FEATURED FA agent thread

Sydla

Reaction score
It's the millennials I think. "I want it and I want it now damn it!"

Or it’s more, we aren’t homers like you and have seen how this franchise keeps doing the same thing in FA to have it blow up in their face year after year.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Or it’s more, we aren’t homers like you and have seen how this franchise keeps doing the same thing in FA to have it blow up in their face year after year.
High priced free agents are very high risk. I hope they sign a 1st or 2nd tier FA as well but certainly understand their thinking. It's still early so no need for the panty wringing quite yet.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And how’s that worked out for them, Jane?

Guys who typically play for vet minimums are t all that good. Hence why they are playing for small contracts.
If we don't sign McCoy again you'll be complaining about that. If we do, you'll be complaining about that.

Sydla

Reaction score
High priced free agents are very high risk. I hope they sign a 1st or 2nd tier FA as well but certainly understand their thinking. It's still early so no need for the panty wringing quite yet.

How do you understand their thinking? They’ve done this for years now and it fails year after year after year. I don’t understand how they can keep telling themselves what they are doing in FA is the right way.

Carson

Reaction score

They think we’re stupid.

Realistically speaking and I’m pretty positive and optimistic.

The chances of landing a starting 1 Tech, LB, CB and FS in the draft is slim to none. The chances of nailing those picks and they are DAY ONE starters isn’t good

Sydla

Reaction score
If we don't sign McCoy again you'll be complaining about that. If we do, you'll be complaining about that.

I think if McCoy had been healthy he’d have been the rarity - a good FA signing.

At this point thought, he might just be damaged goods. I’d be OK with him back as a 2nd DT in FA. But they should be pounding the streets for an upgrade at DT. It appears they stupidly think what they have is good enough and they can supplement it with a draft pick or two.

Sydla

Reaction score
Jane hooked up that IV kool aid...

She has largely become a Cowboys mouthpiece. She also tweeted some BS that last year they made “mini splashes in FA” and it caused chemistry issues in locker room. So apparently they won’t spend in FA because of that.

That’s some serious FO spin she’s throwing out there.

Sydla

Reaction score
Realistically speaking and I’m pretty positive and optimistic.

The chances of landing a starting 1 Tech, LB, CB and FS in the draft is slim to none

I don’t need all that. I need them to sign one legitimate starter at a position of need. If they signed a real quality starter at DT and then came back with some low cost guys like Heyward at CB and Kazee at S, that’s fine by me.

They have a DT problem. The draft is light on quality DTs. They should be pounding the pavement for DTs in FA. Relying on the draft and Hill and Gallimore to give us high level DT play is moronic.

It just is.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I'm still hopeful about Tomlinson. The Cowboys need at least one more credible starting DT ASAP, and there is no one available in the draft after Barmore. This is what FA is for. Make it happen, Jerry.

Kazee seems exactly like the type of free agent Dallas would sign, and I don't mean that in a good way. How many of those bargain-bin guys have we seen fail to live up to even their cheap contracts.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a Kazee signing. If he can get to his pre achilles injury form that is an upgrade to the Dallas defense. Not to mention he has played for Quinn previously.
He can play the single high FS or even the slot. If he is healthy, could be a real good signing as he has great ball production.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
She has largely become a Cowboys mouthpiece. She also tweeted some BS that last year they made “mini splashes in FA” and it caused chemistry issues in locker room. So apparently they won’t spend in FA because of that.

That’s some serious FO spin she’s throwing out there.
I wonder if it was Carr, Dix and Poe that she's referring to.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
The Cowboys do the Equivalent of shopping in the bargain DVD bin at Walmart without looking to see what deals are in the new release section. Sometimes you'd be surprised what you can get if you spend an extra $4.