Final Four thoughts

JayFord

Reaction score
Call me what you want but I want Brady/belichek back in the Super Bowl

But a kc vs la Super Bowl would be bonkers especially if it’s like their first matchup

Hogeboom4TheWin

Reaction score
Agreed. Although, I wouldn't bet against Brady, & Belichek.

I feel the same way about our units. The D was pretty good. Although, not great. Offense was much lower comparatively speaking. I hope they figure it out. I really do. It feels like we are close. I know our fan base is starving for some post season success. While, I feel for the younger generation that has never seen success live, I'm biased, & care more about those of us who lived through the 70's, 80's, & 90's, & have experienced both sides of the roller coaster. To have seen it, experienced it, & go this long with failure, has been tough. I've become immune to the haters (somewhat). We've been the butt of jokes for a couple decades now. Would sure love to see us reach that pinnacle again, & shut em up for a year or two. :cool:

Yeah, it’s been a hard quarter-century if you came up during the Landry hey-day when the Cowboys were to “winning” what the Patriots are today. Here’s hoping that The Great Drought in Playoff Success ends soon.

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
No he really does and it's nothing wrong with that.
If I was a big name actor but put out mediocre movies and I had fans that buy it and made excuses for me I'd love them to.
I get it now. You don't really watch football. Because if you think the team that shut down New Orleans, who at the time was steam rolling teams, and who has never recovered since Dallas dismantled them. Or the team that dominated the Seahawks number one rushing attack and MVP level passer, is mediocre. Then you are not watching. There is nothing about my original post that is not accurate. A great team has come together, despite JJ and his meddling. And was clearly tired, as evidenced by it's most dominant element, it's defense, particularly run defense, being run over. Vander Esch had guys swimming through his arms, like they were water, after weeks of lights out play. He was clearly gassed. As was the whole team.

conner01

Reaction score
Give me my boy Mahomes please!!!
He is fun to watch
That whole offense is fun to watch
But they better be ready because bellicheat is a master of shutting down what you want to do

conner01

Reaction score
All 4 teams had byes.

I guess a bye is good as long as you don't shut the team down the last 6 quarters of the regular season before it like the Cowboys in 2016.
I think the bye is a huge advantage. The players get rest and the staff gets an extra week to figure you out
Our staff would need a month to figure out what a team does and how to stop it

birdwells1

Reaction score
I get it now. You don't really watch football. Because if you think the team that shut down New Orleans, who at the time was steam rolling teams, and who has never recovered since Dallas dismantled them. Or the team that dominated the Seahawks number one rushing attack and MVP level passer, is mediocre. Then you are not watching. There is nothing about my original post that is not accurate. A great team has come together, despite JJ and his meddling. And was clearly tired, as evidenced by it's most dominant element, it's defense, particularly run defense, being run over. Vander Esch had guys swimming through his arms, like they were water, after weeks of lights out play. He was clearly gassed. As was the whole team.

Are you referring to the Saints that are playing the NFCCG at home?

The reason we lost was because the Rams scouted us and noticed that the dline had "tells" that tipped them to where they were going on "90%" of the snaps. I mean why else would the Rams decide that attacking our strength would be a good thing unless they knew that they could be successful?

This team has talent but coaching and mediocre QB play is holding it back. Either get a OC that can transform Dak or get a new qb but we will need to score 28 plus points next year.

CCBoy

Reaction score
After watching todays games, & seeing who's playing in the Conference Championship Games...

Patriots @ Chiefs

Rams @ Saints

Couldn't help but immediately notice, all four teams have explosive offenses. All four teams are where they are, primarily (<---key word) because of their offensive prowess. Without looking up stats, I believe these are four highest scoring offenses in the league.

The old adage of defense wins championships, sure isn't going to apply this year.

Looking at them a little closer, you've got 2 aging veteran pocket passers, & 2 young stud mobile QB's. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out, who wins, & how.

I hope Jerry & Co. pay attention to what's going on here. This is precisely the direction the league has been trying to move.

While, our deficiencies on defense were exposed last night, we need a more potent offense to compete with the likes of these teams, & the similar teams that will be coming. The league is very copy cat. This formula is going to be replicated, or at minimum attempted to be replicated by plenty of others.

So... while trying to fill the weak spots on our defense this off season, please don't leave the status quo with our offense. We need some help there too, or we'll be sitting here watching other teams Championship weekend next year too.....

Thoughts..?
Red Zone was way too ineffective to force games in the desired directions for Dallas. Playing from behind changes other team's play

RD21

Reaction score
Red Zone was way too ineffective to force games in the desired directions for Dallas. Playing from behind changes other team's play
Definitely agree. Multiple games this year would've ended differently had we scored TD's instead of FG's in the red zone. A little creativity would go a long ways there.....

CCBoy

Reaction score
Definitely agree. Multiple games this year would've ended differently had we scored TD's instead of FG's in the red zone. A little creativity would go a long ways there.....
8 of the Dallas wins were dependent upon a final series. Next season, the Cowboys will be playing a first place schedule. Dallas will need more of an offensive dominance.

RD21

Reaction score
Yeah, it’s been a hard quarter-century if you came up during the Landry hey-day when the Cowboys were to “winning” what the Patriots are today. Here’s hoping that The Great Drought in Playoff Success ends soon.
Agreed.

Most of the haters today, hate us because it's in vogue to hate the Cowboys. In the 70's - 90's, they hated us because they wanted to be us. The hate used to come from our enormous success. As you stated, much like the Patriots of today. Today's hate is just mean spirited...lol. It doesn't come from success. It comes from us dominating the market on fans, & television. We're always talked about. We're always in the spotlight. Many (especially younger) fans from other teams hate that a team who hasn't done squat in the lifetime, or most of it, is forefront in everything NFL related but success.

The most watched regular season games year after year, are Cowboys games. We dominate prime time, & the news cycle of the NFL. If Jerry Jones farts, it's news. I live in Virginia. There was only 1 game this year that wasn't on my local network/s. Lots of fans hate that. I could never justify paying DirecTV $400 for one game. That would be insane. Although, I'd love to see an ala carte option.

RD21

Reaction score
8 of the Dallas wins were dependent upon a final series. Next season, the Cowboys will be playing a first place schedule. Dallas will need more of an offensive dominance.
Yup. Anyone who thinks it will be easy to get back to where we were this year, is naïve. If we don't make significant improvements, it will be very tough, just to get to the same plateau as this season, let alone further.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
How utterly unfounded all the ridicule directed toward Andy Reid on this board has been over the years. He's a heckuva coach.

Oh sure, if you like winning lots of games. But he's only been to one SB, and he lost that one. When he has a dominating quarterback as in McNabb and now Mahomes, yeah he does well.

But in his last 6 playoffs before this year his record is 1-6. Typically he chokes in the big games, mostly due to poor clock management.

Now I like Reid, he's a quality guy and has had to deal with a lot of off the field issues. He is a very good coach.

But if you're looking for championships, he's not done well at all. Maybe this is the year he breaks through, wouldn't mind that at all, except that it's not Dallas that broke through.

Personally I want to see a Chiefs-Rams SB, both have 1 SB title. Not near Dallas' record. But if the Pats win, it pushes them more up to Dallas' level, higher if you count championships. Saints win, I have to hear that for a year from the obnoxious (not all of them, I have to say, but too many) Saints fans about how great they are....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I live in Virginia. There was only 1 game this year that wasn't on my local network/s

I live in Louisiana, same here. Couple of years ago I missed several a year, but with the resurgence of the Cowboys being in the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years, Zeke winning rushing titles and the defense perking up, they get on more often...

RD21

Reaction score
Oh sure, if you like winning lots of games. But he's only been to one SB, and he lost that one. When he has a dominating quarterback as in McNabb and now Mahomes, yeah he does well.

But in his last 6 playoffs before this year his record is 1-6. Typically he chokes in the big games, mostly due to poor clock management.

Now I like Reid, he's a quality guy and has had to deal with a lot of off the field issues. He is a very good coach.

But if you're looking for championships, he's not done well at all. Maybe this is the year he breaks through, wouldn't mind that at all, except that it's not Dallas that broke through.

Personally I want to see a Chiefs-Rams SB, both have 1 SB title. Not near Dallas' record. But if the Pats win, it pushes them more up to Dallas' level, higher if you count championships. Saints win, I have to hear that for a year from the obnoxious (not all of them, I have to say, but too many) Saints fans about how great they are....
I like Reid as well. I kinda feel sorry for the guy, with the personal tragedy he's experienced. The fact that he is a choker used to bring me great joy. Now that he's no longer in our division, I can root for the guy :cool:

Me personally, I don't care who wins, I just wanna see a great game. I kind of like Brady, & Belichek. Brady because he's a great player, & because so many fans are triggered by him...lol. Belichek because, well..... cause he's Belichek. He's a legend of a coach, & has put himself in the company of some all time greats. From Landry, to Knoll, to Lombardi. He has a great football mind, almost always has his players prepared for anything, & nobody handles the media better. He's an old school coach who the game hasn't passed by. It will be interesting to see how he does when Brady retires, providing he doesn't.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Our passing game needs some major upgrades. Need OL help, TE, and WR.
We have one of the better, young WR tandems in the league going forward.
Maybe WR depth would get us to the perfect world though.

If Freddy comes back, well have one if the better olines too. But I can see us adding depth there too.

The extremely young TE was coming on too, but I guess if a ringer is available we could go for it.

Flamma

Reaction score

Super Bowls 1 through 4, also known as the AFL VS NFL games, I don't even count. That was also before my time so I can't tell you the mood at the time. But how seriously did the NFL teams take that game? The Colts and Vikings already won the NFL title the week prior. How up for this game were they? Super Bowls 1 through 4 were glorified exhibition games. Neither the Jets or Chiefs played a single game against an NFL team all year. Then they win their AFL title and play the winner of the NFL. Ok, so they won a bragging rights game. I wouldn't count that equal to winning an actual league championship game.

Rayman70

Reaction score
cant bet against the Patriots. Going with them to win...THEN on the otherside..I think the Rams have too much for the SAINTS to contend with. Brees proved he isn't Superman. Rams will win that game. Rams Patriots SB.

Flamma

Reaction score
cant bet against the Patriots. Going with them to win...THEN on the otherside..I think the Rams have too much for the SAINTS to contend with. Brees proved he isn't Superman. Rams will win that game. Rams Patriots SB.

Only three times since Super Bowl V have both away teams in the championship games went to the SB. It's hard for me to believe this will be the 4th. But I have no idea who will win these games. Too tough to call.