Fire Kellen Moore

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MM is still trying to figure out this offense. On paper we look outstanding. Take last week for example, dak threw for 250 yards, 1 td, took 1 sack no int's, no fumbles. On paper it isn't horrible. Lady year Dak had a career high in passing yards and passing TD's. MM is now learning that Dak is great at putting up solid numbers that do not correlate to wins. What he needs to do now is guide Moore in his play calling selection. I will not be surprised to see MM role increase but his offense in green at sucked too, rogers saved his butt for many years.

So the bar is "isn't horrible"?

I still think we need to look beyond the stats. Some might call it the "eye test". What do you SEE?

starfan1

Reaction score
So the bar is "isn't horrible"?

I still think we need to look beyond the stats. Some might call it the "eye test". What do you SEE?
You give me a chuckle Steve. over and over you have been clear about not disliking Dak yet you can be found in multiple threads that have sometimes ridiculous criticism of Dak being an active participant in those threads(a tell tale sign im told). Your entitiled to your opinion and I respect that but why half step it.

Its really apparent you are 90% on on the way. You can jump in the Pappypup and Khalidi , and Willie B pool there is room there. You have the ability to full flege hater i think your beyond half stepping it. You can not like a player and still root for them it has nothing to do with them as a person heck i do it every sunday with Dlaw and Zeke.

Now it does take a bit of trolling skill to be like pappypup and khalidi dont go that far but its becoming apparent you have very little faith in dak but yet you were a known Romo defender. They are virtually the same QB. Ones a bit more accurate the other is more reliable both failed at some level by the organization. your eye test can attest to all the untimely picks cant it?

pitt33

Reaction score
He calls what he thinks Dak can do. Just like Linehan did.

When will people realize this?

If Mahomes was our QB, the playcalling would look very different.
I too believe this to be the case. Jimmy Johnson went on record saying the exact same thing.

The fans of this team should accept this for what it/he is.

I know I have.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
As I predicted months ago say hello to our new Dak-Scapegoat down in Big D......
Kellen in long standing tradition here in Big D we devour coaches like candy not to face the reality of the constant problem we have on our offense.....Dak (Can only beat DOG teams) Prescott!!!
13278813.jpg
I predict you disappear for a long period again this season and when you come back you’ll act like you had some issue and it was coincidental. Again. :)

Aven8

Reaction score
I just looked up the TOP for the game.....we had the ball for 24 minutes and they had is for 35. They had 422 yards and we had 380. That’s our problem....the defense couldn’t get off the field early. That’s a lot of yards for 24 minutes of play.

I’m not panicking......we led at halftime and still had the chance to tie. We had 11:42 left in the game when he went for it on 4th down too. That’s a ton of time.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You give me a chuckle Steve. over and over you have been clear about not disliking Dak yet you can be found in multiple threads that have sometimes ridiculous criticism of Dak being an active participant in those threads(a tell tale sign im told). Your entitiled to your opinion and I respect that but why half step it.

Its really apparent you are 90% on on the way. You can jump in the Pappypup and Khalidi , and Willie B pool there is room there. You have the ability to full flege hater i think your beyond half stepping it. You can not like a player and still root for them it has nothing to do with them as a person heck i do it every sunday with Dlaw and Zeke.

Now it does take a bit of trolling skill to be like pappypup and khalidi dont go that far but its becoming apparent you have very little faith in dak but yet you were a known Romo defender. They are virtually the same QB. Ones a bit more accurate the other is more reliable both failed at some level by the organization. your eye test can attest to all the untimely picks cant it?

Okay....first off....please....don't put me in the same boat as pappy. That discredits your criticism of me right off the bat.

Secondly...please...tell me what I have said about Dak that is unfair or unwarranted? You will have to be specific.

Third....I RARELY mention Romo and Dak in the same comment. I NEVER compare the two. EVER. It often comes up in the same thread of course, by other people. . And I ONLY "defend" Romo when someone says asinine things like "choker". I remember games that Romo went out time after time to try to will his team to a win. Defense caved every time. It's only a matter of time until the odds turn or you run out of time. And he HAD to take chances. No other choice. And I believe it's true that he made very average receivers look good. None of them went anywhere else and did anything.

Yep...there were times Romo broke my heart. But he had enough courage to put the team on his back and take the shots. And yes....I of course wonder what this team could have accomplished in 2016. Romo's last drive was surgical. But...that's long in the past. I don;t dwell on it unless some idiot starts in on it. Truly unfair criticism and the stats show it.

I have time and time again...given Dak credit. I have defended that OPI penalty as unfair and a great pass by Dak. That could very easily been chalked up as a 4th gtr game winning drive. I have given him credit for the way he walked into Dallas and handled the intense pressure of being THEE Dallas Cowboys Quarterback. But you don;t see those....completely blind to them because it doesn't serve your agenda. What agenda? Trying to trap me between Romosexual/zekesexual and Dak Hate.

This "eye test" i mentioned? It was meant to be a truly objective question. I'm tired of picking out stats to show one thing or the other. "There are lies, damn lies, and statistics."

When you say "Steve you're half way there go ahead and take the last few steps". What you fail to understand is that makes me neither a "homer" nor "hater". I'm not going one way nor the other just yet. I'm not joining either camp. One of the"homers" had the nerve to actually tell me "don't criticize Dak". That's a big ** from me. True story I swear...I'd have a tough time finding it now.

So you want me to say something bad about Zeke? I've said it MANY MANY times. I didn't like his hold out, didn't like the contract much although I have been told it's not that bad on the back end of it. And I didn't like the way he came back to the team after it. Not a fan of feed me. I Want him to get back to the huddle and get to work. Said it many times.
I criticized the defense in the rams game. This vaunted D line got crushed and we were slow to the ball every time.

If you think I don't criticize other parts of this team...you are flat out nuts.

Now...I will ask again....what have I said that is so unfair to Dak?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Please provide me with a direct quote from McCarthy where he said that he was going to call all of the plays. I seemed to have missed that one. I do recall him saying shortly after accepting the job that they were keeping Moore as OC and that Moore would continue to call the plays.

In early January of this year if you go back through Blogging the Boys the general thought was McCarthy was definitely leaning towards calling his own plays, although it was not written in stone. He had remarked that the only time he gave up play calling at Green Bay was for a limited time and that it was a mistake. He took the play calling back. The following season McCarthy told Tom Pelissero he would "never give up play calling again".
He told 105.3 that he "loved play calling".
In Late December in his interview with Peter King, he told King that "the play caller on Sunday should be the same person who installed the offense on Wed, Thurs, and Fri", leaving the impression he would be strongly involved in that process, but again, no promises.

As far as I can tell, it was reported on Jan 16 that Moore would be calling plays. Prior to that, there was talk that Moore had been offered a job as OC for the University of Washington. I don't know the timing or details of all that or how it fit into the situation with McCarthy.
I can find no "direct quote from McCarthy" himself as you requested.
Based on the interviews and the context of his various statements, I drew the same impression that so many were reporting, that he would most likely be calling plays, but again it was not written in stone.
I still believe that was MM's preference, but who knows what all factors entered into the situation leading to the final decision.

Last edited:

efh313

Reaction score
But that was not McCarthy's original plan. MM was planning to call his own plays, till all of a sudden everything changed. I suspect Jerry had a hand in that change.
AHA was unaware of that... :angry:Wonder what went wrong!?
Man I want MM calling plays so badly it hurts!!

Buzzbait

Reaction score
AHA was unaware of that... :angry:Wonder what went wrong!?
Man I want MM calling plays so badly it hurts!!
I should've said based on the available evidence, I don't believe that was his original desire.
I'd like to have seen MM calling plays as well, but it is what it is I guess.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I predict you disappear for a long period again this season and when you come back you’ll act like you had some issue and it was coincidental. Again. :)
I almost did after one of your Dak-Trolls insulted my mother,wife,also mentioned something about his dog (Animal Sex).
But after further consideration it would be a shame to leave this great site in the hands of the Dak-trolls like yourself and the very low level of football intellect you guys post here daily.
Pucker up buttercup as things will only get more difficult for the Dak man!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is a running QB. Our offense does not feature the QB run.
He can't pass and ya he's not a running QB like Jackson etc so tell us now why is he starting again?
Cause he's Dak and the most prestigious franchise in the world is at his mercy I guess.....:facepalm:

starfan1

Reaction score
Okay....first off....please....don't put me in the same boat as pappy. That discredits your criticism of me right off the bat.

Secondly...please...tell me what I have said about Dak that is unfair or unwarranted? You will have to be specific. The latest I can remember is the 4th down failure was basically daks fault but there are others

Third....I RARELY mention Romo and Dak in the same comment. I NEVER compare the two. EVER. It often comes up in the same thread of course, by other people. . And I ONLY "defend" Romo when someone says asinine things like "choker". I remember games that Romo went out time after time to try to will his team to a win. Defense caved every time. It's only a matter of time until the odds turn or you run out of time. And he HAD to take chances. No other choice. And I believe it's true that he made very average receivers look good. None of them went anywhere else and did anything.

Yep...there were times Romo broke my heart. But he had enough courage to put the team on his back and take the shots. And yes....I of course wonder what this team could have accomplished in 2016. Romo's last drive was surgical. But...that's long in the past. I don;t dwell on it unless some idiot starts in on it. Truly unfair criticism and the stats show it.

I have time and time again...given Dak credit. I have defended that OPI penalty as unfair and a great pass by Dak. That could very easily been chalked up as a 4th gtr game winning drive. I have given him credit for the way he walked into Dallas and handled the intense pressure of being THEE Dallas Cowboys Quarterback. But you don;t see those....completely blind to them because it doesn't serve your agenda. What agenda? Trying to trap me between Romosexual/zekesexual and Dak Hate.

This "eye test" i mentioned? It was meant to be a truly objective question. I'm tired of picking out stats to show one thing or the other. "There are lies, damn lies, and statistics." dont these 2 highlighted statements contradict one another? I mean stats were important for 1 QB not so much for another but we do have the eye test.

When you say "Steve you're half way there go ahead and take the last few steps". What you fail to understand is that makes me neither a "homer" nor "hater". I'm not going one way nor the other just yet. I'm not joining either camp. One of the"homers" had the nerve to actually tell me "don't criticize Dak". That's a big ** from me. True story I swear...I'd have a tough time finding it now. Hold true to who you are

So you want me to say something bad about Zeke? I've said it MANY MANY times. I didn't like his hold out, didn't like the contract much although I have been told it's not that bad on the back end of it. And I didn't like the way he came back to the team after it. Not a fan of feed me. I Want him to get back to the huddle and get to work. Said it many times.
I criticized the defense in the rams game. This vaunted D line got crushed and we were slow to the ball every time.

If you think I don't criticize other parts of this team...you are flat out nuts.

Now...I will ask again....what have I said that is so unfair to Dak?

Dude im not going though all the threads you can if you wish. You know how you feel and you know what you have said as do I. I was busting your chops a little about the Pappy and Khalidi i know you arent them no one is. remember we have been posting in same forums for a long time and I know pretty much how you view things and its changed and that's ok. One thing that hasnt change is your defensive as hell. Know that nothing I ever say to you is personal its observation and you appear to be souring on dak at a much quicker level than i am. Although if one flaw in general dont get better quick ill be right with you.

and im not going to stop busting your chops and i hope you dont stop busting mine.Its how we established our online comradery.

NotForLong

Reaction score

You better hurry up and get on board because the Dak show is coming to a close. . . soon He will nit be here to HATE
:popcorn:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He calls what he thinks Dak can do. Just like Linehan did.

When will people realize this?

If Mahomes was our QB, the playcalling would look very different.

I sincerely doubt Dak can't fake a handoff to Zeke and toss a short pass to a tight end. Did we see that type of play? Have to ask because I was still in hurricane recovery mode and didn't have a tv to watch, cable out and both local tv stations lost their towers. But from reading comments here it appears there was little if any even basic motion, etc. done.

So if not, then it would appear the lack of creativity was solely due to coaching decisions that thought they weren't necessary, or that basic stuff would work, not because Dak is incapable of running a different type of offense.

But I'm sure there were people in 1993 that were writing off the season because Emmitt wasn't signed and the team lost the first 2 games, the "we're doomed" reaction. Of course that team was much different, coming off a SB blowout win, not saying this is the same type of team. Just saying that those first 2 games weren't what the team was capable of, and certainly not representative of what was to come.

Let's quit hyperventilating over a first game, on the road, after no pre-season games, with new coaches and new players, loss....

glimmerman

Reaction score
On the bright side they're *almost* forced into playing that offense. Pollard is about a zillion times better than any other possible 5th Man, and he gives you the backfield misdirection.

Are they gonna put Schultz on the field instead of Pollard? Really?
Just freaking do it and quit playing around. They act like they don’t want to show anything to early.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let me ask a question. If you have Mahomes, Rodgers, Jackson or Wilson as an OC, are you going to call your game a little differently, maybe a little more aggressive?

Pederson was too aggressive with Wentz and it cost him the game. McVay was conservative with Goff and he won his game.

I don't care how well you think you know this QB, this OC knows him better than you do. An OC's job is to balance putting his QB in his best situation to succeed and keeping him out of trouble. If you think having ?'s at LG, C and RT do not affect what he calls, think again.