Signed by Cowboys FB Olawale traded to Cowboys **merged**

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Exactly, this is nothing more than the team filling a vacant spot prior to the draft so they aren't forced to use a draft pick on a fb. We swapped a pick and got a starting Fb. What did you want, go into the draft having to use a draft pick on an unknown? To me, this is nothing more than everyday business. It is nothing flashy, but the sky is not falling because of this move, sheesh people. Sir, I am only going to say it one more time Calm down... I AM CALM!!
:hammer:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keith Smith 0 carries, 5 receptions for 26 yards in 2017, 2 carries for 5 yards and 3 catches for 20 yards in 2016. That's it for his stats.

Jamize Olawale 9 carries for 43 yards, 6 receptions for 33 yards last year; 17 carries for 47 yards, 12 receptions for 227 yards in 2016; 24 carries for 110 yards, 9 receptions for 84 yards in 2015.

Olawale is an all-around fullback.

So we're going to argue 6 receptions over 5 receptions? And 26 yards over 33 yards and then claim that "Olawale is an all around fullback"?

If that's the case, why did he actually play far fewer snaps than Smith did on both offense and special teams?

And why did Smith take his job in Oakland?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Older but I think so. Better blocker and can make plays with the ball in his hands.

I would have kept Olawale over Phillip Tanner in 2012 because I liked the potential he showed in the preseason. I definitely would have found a way to bring him up when the Raiders signed him off our practice squad that December. Instead he went on to become an impact fullback for them while we experimented with things like converting a special-teams linebacker.

I can't believe anyone is complaining about this (but considering someone complains about everything, I guess it should be expected). Olawale even has led the Raiders in special teams tackles in a couple of his seasons there.

mugsybows

Reaction score
so we traded our 5th for their 6th and him. were the raiders even going to keep this guy anyway?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Updating the Cowboys’ draft picks after the trade for Jamize Olawale: No. 19 (first round), No. 50 (second round), No. 81 (third round), No. 116 (fourth round), No. 137 (fourth round), No. 171 (fifth round), No. 192 (sixth round), No. 193 (sixth round), No. 208 (sixth round), No. 236 (seventh round).

i
Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Prime21

Reaction score
Why didn't we just pay Keith Smith?

Raiders signed him for 3 mil more than what Olawale is getting.

20 spots on day three is nothing. We use FBs more than most. This guy offers more as a receiver, probable isnt the impact blocker that Smith.

Were pinching pennies to fit in Martin and Lawrence contracts. Dak contract is looming.

This is a solid trade. The Zone can be ridiculous.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I would have kept Olawale over Phillip Tanner in 2012 because I liked the potential he showed in the preseason. I definitely would have found a way to bring him up when the Raiders signed him off our practice squad that December. Instead he went on to become an impact fullback for them while we experimented with things like converting a special-teams linebacker.

I can't believe anyone is complaining about this (but considering someone complains about everything, I guess it should be expected). Olawale even has led the Raiders in special teams tackles in a couple of his seasons there.

:thumbup:

dallasdave

Reaction score
Updating the Cowboys’ draft picks after the trade for Jamize Olawale: No. 19 (first round), No. 50 (second round), No. 81 (third round), No. 116 (fourth round), No. 137 (fourth round), No. 171 (fifth round), No. 192 (sixth round), No. 193 (sixth round), No. 208 (sixth round), No. 236 (seventh round).

i
Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer
Thanks for the updated picks :welcome: