FEATURED FA agent thread

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I understand the point you are making. I guess I still don't understand how streaming will help build viewership if the market share is dropping due to lack of interest by fans. And, it's not just the NFL as other sport leagues are struggling to keep their fan base also. I guess time will tell.
I don’t know how they can effectively build up their viewership. Viewership is down everywhere like you stated. Viewership for steaming is thriving though. People are “cutting the chord”. This is where viewership seems to be heading to. NFL may be resistant at first. The Music Industry was too at first.
Interesting sidebar to this convo (I think you are both right):

Rhianna is at 250 million worldwide. She probably doesnt have a shot at 1 or 2 (Beatles, Elvis both at 600) but she has a shot to overtake Michael Jackson at 350
Damn.....that must be including singles sales.....she’s so young though you never know if she will get there but she seems to be straying away from music it seems.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This thread is to list players, who are, cut from other teams or who have become FA.
Discuss who is available amd or who you might want for the team to bring in.
I like the idea of this thread but it seems everyone that wants to discuss a specific FA, just opens their own thread rather than posting it here.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Was listening to Mosher's podcast. At the end he mentioned that the Cowboys have been big fans of his the last couple years. I think he been PFF'S #1 rated FS the last couple years. Johnson is guy that if they do take a real swing at someone, to take one on him
Don't get your hopes up, he is going to command a market level contract, which the Cowboys haven't done in many years.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I was going over free agents and found someone who fits the Will McClay mold:

Michael Davis, CB, Chargers
22277.jpg

You've never heard of him so Will McClay will think it's clever. Undrafted and then cut, he has Will McClay Arena league complex written all over him.

He's tall (6'2") so he automatically qualifies for the Seahawks CB preference that everyone is associating to Dan Quinn.

His PFF grade last year was 63.1. He started 14 game sand has 3 picks last year, 1 he brought back to the house. He played in 92% of available defensive snaps.

His completion percentage against is 60.6% and was targeted 104 times. Some of that is playing opposite Casey Hayward (49.4%), but most of that is QB's liking their chances.

For reference, All-Pro corners (Miami's) Xavien Howard had a completion percentage of 51.5% and (Rams) Jalen Ramsey was at 50.7%.
I saw a piece from blogging with the boys where they said the athletic predicted him being signed by the Cowboys.

Carson

Reaction score
That fine. Sign Johnson and trade for DT Brown and that's $18M. 2 defensive starters is all they need from FA.

I don't think they'll do that, but quality over quantity is necessary.

My thoughts exactly. Draft a linebacker and corner and let’s go

FYI, Brown was released so he is a free agent now

morasp

Reaction score
That fine. Sign Johnson and trade for DT Brown and that's $18M. 2 defensive starters is all they need from FA.

I don't think they'll do that, but quality over quantity is necessary.
That's sounds good to me. I was trying to come up with a good list of mid level guys

Andy Dalton will be a bout $5 million so get Joe Flacco for about $2 million
Romeo Okwara could replace Smith for about $6.5 million
Michael Davis could replace Awuzie for about $3.5 million
Sign Lewis back for about $2.25 million
Malik Hooker one year prove it deal $2 million if he passes his physical.

Last edited:

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Stephen won’t touch this guy with a 10 foot pole. He has zero interest in making the team better

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Don't we already have a FA thread sticky posted at the top of the Fan Zone? Just post this stuff there rather than starting a new thread for every FA there is to talk about.

That thread has been hijacked. Only a few posts are actually about potential FAs. It's annoying.

Sydla

Reaction score
Think the Nolan Carroll free agent class.

That's about what you are going to get from the front office this offseason IMO.

PS - That 2017 class was impressive. If I recall, their top three signings were Carroll, Paea and Demontre Moore. And none were on the roster by mid to late October that year. Jerry and his son and McClay absolutely suck at FA (and hiring coaches).

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
The Eagles could go after Johnson as well. There will be plenty of competition to sign him. With the lower cap it will be interesting if there will be a bidding war for his services.

Carson

Reaction score
The Eagles could go after Johnson as well. There will be plenty of competition to sign him. With the lower cap it will be interesting if there will be a bidding war for his services.

I fully expect John Johnson in Philly with Anthony Harris in Washington

Carson

Reaction score
Well because they will be signed in the first few days of FA. Jerry will still be on his yacht sailing around Cape Good Hope at that time.

Oh for sure lol. I posted the same thing a few weeks back. Jerry and Stephens yacht tour begins tomorrow

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I saw a piece from blogging with the boys where they said the athletic predicted him being signed by the Cowboys.
I missed that but it makes sense.

Do you subscribe to The Athletic? I'm wondering if it's worth it. I hate missing Dane Brugler's & Bruce Feldman's articles.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
There's been reports about McCoy returning to Tampa Bay, and the Buccaneers are interested.

Actually, McCoy was tweeting how excited he was about returning to Dallas a couple of months ago. The fact he's now talking Bucs makes me wonder if he got a bit of a cold reaction from Stephen about returning. In other words, perhaps he and his found out we're targeting another DT as a priority.