FEATURED FA agent thread

stiletto

Reaction score
The worst of it was that Johnson wasn't expensive. The Cowboys could afford the contract Johnson signed!!

Looked like a reasonable deal for an actual good starting safety to me. I think the Cowboys could afford a player like him, they are just absolutely refusing to go that route. After Brandon Carr they may never again. Blaming all others because it didn't go great. Like blaming your next possible spouse for the problems the other one had. Dumb.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I truly want to puke.

I didn't expect to get him, but I also didn't think he would go to the BROWNS for cheap.

Do they realize this guy is better than anyone they have had at safety since Woodson?

Guess not.

I know, right? Please tell me the FO doesn't like our guys over him. Johnson is a solid underrated S who would've fit EXACTLY what we needed at S. Oh, and there's not much at S in the draft outside of Moehrig, Washington, and a few others.

starfan1

Reaction score
you know Johnson just signed with Cleveland and their cap space was about the same as ours oh well

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Looked like a reasonable deal for an actual good starting safety to me. I think the Cowboys could afford a player like him, they are just absolutely refusing to go that route. After Brandon Carr they may never again. Blaming all others because it didn't go great. Like blaming your next possible spouse for the problems the other one had. Dumb.

It is dumb! Especially if the FO were to analyse the potential rookies at S in the draft, it's OBVIOUS to me that Johnson would've fit a need. Oh, and he's a natural S which would be easier to plug in at S vs Patrick Peterson who I've heard the FO wants. Then again, Jerry probably took his family on his yacht on vacation in Bali, so we probably won't hear from them for the next few weeks.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Be prepared for a starting S and DT combo of guys already in roster and some cheap FAs and some mid round picks.

And then they’ll wonder why DT and S play were not better.

You know? With how little the Cowboys value defence, I think the FO should've hired Lincoln Riley as HC. Riley's accustomed to no defence as well.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Id definitely in be interested in Johnson at that deal though
They haven't used fa resources at the position in years, I am not expecting them to change. Kazee/Hooker are the types we should expect. They both have upside potential.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They haven't used fa resources at the position in years, I am not expecting them to change. Kazee/Hooker are the types we should expect. They both have upside potential.
Kazee could be a bad player in 2021. He already wasnt overly athletic, and now he is coming off an achilles tear. Its a great signing if he actually does recover 100% by camp. But there is a possibility he actually winds up a downgrade from Woods too

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Kazee could be a bad player in 2021. He already wasnt overly athletic, and now he is coming off an achilles tear. Its a great signing if he actually does recover 100% by camp. But there is a possibility he actually winds up a downgrade from Woods too
Kazee has always had great ball production, far more then what we have gotten out of Woods. Signing him wouldn't affect the team from drafting another high level safety.

visionary

Reaction score
Kazee has always had great ball production, far more then what we have gotten out of Woods. Signing him wouldn't affect the team from drafting another high level safety.

yes it will

as we all know this team works by checking boxes

looks to me like their safety box is ‘checked’