FEATURED FA agent thread

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I was going over free agents and found someone who fits the Will McClay mold:

Michael Davis, CB, Chargers
22277.jpg

You've never heard of him so Will McClay will think it's clever. Undrafted and then cut, he has Will McClay Arena league complex written all over him.

He's tall (6'2") so he automatically qualifies for the Seahawks CB preference that everyone is associating to Dan Quinn.

His PFF grade last year was 63.1. He started 14 game sand has 3 picks last year, 1 he brought back to the house. He played in 92% of available defensive snaps.

His completion percentage against is 60.6% and was targeted 104 times. Some of that is playing opposite Casey Hayward (49.4%), but most of that is QB's liking their chances.

For reference, All-Pro corners (Miami's) Xavien Howard had a completion percentage of 51.5% and (Rams) Jalen Ramsey was at 50.7%.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

22277.jpg

You've never heard of him so Will McClay will think it's clever. Undrafted and then cut, he has Will McClay Arena league complex written all over him.

He's tall (6'2") so he automatically qualifies for the Seahawks CB preference that everyone is associating to Dan Quinn.

His PFF grade last year was 63.1. He started 14 game sand has 3 picks last year, 1 he brought back to the house. He played in 92% of available defensive snaps.

His completion percentage against is 60.6% and was targeted 104 times. Some of that is playing opposite Casey Hayward (49.4%), but most of that is QB's liking their chances.

For reference, All-Pro corners (Miami's) Xavien Howard had a completion percentage of 51.5% and (Rams) Jalen Ramsey was at 50.7%.
Let's just sign him for the arm sleeve.
It's killer.

LittleD

Reaction score
This year could be different because of the salary cap and pending huge TV contracts. There’s going to be alot of one year deals for FA’s at below previous years value.

Probably so but, who that's good wants to play in loserville for Jerry and the playboys.

DanA

Reaction score
It would be a big outlay for a 3T when we have two young guys developing for the position, both ill-suited to playing 1T.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I have no issue with signing some veteran guys like Suh. Made 8 million last year so likely 6 to 8 million range. Wouldn't cripple the cap, likely a 1 year deal.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s like album sales. Albums don’t sell nearly like they use to but they adapted to streaming. No different here. NFL or TV will have to adapt and they will. In the very near future you will be watching Sunday football on a app. They are already on Amazon with Thursday Night Football.
Actually, album sales have increased over the last ten years. Of course, us oldies still listen to them, but now the young generation has gotten into analog music. You know, old is new.
Interesting sidebar to this convo (I think you are both right):

Rhianna is at 250 million worldwide. She probably doesnt have a shot at 1 or 2 (Beatles, Elvis both at 600) but she has a shot to overtake Michael Jackson at 350

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

22277.jpg

Damn Hayward still balling

Carson

Reaction score
Hands down my favorite free agent. Johnson can do it all. He’s been consistent throughout his career where I feel Harris flashed once

Knowing our luck he ends up in Washington.

If we somehow land him and Malcolm Brown I would be beyond thrilled

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Don't we already have a FA thread sticky posted at the top of the Fan Zone? Just post this stuff there rather than starting a new thread for every FA there is to talk about.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Don't we already have a FA thread sticky posted at the top of the Fan Zone? Just post this stuff there rather than starting a new thread for every FA there is to talk about.
Your time must be really cheap if you keep insisting on going into threads to just post stuff like this.

Its a message board. People come here to discuss the Dallas Cowboys. The intent of the thread was to discuss a specific player. Do you understand now? Actually dont bother awnsering that, you are going back on ignore

Last edited:

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Your time must be really cheap if you keep insisting on going into threads to just post stuff like this.

Its a message board. People come here to discuss the Dallas Cowboys. The intent of the thread was to discuss a specific player. Do you understand now? Actually dont bother awnsering that, you are going back on ignore

get off his lawn!!!