Final PFF Grades & Rankings A Season To Forget

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder if Jaylon is swiping his way through the strip clubs celebrating his top 50 ranking.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks @Hennessy_King for putting that together.

I've gotta question a system that ranks Bell and Schultz 40th and 41st.

Also Crawford is ranked higher than Gallimore.

There's no case there. Kinda ruins the credibility of all else.

Sure there is a case and PFF made a much better one than you did.

aria

Reaction score
In regards to how much someone makes? Yes, I don't care. That's just chat fodder among fans to let the offseason go by quicker. I've seen this team be in salary cap hell....I've never once seen Jerry not be able to sign someone he wanted to because of "salary cap hell". So yeah I'm not really for hearing excuses for this organization because of salary cap hell. That's just a excuse for Stephen to continue to be cheap.

You know how sad things are around here? I'm victim of this to but when we discuss players coming in...Stephen has programmed us to say stuff like "Well....for the right price I'll take him" or "He's going to cost too much for us". Naw I haven't to stop doing that because that's giving this organization a pass to keep bargain shopping.
So you really think Jerry has signed every FA that he’s wanted? You think Jerry passed on Richard Sherman because he thought our secondary didn’t need any upgrades at the time? Same with Suh and the d line? That’s absurd, even Jerry knows there are problems with this roster and have been problems with the roster in the past and to think of all the times he passed up on certain FA’s that the salary cap had nothing to do with it is absolutely ridiculous.

You really think he would have let Byron Jones walk if the cap wasn’t an issue? Give me a break. Other than Jerry having Jimmy (which was huge) you don’t think a lot of those Super Bowl rosters were coincidentally put together when there wasn’t a salary cap in place? Jerry would buy the next ten Super Bowls if he could, his wallet wouldn’t get in the way of his ego.

You are so out of touch with reality it’s comical. You sound like a conspiracy theorist “the salary cap really doesn’t exist, it’s just made up and gives something for people to talk about”. If that was the case I guess all 32 millionaire/billionaire owners are cheap and don’t want to build a winning roster since none of them have every best FA and player on their team like certain basketball teams do.

You never cease to amaze me with your lack of intelligence. It’s almost as if you purposely say certain things just to get a reaction out of people. BTW, I love how you say you’ll talk about the salary cap and when I ask you about it your discussion is that it doesn’t exist :lmao: I knew you would provide valuable insight and you didn’t let me down.

Last edited:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
So you really think Jerry has signed every FA that he’s wanted? You think Jerry passed on Richard Sherman because he thought our secondary didn’t need any upgrades at the time? Same with Suh and the d line? That’s absurd, even Jerry knows there are problems with this roster and have been problems with the roster in the past and to think of all the times he passed up on certain FA’s that the salary cap had nothing to do with it is absolutely ridiculous.

You really think he would have let Byron Jones walk if the cap wasn’t an issue? Give me a break. Other than Jerry having Jimmy (which was huge) you don’t think a lot of those Super Bowl rosters were coincidentally put together when there wasn’t a salary cap in place? Jerry would buy the next ten Super Bowls if he could, his wallet wouldn’t get in the way of his ego.

You are so out of touch with reality it’s comical. You sound like a conspiracy theorist “the salary cap really doesn’t exist, it’s just made up and gives something for people to talk about”. If that was the case I guess all 32 millionaire/billionaire owners are cheap and don’t want to build a winning roster since none of them have every best FA and player on their team like certain basketball teams do.

You never cease to amaze me with your lack of intelligence. It’s almost as if you purposely say certain things just to get a reaction out of people. BTW, I love how you say you’ll talk about the salary cap and when I ask you about it your discussion is that it doesn’t exist :lmao: I knew you would provide valuable insight and you didn’t let me down.
Jerry would buy a dynasty like the Patriots if he could. He'd spend.
But things are now complicated due to his own machinations of starting the salary cap.

Now we're here.
yaaaaaaaaay

But, in all honesty, the cap is good for the league.
Kudos to him for that.
Crappy for us for that.

aria

Reaction score
Jerry would buy a dynasty like the Patriots if he could. He'd spend.
But things are now complicated due to his own machinations of starting the salary cap.

Now we're here.
yaaaaaaaaay

But, in all honesty, the cap is good for the league.
Kudos to him for that.
Crappy for us for that.

Completely agree, some people hate the cap but it creates parity. I would hate to see even someone like Jerry just buy championship after championship. It would take most of the fun out of the draft, playoffs, FA, trades, etc.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Maybe PFF low balled Knight in the back half of the season. I hope so.

I meant that Steele *would* have been PS in a normal year. Next year, he's competing swing T, but Knight is probably still better, despite the PFF fall.

Mitch Hyatt may break into the competition. Lots of talk his rookie season as a "steal", but said to have needed more power. Now has two seasons with the Cowboys. We should see a guy ready to show what he's got next year.
I agree on all of the above. I actually forgot about Hyatt.....what is he doing just on PS?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I never denied any of that. I'm simply saying they all suck yet there's only one we hear about sucking among fans.....all because he "swipes" or celebrates...if LVE was even out of position I'd consider that a positive play for him being he can't even get on the field to begin with.
:thumbup:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

You misunderstood me I'm not saying free agents I'm talking about his own players. He never lost a talent because of "salary cap hell".

You're the one out of touch with reality constantly eating and feeding off of what ever Stephen tells you......sorry I been watching too much football to believe that you can't restructure contracts to fit deals under the salary cap. Every team does it.

Of course he let Byron walk wth do you mean?

So you think he let Byron walk because he was in salary cap hell? So where the hell did they get the money to sign Haha, Zeurlin, Poe, McCoy and Everton Griffen lol? They didn't re-sign Byron because they knew he wasn't worth that money and thus far they were proven right. Same reason they didn't re-sign Demarco Murray.
There's no conspiracy.....that's your comprehension skills leading you to there...what I'm saying is the Cowboys aren't in salary cap hell to where they can't sign anyone and Dak's 40 million won't change that. Eagles are salary cap hell. Cowboys have so many contracts they can get from under 2 years from now....Stephen is a bargain shopper. Just because he approaches free agency the way he does doesn't mean they're in salary cap hell.

ondaedg

Reaction score
For all the hatred Jaylon gets....he has the highest grade among linebackers...seems like some others should be getting that hatred to......

Not saying he deserves hatred but 50th isn't exactly adrenaline inducing. :laugh:

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
You misunderstood me I'm not saying free agents I'm talking about his own players. He never lost a talent because of "salary cap hell".

You're the one out of touch with reality constantly eating and feeding off of what ever Stephen tells you......sorry I been watching too much football to believe that you can't restructure contracts to fit deals under the salary cap. Every team does it.

So you think he let Byron walk because he was in salary cap hell? So where the hell did they get the money to sign Haha, Zeurlin, Poe, McCoy and Everton Griffen lol? They didn't re-sign Byron because they knew he wasn't worth that money and thus far they were proven right. Same reason they didn't re-sign Demarco Murray.
There's no conspiracy.....that's your comprehension skills leading you to there...what I'm saying is the Cowboys aren't in salary cap hell to where they can't sign anyone and Dak's 40 million won't change that. Eagles are salary cap hell. Cowboys have so many contracts they can get from under 2 years from now....Stephen is a bargain shopper. Just because he approaches free agency the way he does doesn't mean they're in salary cap hell.
I don't think any of those guys are even making over $5 million lol. This defense would be much better with Byron Jones playing than Awuzie or Anthony Brown.

aria

Reaction score

Salary cap hell or just being restricted by the salary cap, call it whatever you want. You said “I’ve never seen Jerry not be able to sign someone he wanted because of salary cap hell”. You never specified his own players, FA’s or otherwise.

I think he let Byron walk because of the salary cap, he chose to sign guys like Jaylon and zeke instead which was 100% the wrong decision. So you’re telling me they could have easily restructured salaries and kept Byron if they wanted to? Maybe but then they wouldn’t be able to afford Dak or players with upcoming contracts and that’s all due to the salary cap. Byron wasn’t worth it according to you as our secondary got torched but 4 out of the 5 guys you mention that they signed instead of Byron didn’t even finish the season with the Cowboys, lol. Great point!

You make it seem like the salary cap doesn’t exist as in a non issue. You also keep talking about Stephen being cheap like he’s paying for these contracts out of his own pocket, lol.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
For all the hatred Jaylon gets....he has the highest grade among linebackers...seems like some others should be getting that hatred to......
Precisely.
Might also look at those DL in front of him ranking in the 100s... yes 100s lol.
His 50th would make him a mediocre 2nd LB on an NFL team.
DT's and Safeties in the 100s would rank 3rd DT on a per team basis and many teams only start 1 DT.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I don't think any of those guys are even making over $5 million lol. This defense would be much better with Byron Jones playing than Awuzie or Anthony Brown.
BJ31 had issues this year with a groin injury and He missed 2 FULL games which isn't much but he struggled for 5-6 weeks after that.
His counterpart at CB made All-Pro and was far better than BJ31.
BJ31 only made it 3 plays covering all pro Diggs before the groin injury.
In all likelihood had Dallas paid BJ31 what it cost he'd have just been another Dallas defender getting abused by an irate fan base.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Yeah that's some crap this Cowboys team spent money on Worley, Carr, McCoy, Poe, Dix and Griffen......hell they spent about 13-14 million cutting those guys right after signing them. They paid those guys to play for other teams lol....but you want me to believe they didn't have the money to re-sign Byron? The correct moves as not to re-sign him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Precisely.
Might also look at those DL in front of him ranking in the 100s... yes 100s lol.
His 50th would make him a mediocre 2nd LB on an NFL team.
DT's and Safeties in the 100s would rank 3rd DT on a per team basis and many teams only start 1 DT.

Agree 100%...that's the real issue with this team. Fix the interior of the defensive line and you will say everyone play better. From the edge rushers to the linebackers to the secondary......
Salary cap hell or just being restricted by the salary cap, call it whatever you want. You said “I’ve never seen Jerry not be able to sign someone he wanted because of salary cap hell”. You never specified his own players, FA’s or otherwise.

I think he let Byron walk because of the salary cap, he chose to sign guys like Jaylon and zeke instead which was 100% the wrong decision. So you’re telling me they could have easily restructured salaries and kept Byron if they wanted to? Maybe but then they wouldn’t be able to afford Dak or players with upcoming contracts and that’s all due to the salary cap. Byron wasn’t worth it according to you as our secondary got torched but 4 out of the 5 guys you mention that they signed instead of Byron didn’t even finish the season with the Cowboys, lol. Great point!

You make it seem like the salary cap doesn’t exist as in a non issue. You also keep talking about Stephen being cheap like he’s paying for these contracts out of his own pocket, lol.
I never said the salary cap doesn't exist I'm just saying its not the worry that Stephen leads you to believe. He let Byron walk because he wasn't worth the money he got.

Yes. They chose Jaylon and Zeke over Byron. 100% they did. And man you must've not watched Byron get torched this year...he's the #2 on the Dolphins...he's now the guy teams "attack". Howard is the playmaker back there.

BTW.......Diggs had 51 tackles, 3 INT's and allowed 45 receptions on 76 targets.......
Byron had 34 tackles 2 interceptions and allowed 40 receptions on 61 targets.....

One of these guys was a rookie btw.

And yes they could've easily re-signed Dak and Byron Jones. That 32 million cap hit wouldn't have been a 32 million cap hit if they had re-signed Dak it would've been less than that.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Agree 100%...that's the real issue with this team. Fix the interior of the defensive line and you will say everyone play better. From the edge rushers to the linebackers to the secondary......

I never said the salary cap doesn't exist I'm just saying its not the worry that Stephen leads you to believe. He let Byron walk because he wasn't worth the money he got.

Yes. They chose Jaylon and Zeke over Byron. 100% they did. And man you must've not watched Byron get torched this year...he's the #2 on the Dolphins...he's now the guy teams "attack". Howard is the playmaker back there.

BTW.......Diggs had 51 tackles, 3 INT's and allowed 45 receptions on 76 targets.......
Byron had 34 tackles 2 interceptions and allowed 40 receptions on 61 targets.....

And yes they could've easily re-signed Dak and Byron Jones. That 32 million cap hit wouldn't have been a 32 million cap hit if they had re-signed Dak it would've been less than that.
Either the salary cap prevented them from keeping Byron Jones or they thought Byron Jones was worse than Awuzie and Anthony Brown. PFF has Byron Jones ranked better than every corner on our team.

Last edited:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

Think some of these comments were addressed to others as I don't disagree with most of this.
BJ31 struggled with health this year and wasn't even close to the top CB on his own team.
Passing on him looks like the right move even if it sucked this year.

I don't think they "chose" Zeke and Jaylon over Byron. If Byron would have taken Jaylon's deal he would be here long term but top CB on the market was worth 20M a year.
If anything you can say they chose Amari over BJ31 as they had mirrored costs. And while they control how often they target Amari they can't control team's just avoiding Byron.
Zeke's deal was forced on them a year or TWO earlier than they wanted and they were not ready to be without him in a year they "thought" they had SB aspirations.