Few thoughts about Lance vs Dak

Shane612

Reaction score
Despite Lance's upside, quarterback Dak Prescott holds a firm grip on the starting job after making two Pro Bowls and winning 61 games in seven seasons. If he suffered an injury, Dallas would likely turn to backup Cooper Rush, who went 4-1 as a starter last season.
Depends if Dallas is still in the race. If they're not, why not put Lance in to get some reps with no pressure to win any kind of title?

The year matters because both quarterbacks were at different ages and levels of experience at that time in 2017 than they were last year in 2022. Both guys are the same age with Dak only being 4 months older than Cooper.
Has Dak really changed all that much in 4-5 years?
People said he was top 10-12 then, and they're still saying that. Is he ever gonna get better?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Depends if Dallas is still in the race. If they're not, why not put Lance in to get some reps with no pressure to win any kind of title?

Has Dak really changed all that much in 4-5 years?
People said he was top 10-12 then, and they're still saying that. Is he ever gonna get better?
I told y’all the yahoos would be clamoring for Lance to play.

Brax

Reaction score
The coaches and the GM lost that game. Predictable game plan and only 1 legit WR.
The standard it’s never Daks fault, why would anyone expect anything different from you the man of 1001 excuses. Next your tell us about Dak beating up Tampa bay, guess the coaches and game calling got real bad in one week. All I can do is lmao and shake my head at your posts.

visionary

Reaction score
My thoughts:

There is no Lance vs Dak right now. Lance is not a starting QB in the NFL. The best he can be this year is a gadget QB

If he keeps his head down, hits the playbook and the field hard and makes significant (not minor) strides this year then this can even be considered in TC next year. And that is a big big IF

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don’t think Lance is close to unseating Dak as the Cowboys starting QB but I do think in a couple years Lance will be able to develop into a player that gets Dak like results for a fraction of the cost.

We’ve seen guys like Andy Dalton have a higher win % in Dallas as our starter and Cooper Rush be 5-1.

I think the Cowboys have Micah’s contract looming plus having to pay Dak elite QB money again and having nothing at all to show for it may cause them to just part ways if Prescott doesn’t have playoff success in the next couple of seasons.
Dak has the same issues as Romo had. Great regular season QB, sucked in the play offs. It's McCarthy's job to get Dak and this offense moving in the playoffs or they both should be history.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Oh, does Josh Allen suck because he went to Wyoming?
What does Wyoming have to do with North Dakota State?

Wyoming is a legitimate U.S. state.

North Dakota is like in Siberia or something. Only 2 things come from North Dakota: polar bears, and NFL QB busts. And I don't see any white fur on Lance....

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
See I have Google too, and I have an ESPN article tabbed that details Dak played this game with a swollen right (throwing) hand.

But if we point out the FACTS he played this game HURT and it happened in only his SECOND year in the league, it derails the agenda.

Like I have said before, hate Dak all you want, but at least support it with something that stands up better than this. Pulling out a box score and looking at numbers without context is, for lack of a better word, lame.
U dak stans just dont get it.

Swollen hand or not, those were his numbers and the Cowboys won by 3 scores. Why wasnt the narrative the defense won the Cowboys that game?

I could pull up other games during the win streak that he had similar stat lines as Dak.

Its fine if you support/root/stan Dak, but it becomes laughable when yall will discredit other members of this team in his defense

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I told y’all the yahoos would be clamoring for Lance to play.
Is lance a cowboy?

Do you support the cowboys team?

Or the player Dak.

Search your feelings. Think.

I already know your answer. You are not a real cowboys fan. You...are a player fan. Especially since you put your chips all in already.

You have no idea what you have already done. And yet you lecture others for theirs.

You might be a cowboys fan...I admit that. You are just a flawed human like the rest of us.

plymkr

Reaction score
$1500, same amount I won in 1993. What a coincidence. Only won $350 in 95, been really hurting after that.
Nice, I have been curious what the payout would be. Every year I consider betting on the Cowboys to win it all but chicken out.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Andy Dalton!? Cooper Rush!!!

btw, how did Andy Dalton have a higher win%...he was 4-6 and choked in the biggest game of the year as he always does.

OMG, this board has gone senile
So just google Daks win% that year on the same team and you’ll see that Dalton had a better win %.