Facebook Parenting: For the Troubled Teen

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4414073 said:
I finally watched the entire video, what a redneck moron.

Why? Becuse he did what he said he was going to do if she did this again? Wow, what a redneck moron for actually following through on a punishment. :rolleyes:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4414067 said:
You seriously think that's the kind of fer people are talking about? There is a good kind of fear. The fear that the parent will actually carry out a punishment. The fear that when you do something wrong, you will be held accountable. That's the kind of fear people are talking about. Not being afraid to be around the parent because you may be abused. Geez!

you said you feared your father, those were your words, you didn't qualify it, you said you were afraid of him.

The parent in this video is an idiot and it would serve him right if his daughter never spoke to him again.

He was *****ing she referred to the cleaning lady as the cleaning lady, that is funny.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4414079 said:
you said you feared your father, those were your words, you didn't qualify it, you said you were afraid of him.

The parent in this video is an idiot and it would serve him right if his daughter never spoke to him again.

He was *****ing she referred to the cleaning lady as the cleaning lady, that is funny.

I didn't think I had to. I also said I admired him as well. Why would anyone admire someone they feared would abuse them? Sometimes you don't use your head when you make statements. The parent actually did what he said he would do. What a shame.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4414078 said:
Why? Becuse he did what he said he was going to do if she did this again? Wow, what a redneck moron for actually following through on a punishment. :rolleyes:

We're supposed to laud him for following through on a promise that was stupid (and potentially dangerous) to begin with? Does shooting a laptop with a .45 strike you as an example of responsible gun ownership? All he accomplished was negatively stereotyping Southerners and gun owners.

rkell87

Reaction score
bbgun;4414091 said:
We're supposed to laud him for following through on a promise that was stupid (and potentially dangerous) to begin with? Does shooting a laptop with a .45 strike you as an example of responsible gun ownership? All he accomplished was negatively stereotyping Southerners and gun owners.

you are agreeing CCF, hell must have frozen over

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
bbgun;4414091 said:

Oh please. Seems like he knew what he was doing with the gun. Geez, I swear this country has become so whipped it's pathetic. He shot a hollow point .45, into the laptop, which was on the ground. That bullet isn't going to ricochet anywhere. People are more concerned with this kid being embarrassed rather than the behavior that got the laptop shot. What an upside down society.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4414099 said:
Oh please. Seems like he knew what he was doing with the gun. Geez, I swear this country has become so whipped it's pathetic. He shot a hollow point .45, into the laptop, which was on the ground. That bullet isn't going to ricochet anywhere. People are more concerned with this kid being embarrassed rather than the behavior that got the laptop shot. What an upside down society.

Now you just have to worry about the thousands of others who saw that video who don't know how to handle a gun. But hey, it's cool to use one to destroy personal property or make a point! :rolleyes:

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
bbgun;4414112 said:
Now you just have to worry about the thousands of others who saw that video who don't know how to handle a gun. But hey, it's cool to use one to destroy personal property or make a point! :rolleyes:

Well that would be their problem. Ever watch a car commercial? Now we have to worry about the millions of people who seen those commercials who don't know how to handle a car.

Unfreakin' real!

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4414116 said:
Well that would be their problem. Ever watch a car commercial? Now we have to worry about the millions of people who seen those commercials who don't know how to handle a car.

Unfreakin' real!

Look, I'm no left-wing, gun-grabbing peacenik, but the guy does come off as a tad unhinged. He could have settled this without all the theatrics.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
bbgun;4414134 said:
Look, I'm no left-wing, gun-grabbing peacenik, but the guy does come off as a tad unhinged. He could have settled this without all the theatrics.

He tried that before and it didn't work. So now he follow through on his word.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4414142 said:

Man follows through on stupid, irresponsible threat. Compounds problem by videotaping his vandalism, resulting in unnecessary embarrassment for daughter and hick reputation for dad. Mission accomplished.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
bbgun;4414147 said:
Man follows through on stupid, irresponsible threat. Compounds problem by videotaping his vandalism, resulting in unnecessary embarrassment for daughter and hick reputation for dad. Mission accomplished.

Not a threat. A consequence.

Not vandalism when it's your own property. Do you vandalize your newspaper when you throw it in the trash?

Not unnecessary embarrassment. Very necessary considering her history.

If disciplining your child in a way that gets her attention is hick, then so be it. We need more hicks then.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4413974 said:
You asked about compromising in relationship to THIS story. And no, you don't compromise on disobedience. That is what is insane.

And you came back some roundabout off-the-wall idea of smoking pot and moving on to other drugs.

You can certainly compromise on things like curfew, allowance, chores, etc. But not when it comes to values.

Is this not the catalyst of the entire situation?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4414152 said:

Not vandalism when it's your own property. Do you vandalize your newspaper when you throw it in the trash?

If disciplining your child in a way that gets her attention is hick, then so be it. We need more hicks then.

You think embarassing your tot is appropriate?

Shooting up a computer is rational?

Top it off, videotape the bloody think while wearing a cowboy hat?

Yeah that is parenting 101

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4414084 said:
I didn't think I had to. I also said I admired him as well. Why would anyone admire someone they feared would abuse them? Sometimes you don't use your head when you make statements. The parent actually did what he said he would do. What a shame.

If he what he said he would do is wrong, you shouldn't laud him for doing it.

I love though how you add in abuse to the fear, I never stated you were afraid of abuse but being afraid of a parent is not natural, admiring him or not. That is just plain odd.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4414156 said:
You think embarassing your tot is appropriate?

Shooting up a computer is rational?

Top it off, videotape the bloody think while wearing a cowboy hat?

Yeah that is parenting 101

umm ...you are the LAST person who should be attempting any KIND of parenting/man/social advice to ANYONE.

:starspin

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4414142 said:

Cajuncowboy;4414152 said:

I love the way you just assume he's done everything within his power and that she is some criminal in the making.

He said she was disrespectful to every adult she's met in her life. You buying that?

If I didn't know any better, I'd think this is you based on how well informed you are of the whole situation.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
"When I was your age, I had moved out of the house. Lived on my own. Went to college, while in high school. Worked two jobs, was a volunteer fireman......"

Jeez, between this and walking 10 miles to and from school in the snow, uphill both ways, how did he find time to save the world?

This is the same type of guy who would tell her how worthless she is for not having a job and in the event she got a job would hold it against her that he had to drive her to that job because she doesn't have a license or a car.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4414155 said:
And you came back some roundabout off-the-wall idea of smoking pot and moving on to other drugs.

Is this not the catalyst of the entire situation?

I explained how compromising on values can lead to other things. It was not off the wall but dead on target.

And no, the catalyst was her being a brat and posting things on FB she shouldn't have. The chores was just the thing she used to complain about.