Few thoughts about Lance vs Dak

Proof

Reaction score
Cooper Rush does not suck... I think he maximizes his ability with a high football IQ. Many teams would love to have him as a backup.
It's funny you say that, I was thinking how much could Lance ask for as a backup? Dak is here for 2 more years because of all of the guaranteed money at the very least.

If we see things we like about Lance in practice this year, let's extend him as a backup for good backup pay. Then we get the benefit of having a new starter (If Lance can start and we move on from Dak after his contract is up) with a reasonable salary for at least a couple of years, of course pending his development?

Aww just throwing spaghetti against the wall here.
5th yr option really makes things difficult.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak has done as much as Watson, Hurts and Jackson. He’ll want as much as Watson, Hurts and Jackson.
I don’t think the Cowboys are going to be cash strapped with an aging Dak Prescott.

Especially after he folded in San Fran last year.

Lance is a total leverage move with huge upside.

It looks like Dak has 2 years to do something and if he demands big money he’ll be gone.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don’t think Lance is close to unseating Dak as the Cowboys starting QB but I do think in a couple years Lance will be able to develop into a player that gets Dak like results for a fraction of the cost.

We’ve seen guys like Andy Dalton have a higher win % in Dallas as our starter and Cooper Rush be 5-1.

I think the Cowboys have Micah’s contract looming plus having to pay Dak elite QB money again and having nothing at all to show for it may cause them to just part ways if Prescott doesn’t have playoff success in the next couple of seasons.
Andy Dalton!? Cooper Rush!!!

btw, how did Andy Dalton have a higher win%...he was 4-6 and choked in the biggest game of the year as he always does.

OMG, this board has gone senile

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Who on defense was throwing the football. Did the game change and now someone on defense throws the ball when the Cowboys are on offense? Damn, that is confusing...
in rams game, Cooper rush threw for all of 100 yards. the defense actually scored and gave him the ball inside the 20....

and you are right cooper rush passed the ball. mostly about 5-10 yards down field given his arm....he led the 22nd ranked offense or worse in every offensive statistical category..

yeah, you have a Rush Crush....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Cooper Rush vs the Rams

10/16
102 yds
0 TD
0 Int

Dak stans: “the defense won that game!”

Dak vs Commanders in 2017

11/22
102 yds
2 TD
0 Int

Dak stans: “dak did what he needed to do to win the game!”
umm, hmmm, you notice, Dak had 2 TDs in that 102 yard game.

Rush? not so much. and you did notice the defense actually scored against the rams. right?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Why does the year matter? The point is, Dak homers will do and say anything to paint him in a positive light while not giving credit to others. He put up the same amount of yards on way worse efficiency and got credit for the win while Rush was carried by the defense….
Why does the year matter? the point is Dak haters will do and say anything to paint him in the worst light while giving credit to others.

btw, Rush didn't put out anything close....he led the 22nd ranked offense in almost every offensive statistical category. yeah. you have a rush crush

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Facts are not your strong point are they?

6 tds and 1 int in his 5 wins in his career and a QB Rating of about 95 in those wins.
while leading the 22nd ranked offense...btw, you shouldn't toot his horn for 6 TDs in 5 games. that's about 1 TD per game...... hmmm, sounds like a back up QB to me...oh wait guess what. that's what he is and should be.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dalton……bwaaaaa!!!!

Why would anyone listen to you? You said mahomes woukdnt be a good qb in the nfl.

You are literally the worst qb evaluator in the history.
oh, good memory. I remember that. I can't remember the two other QBs he was endorsing that year, one of them going undrafted.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Lance won't cost us too much money.

Not only is he on a rookie deal....but also he will never amount to anything and will be off the team in a couple years.

The only reason he got drafted...was the short 2 seconds of fame Carson Wentz got for NDSU.

But there's a reason those guys went to NDSU and not Ohio State or Notre Dame: they suck.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak has done as much as Watson, Hurts and Jackson. He’ll want as much as Watson, Hurts and Jackson.
Watson maybe. Hurts took his team to the superbowl and Jackson has a league MVP. How has Dak matched them?

Brax

Reaction score
Cooper rush wasn’t 5-1, the defense won those games.
On the other side, D played great against SF and Dak lost them that game. Someone once said there’s two sides to that pancake. Superstar Dak outplayed and beat by a rookie Mr irrelevant , so I guess by your standard Dak sucks too which says something as bad as Rush is.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Lance won't cost us too much money.

Not only is he on a rookie deal....but also he will never amount to anything and will be off the team in a couple years.

The only reason he got drafted...was the short 2 seconds of fame Carson Wentz got for NDSU.

But there's a reason those guys went to NDSU and not Ohio State or Notre Dame: they suck.
Oh, does Josh Allen suck because he went to Wyoming?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Cooper Rush vs the Rams

10/16
102 yds
0 TD
0 Int

Dak stans: “the defense won that game!”

Dak vs Commanders in 2017

11/22
102 yds
2 TD
0 Int

Dak stans: “dak did what he needed to do to win the game!”
See I have Google too, and I have an ESPN article tabbed that details Dak played this game with a swollen right (throwing) hand.

But if we point out the FACTS he played this game HURT and it happened in only his SECOND year in the league, it derails the agenda.

Like I have said before, hate Dak all you want, but at least support it with something that stands up better than this. Pulling out a box score and looking at numbers without context is, for lack of a better word, lame.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
On the other side, D played great against SF and Dak lost them that game. Someone once said there’s two sides to that pancake. Superstar Dak outplayed and beat by a rookie Mr irrelevant , so I guess by your standard Dak sucks too which says something as bad as Rush is.
The coaches and the GM lost that game. Predictable game plan and only 1 legit WR.