Signed by Cowboys FB Olawale traded to Cowboys **merged**

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Updating the Cowboys’ draft picks after the trade for Jamize Olawale: No. 19 (first round), No. 50 (second round), No. 81 (third round), No. 116 (fourth round), No. 137 (fourth round), No. 171 (fifth round), No. 192 (sixth round), No. 193 (sixth round), No. 208 (sixth round), No. 236 (seventh round).

i
Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer
Thanks for the update.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
So we're going to argue 6 receptions over 5 receptions? And 26 yards over 33 yards and then claim that "Olawale is an all around fullback"?

If that's the case, why did he actually play far fewer snaps than Smith did on both offense and special teams?

And why did Smith take his job in Oakland?

Let's not just use 2017 stats, the other years stats are listed right there to use as well.

Olawale has shown he is able to pull off things as a receiver that Keith has not, and probably will never show. In both their respective careers.

Even if there isnt a much of a difference in thei skill level, at least we are the team saving $600K in cap space and not the other way around.

It could even play out that we move down 20 spots this year, but get a comp pick in 2019, then let Olawale walk and gain another comp pick in 2020.

Hopefully everyone will be pleasantly surprised by the addition.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Rome wasn’t built in one day. The process in Dallas takes time. Olawale is just another brick in the wall.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Raiders signed him for 3 mil more than what Olawale is getting.

20 spots on day three is nothing. We use FBs more than most. This guy offers more as a receiver, probable isnt the impact blocker that Smith.

Were pinching pennies to fit in Martin and Lawrence contracts. Dak contract is looming.

This is a solid trade. The Zone can be ridiculous.

Smith is a better run blocker, but not by a whole lot. Olawale is a better pass blocker, but again, I don't think the difference is much. I don't think we're going to look at their play and go, "Smith would have made a better block there. We should have kept Smith!"

What we might see, though, are some carries or receptions that we weren't getting out of the position before. Now, I'm not certain about this because our staff rarely seems to do anything to maximize the personnel that we have, but Olawale has skills there that can be used.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The Cowboys acquired FB Jamize Olawale from the Raiders by moving down ten spots or so in the 5th round. Olawale seems like a better offensive weapon at a slightly lower salary, who isn't as good on Special Teams.

Fun clip of some rumblin', bumblin' stumblin' :

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
Have to think that 5th would have helped in trading up during the draft a whole lot more than that 6th will.

Eh, I don't agree. Pretty much the same from a value chart perspective. And I think there's value to picking back-to-back.