for their first big-money deal. Brady, Big Ben, Brees and Rivers have all made their money and are more interested in winning at this point. Their initial big deals were not considered that team-friendly.
Everyone forgets that Brady didn't do the team a friendly deal at the beginning.
It was his 3rd contract that he started doing favors.
I include his rook contract as the 1st, because peeps need clarification.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well a lot smarter than you because I have sources easy to find that say TV network revenue is going down. Online, streaming, etc is cutting into their market share big time. So do a little research before you confirm to everyone how dumb you are?

The networks have written into their contracts outs if ratings drop; this ain't a contract where they have to pay all that is promised no matter what. A reasonably intelligent person would know that.
I’d like to see those sources.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Sign me up. Worth is based, not just on market value, but also on need.

We need to stop the run.

He can also pass rush, he got 1.5 sacks in the SB. That shows his consistency and the long season grind doesn’t affect him much.