FEATURED FA agent thread

LittleD

Reaction score
Who actually spearheads the Cowboys FA search? Is it Will McClay, with input
from the coordinators and position coaches?

McClay finds the cheapest FA at every position of need and Stephen selects who is likely to take a team friendly deal.

LittleD

Reaction score
Guys, all of your wishes are way too expensive for Stephen. He only wants cheap on a 1 yr deal. Be realistic cause you know I'm right.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You already know that Stephen doesn't shop in those sections of the FA market. They will wait till week two or three of FA. They always do.
This year could be different because of the salary cap and pending huge TV contracts. There’s going to be alot of one year deals for FA’s at below previous years value.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
you are not going to convince me that Dak could have taken 35 and still got al he wanted in the future, he would have been a hero around here as fan base and instead hes added to the list of overpaid player on our team that will be picked apart every snap nd will be considered a failure if he doesnt step up his game..we all know how Dlaw nd Zeke got their money now Dak and Ac and none have done squat yet to earn it..just think if dak came in and said lets do the 35/4 and in the pressor said his agents and others ouch have got 40 but i want the team to succeed..the dude would have been an instant fan favorite, maybe pappy would have change his tune..instead he went for the juggler and took it all not one concession. He missed huge opportunity IMHO and now he will looked at differntly..

Dak made the decsions to not only get all the money lets stop glossing over he has no trade clause, no FT clause, highest ever signing bonus and over the 1st 3 years hes the highest paid NFL PLSAYER IN HISTORY

sure nioce job for the 5-10 ranked QB inthe legue maybe 30th player overall in the legue..im sarcastically clapping for dak, hes rich YEA!!! Garett says hello:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::popcorn:
$22 mil cap hit year 1 and $33 mil cap hit year 2, then eligible for renegotiation.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Makes too much sense. Watch him end up in New York or Philly on a cheap two year, 5 million dollar deal lol

That's what drives me nuts more than not going for the big-name, high priced guys, but ignoring those guys that sign for reasonable ratrs at positions of need, and end up playing solid ball for a rival team.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Who actually spearheads the Cowboys FA search? Is it Will McClay, with input
from the coordinators and position coaches?

I think that's a great question, and no fan knows for sure, but I really think Jerry gives the coordinators a big say. Remember when Ryan became our DC and we invested heavily at CB? We know Rod had way too much influence over defensive personnel, and I think Nolan is the reason we had so many defensive FA busts last year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So, if TV ratings do continue to drop, how will streaming help? Not arguing, just asking. And, TV ratings started dropping in 2019, before the pandemic I believe, not necessarily because of it.

But aren't TV numbers dropping because of on demand and streaming services?