Facebook Parenting: For the Troubled Teen

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4414156 said:
You think embarassing your tot is appropriate?

Shooting up a computer is rational?

Top it off, videotape the bloody think while wearing a cowboy hat?

Yeah that is parenting 101

Tot?????

LOL!

She's 15. You people are irrational. You are more concerned with this guy shooting a laptop than the offense that created it. some of you people are so bass akwards no wonder society is where it is now.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4414157 said:
If he what he said he would do is wrong, you shouldn't laud him for doing it.

I love though how you add in abuse to the fear, I never stated you were afraid of abuse but being afraid of a parent is not natural, admiring him or not. That is just plain odd.

You are out of your mamby pamby mind. If you don't understand the difference between being afraid your parents will punish you and abuse then you are completely lost.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4414165 said:
I love the way you just assume he's done everything within his power and that she is some criminal in the making.

He said she was disrespectful to every adult she's met in her life. You buying that?

If I didn't know any better, I'd think this is you based on how well informed you are of the whole situation.

Oh this is rich. Coming from someone condemning the man without knowing the situation. Now that is truly rich. Thanks for the chuckle.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4414170 said:
Jeez, between this and walking 10 miles to and from school in the snow, uphill both ways, how did he find time to save the world?

This is the same type of guy who would tell her how worthless she is for not having a job and in the event she got a job would hold it against her that he had to drive her to that job because she doesn't have a license or a car.

Hey way to completely kill any credibility you might have had on the subject.

Good job!

rkell87

Reaction score
btw i'd just like to post for you guys the comments i'm seeing from this on my face book

siobahn:What an ungrateful brat. Good for pops.

sean:.. most honest thing I've seen in a long time.. totally support him and all parents with brats like her! ;)

lindsey:I love it!

jeph:Legit *** dad if you ask me.

matt:perfect for all those dramatic children that think they have it hard and think that Facebook is actually relevant in REAL life. Just wish it would have been a shotgun.

amanda:Best thing I saw all day

cammie:Ohhh my!! This is amazing hahah

judith:That is awesome. I can see why it's gone viral so quickly.

sarah:Simply Awesome.

ricky:That guy is a dick head!

james:I was waiting for the shotgun...

lindsey:Fantastic!

erick(47 year old parent of 2):Need more men in America like this guy to be in the lives of Children!!!!

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Dallas;4414159 said:
umm ...you are the LAST person who should be attempting any KIND of parenting/man/social advice to ANYONE.

:starspin

fact is I am probably as good a parent as anyone on this board, yeah my one child gets everything he wants for the most part, goes on great trips, plays at an expensive hockey club and has the most toys/video games of anyone, but he is a great kid and he honours me

you really know nothing about me so you really should shut your piehole

the goof in the video is a complete dbag and deserves all the derision he receives

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Here in Utah, it was reported yesterday that a lady and her infant son were held hostage for 5 days and was beaten and abused by her live in boyfriend.

She eventually got some time where she hid in a closet and took her computer and posted on facebook that she was in trouble. Within 37 minutes she had all of her contacts contacting the police about what was happening, and within minutes Police arrived and arrested the man. She posted that if she did not get any help right away that she might be dead by morning.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_...k-post-saves-utah-woman-and-son-held-hostage/

The TV showed the woman all busted up and bruised with black eyes and other wounds.

She is now enrolled in a self-defense course that teaches woman how to protect themselves from things like this.

As for me, I have never been on facebook...maybe I should try it?

:confused:

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4414186 said:
fact is I am probably as good a parent as anyone on this board, yeah my one child gets everything he wants for the most part, goes on great trips, plays at an expensive hockey club and has the most toys/video games of anyone, but he is a great kid and he honours me

you really know nothing about me so you really should shut your piehole

the goof in the video is a complete dbag and deserves all the derision he receives

:lmao2:

You're kid is going to have a rough adulthood.

And that is nothing to laugh at.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4414176 said:
Tot?????

LOL!

She's 15. You people are irrational. You are more concerned with this guy shooting a laptop than the offense that created it. some of you people are so bass akwards no wonder society is where it is now.

I don't know, society is pretty decent and certainly better than the 1950s.

Hell though if you want to think shooting up a laptop to teach your daugther a lesson is great parenting, feel free.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4414172 said:
I explained how compromising on values can lead to other things. It was not off the wall but dead on target.

No it was off the wall because doing drugs is way out of context.

I suppose would run a similar route and end up a murder if we chose.

Furthermore, it was completely nonsensical as some of the values were more permissive than the compromise.

And no, the catalyst was her being a brat and posting things on FB she shouldn't have. The chores was just the thing she used to complain about.

Again, I'm impressed with your wealth of knowledge on the entire situation.

It's just as likely that what she wrote is closer than the truth than what his video depicts but you've got the whole thing down pat.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
5Stars;4414187 said:
Here in Utah, it was reported yesterday that a lady and her infant son were held hostage for 5 days and was beaten and abused by her live in boyfriend.

She eventually got some time where she hid in a closet and took her computer and posted on facebook that she was in trouble. Within 37 minutes she had all of her contacts contacting the police about what was happening, and within minutes Police arrived and arrested the man. She posted that if she did not get any help right away that she might be dead by morning.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_...k-post-saves-utah-woman-and-son-held-hostage/

The TV showed the woman all busted up and bruised with black eyes and other wounds.

She is now enrolled in a self-defense course that teaches woman how to protect themselves from things like this.

just about everyone is on facebook, give it a shot, I bet even Cajun is on it

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
5Stars;4414187 said:

Wow. And we have people on this forum calling the FB dad a dbag for disciplining his kid by destroying her laptop.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
CanadianCowboysFan;4414195 said:
just about everyone is on facebook, give it a shot, I bet even Cajun is on it

I think I will...

I know a lot of friends and family that always talk about facebook and how they connect with friends and family, but I have never logged on or got an account.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4414190 said:
:lmao2:

You're kid is going to have a rough adulthood.

And that is nothing to laugh at.

well I guess I could beat him or make him afraid of me, make him wear "modest" clothes like your children and then home school him. That would really get him ready for adulthood.

My son has probably seen more of the word in his 8 years than you have in your entire life.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
5Stars;4414198 said:
I think I will...

I know a lot of friends and family that always talk about facebook and how they connect with friends and family, but I have never logged on or got an account.

if you sign on, add me as a friend ;)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cajuncowboy;4414197 said:
Wow. And we have people on this forum calling the FB dad a dbag for disciplining his kid by destroying her laptop.

I have not read the whole thread, but the topic made me think about what happened here in Utah.

Maybe I should give it a try?

When you sign up, I guess you need to use your real name?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4414197 said:

just because someone does worse does not undbag this guy's behaviour.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4414194 said:
No it was off the wall because doing drugs is way out of context.

I suppose would run a similar route and end up a murder if we chose.

Furthermore, it was completely nonsensical as some of the values were more permissive than the compromise.

Again, I'm impressed with your wealth of knowledge on the entire situation.

It's just as likely that what she wrote is closer than the truth than what his video depicts but you've got the whole thing down pat.

Seems you have it all down. And what she wrote, even if true, was in disrespectful to her parents and she did exactly what she was told not to do.

And I was talking about values and it made perfect sense to ANYONE who has some.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4414182 said:
Oh this is rich. Coming from someone condemning the man without knowing the situation. Now that is truly rich. Thanks for the chuckle.

His retaliatory actions are video taped for the world to see.

Sorry for condemning a person who says they're going to ground their child for 3 years......or "til probably college".

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4414204 said:
Seems you have it all down. And what she wrote, even if true, was in disrespectful to her parents and she did exactly what she was told not to do.

And I was talking about values and it made perfect sense to ANYONE who has some.

so going online in a video to embarrass her and shoot up her computer (of course the moron is so dumb he doesn't realize she will just go to the library or a friends to get online now) was the right response?