CFZ Fe, Fi, FO, Fum, methinks the FO is not dumb

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
First off, I am as critical of the owner and his son as anyone because I just flat do not like them but some of the criticism thrown their way is overdone.

He is not the worst GM, by far, in the NFL, either now or as long as he's been doing it. The 26 years of wandering in the wilderness makes him an easy target.

I see blame for Elliott's contract and for Schultz's but is the blame for Schultz's balanced by praise for picking Ferguson and Hendershot for better options in this off season?

The blame for Prescott's is overblown because the crime was not giving themselves any options but the draft and what would a trade up in picks cost and was that worth the risk? They did what they had to do and the criticism for not doing the deal earlier ignores the fact they tried to do that. Most likely at the value they placed on him and not what the market dictated.

So, they sit at 6-2, with a backup QB steering most of those but where is the credit for Cooper Rush?

Here is what I am thinking is happening to too many of you. You are letting the past throw shade on your sunshine of this season. You just can't let it go.

Let those 26 years go and relish this season that is right now. They have the best defense in the last 27 years and a run game they seem content to lean on. This is a good team.

Yes, they could lose in the wild card round and keep that string going but why worry about that now? That's 10 games away and a lot is going to happen between then and now. So, forget then and embrace now.

Don't you really want to be happy being a fan? Or have we become happy blaming the FO for everything to the point that we do not see all of the positive moves they've made? Are we too happy being critical?

Believe me, it is not fun for me to give them credit but there is not any analyst that would have given them a chance at 6-2 when Prescott went down. I know, I heard them all.

So far in the 2022 season, this FO has done a great job and better than anyone here would have predicted. We are so busy criticizing them, the good things slip by us. And there are some really good things.
26 years they are dumb and cheap

Reactions: ICP

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will try. That is to separate being more positive in the moment.

While all the while knowing to keep doing the same thing the same way over and over and expecting different results is insanity.

But I will try.
Try for yourself 75 because I was 63 years old before I discovered the true magic of optimism and positivity in my life. I was always focused on the destination, the results, and it was all about the journey.

So I end up wrong, I still win because for a while there I was right.

Too many get caught up in that "won't get fooled again" when this game, this sport, is all about emotion, logic has nothing to do with being as fan.

terra

Reaction score
Another bandwagon fan. By your reasoning they’ll never win a Super Bowl again. Why do you even watch then?
for myself I think its a severe case of masochism.

Been a fan since I watched the colts steal the SB from the Boys (helped by that fake fumble of course) and have lived and died with them ever since.
So take your bandwagon crap and stick it sideways

Reactions: ICP

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And the mistakes in the past doesn’t prevent them from being succu in the future. That’s where I disagree with you and many others here. Y’all always harp about “The haven’t done anything in 26 years” like that has anything to do with the present.
We understand that. But when the same people are making the decisions it’s only natural to be suspect.

I’m not one who’s said just because they haven’t had success , they never will. This season is definitely an opportunity.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
show me a ring; or at the very least show me an appearance in the NFC championship game and be competitive. Until then take your jerry fanboy crap and stick it
If I had Booger fanboy crap, I would have already stuck it.

ICP

Reaction score
Another bandwagon fan. By your reasoning they’ll never win a Super Bowl again. Why do you even watch then?
Bandwagon? Bandwagon fans jump from team to team. Every fan has the right to criticize questionable ownership/leadership

dsturgeon

Reaction score
It is hard to make good evaluations

You definitely can't use not winning a superbowl as an evaluation for individual seasons

Here is one thing that throws off team quality evaluations. I am not saying Romos teams were better than Bradys, but it is an easy example to see

-Brady was in maybe the worst divinsion in the league for most of his career, and he was pretty much given a free run at the playoff every year
-Romo almost always had 2 good quality teams in his division, and they beat the crap out of each other, and knocked each other out of the playoffs, along with top notch qbs and teams in the other divisions in the nfc to go through

How do you take stuff like that into evaluations

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He doesn't dislike Booger personally, I do, intensely. Even if I didn't, his personality is annoying and grating.
@America's Cowboy

Coach is right. My issue with Jethro has always been directly associated with his operations of Cowboys Football.

His personality can be annoying but when Jimmy was running Cowboys Football I thought Jethro was tolerable. And actually contributed to our success.

And he probably could have been greatest owner of all time if his passion to be a celebrity football guy and face of our franchise didn’t get in his way.

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
We should've been considering trading up for Parsons. How in the world did our FO not understand how good of a prospect he was?

And what if we trade back, and then someone offers a bevy of draft picks to move in front of us and snag Parsons? No, trading back for the extra pick was dumb, and we got lucky. Very.

We are not close to the same D w/o him. And now Hankins. I put this on MM. I think he understands. I'm still reserving judgment, but watching him pick up S's and NT's and just simply ball players has started making me think that he might be the answer.

So how did the 11 teams that drafted ahead of us not know how good Parsons would be? If that same draft were held today, where does Parsons go?
EVERY DRAFT without fail, a player that is drafted out of the top 10 and even in the mid rounds becomes an absolute difference maker... so I guess every FO in the league is , but when we draft a player like Parsons, it was blind luck?
If any of those teams that drafted behind us knew Parsons would be what he is, they all would have moved up to get him in front of us. I guess those teams that didnt move up are all idiots.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So over the last 20 something years he’s worse than the Jets, Dolphins, Lions, Washington, Chicago, Cleveland, Cincy, Buffalo, Raiders, Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee?

And not just the last 2-4 years over the course of the last two decades or so?

You could say we are an average at best FO, bottom 10 for a team that’s consistently competitive makes no sense. Teams with more losing records than winning in the last 20 are bottom 10.

It’s all semantics though because neither are SB level FO’s. Whether bottom 10 or average.
Front Offices seem to quickly become "Super Bowl," caliber as soon as they hit that Allen QB. The Bills would be GARBAGE if Allen didnt pop.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So how did the 11 teams that drafted ahead of us not know how good Parsons would be? If that same draft were held today, where does Parsons go?
EVERY DRAFT without fail, a player that is drafted out of the top 10 and even in the mid rounds becomes an absolute difference maker... so I guess every FO in the league is , but when we draft a player like Parsons, it was blind luck?
If any of those teams that drafted behind us knew Parsons would be what he is, they all would have moved up to get him in front of us. I guess those teams that didnt move up are all idiots.
The fact we had our sights on the two Cb’s and they were snagged right in front of us is the luck of the draw Parsons fell into our lap.

But you’re right. If everyone knew what he’d become he would have gone earlier.

You have to be a little lucky just like you accurately said when drafting these QB’s in first round as all don’t work out.

Finally the Cowboys golden goose has arrived. And it’s turned our defense into a force and raises our potential for more success.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It is irritating to hear Jerrah doing his morning talk shows but he honestly does not give anything away. Remember when he said Dak could be back vs Washington. That is gamesmanship. Jerry is the best a promoting the Cowboys and keeping them in the news. Remember the quarterback controversy between Rush and Dak that opened every talk show. Now it’s the Zeke va Pollard debate. There is a good chance that Pollard and Zeke combine for $2,000 rushing yards this season. I am good with that.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The fact we had our sights on the two Cb’s and they were snagged right in front of us is the luck of the draw Parsons fell into our lap.

But you’re right. If everyone knew what he’d become he would have gone earlier.

You have to be a little lucky just like you accurately said when drafting these QB’s in first round as all don’t work out.

Finally the Cowboys golden goose has arrived. And it’s turned our defense into a force and raises our potential for more success.

Every team that drafts a Randy Moss, E. Smith, Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White player was LUCKY. Because if any team knew those guys would become the HOF all time great players they became, They would have gone much higher than they were drafted..... unless they went 1. The draft is such a crap shoot every year. The last couple of years, we are winning our bets.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Front Offices seem to quickly become "Super Bowl," caliber as soon as they hit that Allen QB. The Bills would be GARBAGE if Allen didnt pop.
No doubt Bills wouldn’t be a SB contender without Allen but they had a great defense and were hovering around .500 basically needing a franchise QB. And they struck gold. But I wouldn’t say they were Garbage.

plymkr

Reaction score
Yes, they could lose in the wild card round and keep that string going but why worry about that now? That's 10 games away and a lot is going to happen between then and now. So, forget then and embrace now.
This season I expected 6 wins total! So with being 6-2 with all the injuries we've had is fun. I'm not worried about playoff seeding or that stuff. I'm just enjoying each win because I honestly thought this would be a redo of 2021. So each win is fun for me. And as frustrating as the front office is with FA, they've done a really good job building this team through the draft. Parsons, Tyler , and the defense is homegrown. I am a self proclaimed Jerry hater but I give him respect and his due for putting together a team than may possibly have 12+ wins in back to back seasons. So I'm enjoying the weekly ride and Jerry is not the best owner but he's not the worst. See Dan Snyder for that one.

Go Cowboys!!!!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I'll give them credit when the season is over depending on what happens in the playoffs.