FEATURED FA agent thread

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Kazee has always had great ball production, far more then what we have gotten out of Woods. Signing him wouldn't affect the team from drafting another high level safety.
Im not knocking his past play. Im just saying I dont trust him to be effective coming off an achilles tear. Especially for a guy that was never overly athletic. I just see a possibility his 2021 play could be worse than Woods 2020 play

Cowboyny

Reaction score
yes it will

as we all know this team works by checking boxes

looks to me like their safety box is ‘checked’
They need starters and depth at the position. Right now, all they have is Wilson/Thompson (expected to be cut) at the position.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Im not knocking his past play. Im just saying I dont trust him to be effective coming off an achilles tear. Especially for a guy that was never overly athletic. I just see a possibility his 2021 play could be worse than Woods 2020 play
That's saying a lot, cause Woods was awful last season. Kazee can add depth at a much cheaper rate then resigning Woods. I'm still drafting a high level safety for the long-term answer at the position.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's saying a lot, cause Woods was awful last season. Kazee can add depth at a much cheaper rate then resigning Woods. I'm still drafting a high level safety for the long-term answer at the position.
Im just saying that a guy that wasnt a plus athlete to begin with, coming off an achilles could wind up a pretty bad football player. As a healthy player, I like Kazee alot. But that injury is a big pause for me

Gaede

Reaction score
The team continues to do the exact same thing in free agency every year. No matter who we sign, they'll have the impact of Clinton Dix or Darian Thomson or Allen Hurns.

It's hilarious how predictable we are, but also horrible they wonder why our roster never improves.

stiletto

Reaction score
The team continues to do the exact same thing in free agency every year. No matter who we sign, they'll have the impact of Clinton Dix or Darian Thomson or Allen Hurns.

It's hilarious how predictable we are, but also horrible they wonder why our roster never improves.

At this point you'd have to call it the Brandon Carr Curse. They are approaching Free Agency to "never do that again", how good the defense is be damned.

Carson

Reaction score

I know it’s day 1, still early.

But it’s ludicrous to expect to nail day one starters at 4 different positions on defense in the draft!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Im just saying that a guy that wasnt a plus athlete to begin with, coming off an achilles could wind up a pretty bad football player. As a healthy player, I like Kazee alot. But that injury is a big pause for me
It's something to watch with him. He was recently cleared and is young enough to make a full recovery.

Sydla

Reaction score
They need starters and depth at the position. Right now, all they have is Wilson/Thompson (expected to be cut) at the position.

They'll fill in depth with bargain bin leftovers in about two weeks.

I am clearly emote-posting about FA but I know this was the most likely course they'd take. There is one thing you can count on from Jerry and Stephen - stubbornness when it comes to how they view/build this team. They think going cheap in FA is the way to go and damned if anyone (or any result) is going to make them change course.