Fireside Chat

ESisback

Reaction score
That would have a great gesture, if we'd had any notice. No poster openly wanted that more than coogi.

I actually was asked by Quick one time and was flattered but had some reservations. I called the guy Quick gave me the number for and he never returned the call but I had already decided against it. I guess the guy took one look at my posts and thought 'what the hell'? Surprised he didn't give Quick a timeout.

As a founding member of the PJG and a major stockholder in Reynolds Wrap, I knew I didn't have a ghost of a chance, so I actually went off the reservation a few times to distance myself from any kind of consideration. Ignorance is bliss!✌

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As a founding member of the PJG and a major stockholder in Reynolds Wrap, I knew I didn't have a ghost of a chance, so I actually went off the reservation a few times to distance myself from any kind of consideration. Ignorance is bliss!✌
Yes, as an officer in the PJG, modhood would have been a major conflict of interest.

ESisback

Reaction score
How far is that from ya ES? I thought he was in Harrisburg? btw getting ready to make my yearly trip to gettysburg this spring.
About 2 hours. York is a little SE of Harrisburg, not far from Reading. Coogs moved there a couple of years ago. Did you know the band Live (Lightning Crashes) is from York?

Xelda

Reaction score
Gamewatcher
SSC
Starhart
Stick
Pape (I liked him even though he's a Patriots fan)
The Giants fans got quiet while the Eagles fans tried to take over.
I should be politically correct and say I miss them too, but I'd rather talk trash about their teams than be polite.

CapnB

Reaction score
Gamewatcher
SSC
Starhart
Stick

Starhart only stayed in the article side. He never hung out on the other side much. Him and a few others that hung out over there thought we were stupid. And they were right to a point. But their stupid was our genius............. Or something

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Starhart only stayed in the article side. He never hung out on the other side much. Him and a few others that hung out over there thought we were stupid. And they were right to a point. But their stupid was our genius............. Or something
From what I heard, there was some arrogance on that side and playing Pee Wee Herman's game of "I know you are but what am I?"

There were posters over there that were just serious. Some didn't spend a lot of time there so when they were there, they wanted to talk football. We talked football but we are more well rounded and able to handle several useless conversations at a time.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Gamewatcher
SSC
Starhart
Stick
Pape (I liked him even though he's a Patriots fan)
The Giants fans got quiet while the Eagles fans tried to take over.
I should be politically correct and say I miss them too, but I'd rather talk trash about their teams than be polite.
Gamewatcher is Themdangmartians here, I think.
Pape is Pape here, I believe as well.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How far is that from ya ES? I thought he was in Harrisburg? btw getting ready to make my yearly trip to Gettysburg this spring.
Man, I really like that place and I am famous with that guy that owns the burger place in the middle of town, if he still owns it. I coined the phrase "Gettysburger" for his burger and the waitress told him and he came out and asked me for permission to use it. I don't know how long the guy had been in business but Gettysburger would have been my first act. And this was back in 90 before the designer burgers were in vogue and he made one of the best I had ever tasted.

Everyone should make that trip if they can and stand on Big Round Top and take all that happened within your eyesight. It is a very emotional to stand where 50,000 young Americans died in a few days and it took years to reach 58,000 in Vietnam.

Hershey is another cool place to visit. Anyone that ever failed should read his story and what he did when he finally achieved success.

cern

Reaction score
From what I heard, there was some arrogance on that side and playing Pee Wee Herman's game of "I know you are but what am I?"

There were posters over there that were just serious. Some didn't spend a lot of time there so when they were there, they wanted to talk football. We talked football but we are more well rounded and able to handle several useless conversations at a time.
we were multitaskers. the mod (tristar) allowed us to talk politics and other things non football related as long as we didn't go overboard with insults. "the glitch" was better understood by the news crew. many agreed with me. lots of far rightwing thinkers, but no harm, no foul.:)

CapnB

Reaction score
Man, I really like that place and I am famous with that guy that owns the burger place in the middle of town, if he still owns it. I coined the phrase "Gettysburger" for his burger and the waitress told him and he came out and asked me for permission to use it. I don't know how long the guy had been in business but Gettysburger would have been my first act. And this was back in 90 before the designer burgers were in vogue and he made one of the best I had ever tasted.

Everyone should make that trip if they can and stand on Big Round Top and take all that happened within your eyesight. It is a very emotional to stand where 50,000 young Americans died in a few days and it took years to reach 58,000 in Vietnam.

Hershey is another cool place to visit. Anyone that ever failed should read his story and what he did when he finally achieved success.

Indeed CC. I've been there 4 times, and each time I go is like the first. Whats awesome is, big round top and little round top overlooking devils den, and the valley of death are usually just the main areas people know of. Theres so many more places that don't get the attention that those places get. Like McPherson ridge or Spanglers Spring or Culp's hill. People know about those places, but its not the "go to" place like little round top. And really, I get it considering what happened there and arguably where the battle turned at.

I have a weird connection to the place, I really cant explain it. I think we talked about it before, but I never gave reincarnation a second thought until I went there. Still not sure about that whole subject. Its just weird for me man, Never been to a place where it wasnt my home, but felt like it was home when I got there. And it wasnt just one thing. It was just an overall feeling.

ESisback

Reaction score
Indeed CC. I've been there 4 times, and each time I go is like the first. Whats awesome is, big round top and little round top overlooking devils den, and the valley of death are usually just the main areas people know of. Theres so many more places that don't get the attention that those places get. Like McPherson ridge or Spanglers Spring or Culp's hill. People know about those places, but its not the "go to" place like little round top. And really, I get it considering what happened there and arguably where the battle turned at.

I have a weird connection to the place, I really cant explain it. I think we talked about it before, but I never gave reincarnation a second thought until I went there. Still not sure about that whole subject. Its just weird for me man, Never been to a place where it wasnt my home, but felt like it was home when I got there. And it wasnt just one thing. It was just an overall feeling.
I know EXACTLY what you mean! I've had feelings about certain places too. The Wife is so psychic it's scary. She's had numerous dreams of me in a former life, and SWEARS I was an officer in the Confederate Army.

CapnB

Reaction score
I know EXACTLY what you mean! I've had feelings about certain places too. The Wife is so psychic it's scary. She's had numerous dreams of me in a former life, and SWEARS I was an officer in the Confederate Army.

Thats pretty awesome. I bet you were a kind, bacon loving Officer. But in all seriousness. People retire and move south. I plan on retiring, and possibly before that. And moving north to Gettysburg or somewhere very close to that area. God willing of course.