Signed by Cowboys FB Olawale traded to Cowboys **merged**

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Is he the FB that pulled away from Jaylon Smith last year in the open field?

links18

Reaction score
What a head fake move from Cowboys management. Everyone was expecting Dunbar to be resigned, instead we trade for the other North Texas guy we had before we lost him. Don't we all feel like fools?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's not just use 2017 stats, the other years stats are listed right there to use as well.

So hold the linebacker to fullback things against Smith then?

Olawale has shown he is able to pull off things as a receiver that Keith has not, and probably will never show. In both their respective careers.

Yeah, an amazing ability to exploit busted coverage and missed tackles. One play. And yet, somehow, the Raiders chose Smith over keeping Olawale?

Even if there isnt a much of a difference in thei skill level, at least we are the team saving $600K in cap space and not the other way around.

$300,000 actually. Dallas could have tendered Smith at $1.9 million and kept him rather than paying $1.6 million for Olawale. They guessed wrong.

It could even play out that we move down 20 spots this year, but get a comp pick in 2019, then let Olawale walk and gain another comp pick in 2020.

So move down from the fifth round to the sixt round, but then get a comp pick in 2020? As long as we don't sign anybody. Is that the silver lining here?

Hopefully everyone will be pleasantly surprised by the addition.

Hope is our most common strategy...

Zordon

Reaction score
i thought this guy was a keeper when we had him a few years ago. i forget did he get picked up off our PS or did we cut him?

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Olawale is a decent FB.

We didn't actually lose any draft picks. Just swapped Cowboys pick 173 for Raiders pick 192. No biggie.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
C'mon, man. FB is shored up and it had little effect on their draft capital. Yes, he was probably getting released but then you're competing for his services.

The chances the player they would have wanted at 173 still being there at 192 are pretty good. Which would make this a free acquisition.

Still 10 picks and now one won't have to get burned on a role player like a FB.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
So hold the linebacker to fullback things against Smith then?

No.... I'm saying look at Olawale's previous stats.

Yeah, an amazing ability to exploit busted coverage and missed tackles. One play. And yet, somehow, the Raiders chose Smith over keeping Olawale?

He has a 75 yarder and a 69 yarder, thats not just one play

I guess Keith isnt capable of exploiting busted coverages and missed tackles.

$300,000 actually. Dallas could have tendered Smith at $1.9 million and kept him rather than paying $1.6 million for Olawale. They guessed wrong.

Fair

So move down from the fifth round to the sixt round, but then get a comp pick in 2020? As long as we don't sign anybody. Is that the silver lining here?

No a 2019 and 2020 comp pick like I said

Hope is our most common strategy...