Face Tattoos I Don't Get It

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I served too and that was before Dont Ask Dont Tell. Not that there is anything wrong with it. But I'm not getting my panties in a wad like you.
That's because, unlike you, I'm not being a bigot dissing folks with different skin.

timb2

Reaction score
That's because, unlike you, I'm not being a bigot dissing folks with different skin.
I'm not dissing people's skin color because no one can help what color they were born with. You are getting delusional, hysterical,and I think your comfort puppy wants you to grow a pair.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Face tattoos look stupid to me. I'm not a bigot I hate everyone equally. Say you catch a flight,you dont expect the flight attendant to have crap scribbled all over her face do you? Yeah almost certain the majority people would feel the way I do,so but afraid to say something to offend somebody. I'm not gonna shy away. You say I sound like a bigot and then I can say you sound like a snowflake who needs a comfort puppy in a safe space.

IMO there needs to be some common sense. If you get a tattoo of a devil, flames, and a swastika on your face and then apply to work at a day care center, I wouldn't scream discrimination of you don't get hired.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not dissing people's skin color because no one can help what color they were born with. You are getting delusional, hysterical,and I think your comfort puppy wants you to grow a pair.
So now you are justifying your bigotry by differentiating it from folks that didn't choose the coloring of their skin? So, does that mean my orange skin offends you?

timb2

Reaction score
I dont want you to feel bad Joe King . I will give you a song so you can remember the good ole days when you served.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
IMO there needs to be some common sense. If you get a tattoo of a devil, flames, and a swastika on your face and then apply to work at a day care center, I wouldn't scream discrimination of you don't get hired.
I agree with you on the swastika, but religion and nature don't offend me.

timb2

Reaction score
I was a Marine not a squid. Yeah Marines we are real tolerant . We wanna make sure people's feelings dont get damaged.

timb2

Reaction score
Now Yosemite Sam and Cowboys Couch now you know why I have a Asian Fetish so much.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I was a Marine not a squid. Yeah Marines we are real tolerant . We wanna make sure people's feelings dont get damaged.
As far as I'm concerned, once a Marine, always a Marine. Unless your name is Lee Harvey Oswald.

I was not a squid either so guess again.

jnday

Reaction score
@timb2 you sound like a bigot from 1930-40s Germany with your shaming of people that don't do things as you would do them. People today are free to do as they please. This freedom should be celebrated, not shamed as you are doing. Freedom is a beautiful thing that comes in many shapes and forms. You are bound to come across some that you don't personally like but you should still tolerate. Tolerance is the virtue that allows us to all come together from all ethnicities and backgrounds and be stronger together for it. Tolerance is in rare supply these days so stop being part of the problem by not having it.
Making stupid decisions and justifying them with freedom, doesn’t make their decisions any better. Doing stupid stuff just because you can doesn’t make it any better. The fact remains that they will be stuck with those ridiculous tats for the rest of their life.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Making stupid decisions and justifying them with freedom, doesn’t make their decisions any better. Doing stupid stuff just because you can doesn’t make it any better. The fact remains that they will be stuck with those ridiculous tats for the rest of their life.
Who is to say its stupid? You don't have to live with it so it's not for you to judge. Yes, we all have to live with our decisions, that is life. You are not dropping any wisdom on anyone by being captain obvious.

aria

Reaction score
I kinda like tattoos...I think?

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/tattoos.387053/

Having said that, I would never get a face tattoo but who cares what someone else does with their body if it doesn’t effect you? I originally said I would never get tattoos that I couldn’t cover up but I’ve recently considered getting a tattoo on the top of each hand but am debating any future regrets I may have (ie depending on if I wanted a part time job after I retire and how it may effect that or not).

So really, other then being concerned with what other people think of you, why is it any different than getting a tattoo on an arm, leg, hand, etc? For the record, I do completely understand it could effect someone getting a job but that all depends on what that person wants to do for a living and if they don’t mind dealing with the stereotypes and/or judgmental attitudes some people may have against them and also knowing it could effect them getting a job or not.

Personally, I think judging someone based on what they do to their body is no different than judging someone based on what kind of car they drive, what type of music they listen to, what sports team they like...if you’re going to judge an individual either let their actions speak for them or don’t judge, give them a chance and try to get to know them.

Luckily they have these painful little lasers that can erase those tattoos if they have regrets or want them removed for employment purposes.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
Actually that’s not a fact. I’ve had a somewhat small tattoo removed on my arm, as have millions of other people. Thankfully that technology exists, otherwise I would have had to cover it up and the larger one I got to cover my entire arm would have never looked as good :)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Having said that, I would never get a face tattoo but who cares what someone else does with their body if it doesn’t effect you? I originally said I would never get tattoos that I couldn’t cover up but I’ve recently considered getting a tattoo on the top of each hand but am debating any future regrets I may have (ie depending on if I wanted a part time job after I retire and how it may effect that or not).

So really, other then being concerned with what other people think of you, why is it any different than getting a tattoo on my arm, leg, hand, etc? For the record, I do completely understand it could effect someone getting a job but that all depends on what that person wants to do for a living and if they don’t mind dealing with the stereotypes and/or judgmental attitudes some people may have against them and also knowing it could effect them getting a job or not.

Personally, I think judging someone based on what they do to their body is no different than judging someone based on what kind of car they drive, what type of music they listen to, what sports team they like...if you’re going to judge an individual either let their actions speak for them or don’t judge, give them a chance and try to get to know them.

Luckily they have these painful little lasers that can erase those tattoos if they have regrets or want them removed for employment purposes.
You are an enlightened being. Thank you for sharing. The haters will now judge you. And yes, I know you well enough to know you don't care :thumbup:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Actually that’s not a fact. I’ve had a somewhat small tattoo removed on my arm, as have millions of other people. Thankfully that technology exists, otherwise I would have had to cover it up and the larger one I got to cover my entire arm would have never looked as good :)
I've seen the laser removal. Though, it never looked clean afterwards. You could still see basically a scrubby look afterwards. Has that improved at all? How does it feel when you do it?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

So really, other then being concerned with what other people think of you, why is it any different than getting a tattoo on an arm, leg, hand, etc? For the record, I do completely understand it could effect someone getting a job but that all depends on what that person wants to do for a living and if they don’t mind dealing with the stereotypes and/or judgmental attitudes some people may have against them and also knowing it could effect them getting a job or not.

I love tattoo art too. My biggest issue is tattooing something on me then 10 years later I'm asking Why the bleep did I do that!???!??! The art itself I love, hell that's why I used to always wear Metal t-shirts and skulls etc. I love that type of art, but I just don't want to permanently wear it since my feelings about it can and definitely will change with time. I can take a t-shirt off. A tattoo is expensive to put on and probably expensive to remove too. Even that removal was sketchy too. Lets not even get into facial tattoos. :laugh:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You got these rappers & singers writing all over their faces. I don't get it. I don't think it is all about gang stuff. You know if the music gig doesn't work out what are going to do for a job.? Also I remember seeing a well known rapper and he didnt have as many tattoos on his face as previous and I wonder if it is just fake ink to sell a look. THE PROBLEM - You have stupid naive kids that look up to them and ruin their faces and chances for good jobs because they did something idiotic while they were young. . I don't like face tattoos on a woman . I dont even like all those piercings on the face of a woman....... Please can someone explain to me why some guy like Post Malone does this because to me he looks like a bigger dork than he is.
You left out white gangsters.