First 39 Starts of career- Romo/Prescott

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Yeh 9 years later lol are you guys ****** serious right now.

Witten was younger when Prescott became the quarterback than Owens was when Romo took over

You can’t have it both ways. Owens had his second best year of his entire career at age 34 catching balls from Romo. Yet you say Owens was the Hall of Famer who propped up Romo

But then when guaranteed Hall of Famer Jason Witten goes in the tank catching balls from Prescott, your response is that Witten was too old and over the hill

Come on man I thought you were worthy opponent

You can’t even keep your basic excuses straight LOL

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Witten was younger when Prescott became the quarterback than Owens was when Romo took over

You can’t have it both ways. Owens had his second best year of his entire career at age 34 catching balls from Romo. Yet you say Owens was the Hall of Famer who propped up Romo

But then when guaranteed Hall of Famer Jason Witten goes in the tank catching balls from Prescott, your response is that Witten was too old and over the hill

Come on man I thought you were worthy opponent

You can’t even keep your basic excuses straight LOL
Yeh because witten had the speed of T.O. at 34. Stop. Witten was not the same and age doesn't affect everyone the same. You know T.O. and witten are 2 totally separate type of athletes. You are grasping at straws and it's kind of sad.

conner01

Reaction score
Interesting stuff though Romo got lots more learning time before he started
Romo had a worse oline for a few years but better receivers
Romo was much quickly at reading the field but took more chances
If Dak can end up being 90% of what Romo was he will have a great career
To do that though I think he has to get better at reading the field and make quicker decisions
Dak is the QB for this year and next
I hope he earns the job for many more
But to be honest I felt better about Romo at this point in his career than I do Dak

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Maybe I misread his point but I think he was talking about downfield passes and not just passes in general.

OK, well, his AYA is currently 12th in the NFL amoung all starting QBs so that does not really support the idea that he is not going deep, per say.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Yeh because witten had the speed of T.O. at 34. Stop. Witten was not the same and age doesn't affect everyone the same. You know T.O. and witten are 2 totally separate type of athletes. You are grasping at straws and it's kind of sad.

Funny I was thinking the same thing about you.

When was Wittens speed ever a big asset? Witten didn’t get open because he was fast. But you knew that right? Lol

pansophy

Reaction score
Apparently Dak needs pro bowlers at every position to be successful. Of course a lot of QBs are successful in ideal conditions.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Funny I was thinking the same thing about you.

When was Wittens speed ever a big asset? Witten didn’t get open because he was fast. But you knew that right? Lol
Witten was already slow so him being older and slower will affect his abilities more as a receiver. But you knew that right?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Apparently Dak needs pro bowlers at every position to be successful. Of course a lot of QBs are successful in ideal conditions.
2007 Romo had a team with the most pro bowlers in history. Fun fact for today. Also had 2 hof's on the offense and 1 on the defense.

pansophy

Reaction score
2007 Romo had a team with the most pro bowlers in history. Fun fact for today. Also had 2 hof's on the offense and 1 on the defense.
Yeah ran into a hot Giants team who also beat the Patriots to win the super bowl. Crayton keeps running we win that game and who knows. Hard to blame Romo for that — the ball was there.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I’m not sure if Ken is a Cowboys fan or just a Dak fan. Every post is about Dak. Keep trying to convince yourself Ken that Dak is just as good as Romo or better.

This is the problem with stats, anyone with a little bit of football knowledge would not take Dak over Romo ever. Comparing Dak to Romo is dumb there is no comparison at all from a football IQ standpoint or talent standpoint.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yeah ran into a hot Giants team who also beat the Patriots to win the super bowl. Crayton keeps running we win that game and who knows. Hard to blame Romo for that — the ball was there.
There were alot of other plays in that game that could have been made. It's been fun. Remember you gotta give dak all the same excuses.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I’m not sure if Ken is a Cowboys fan or just a Dak fan. Every post is about Dak. Keep trying to convince yourself Ken that Dak is just as good as Romo or better.

This is the problem with stats, anyone with a little bit of football knowledge would not take Dak over Romo ever. Comparing Dak to Romo is dumb there is no comparison at all from a football IQ standpoint or talent standpoint.
I wouldn't take either if I had my choice. Is that ok?

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Witten was already slow so him being older and slower will affect his abilities more as a receiver. But you knew that right?

But only Witten slowed down as he got into his mid-30s. Owens was still running as fast at 34 is he did 10 years earlier.

Lol

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
But only Witten slowed down as he got into his mid-30s. Owens was still running as fast at 34 is he did 10 years earlier.

Lol
They were 2 different type of athletes. If one is really fast and gets older he's still fast. If one is slow and gets older he's really slow. Hence why Darrell Green played til well into his 30s. You are just being childish at this point and doing everything you can to say witten at 34 was as good as T.O. at 34 and everyone knows this isn't the case.

BoysForLife

Reaction score

Same exact roster only had 5 pro bowlers before Romo became starter. Care to offer an explanation for that?

Or are you going to just stick to the story that the team propped Romo up Lol

pansophy

Reaction score
There were alot of other plays in that game that could have been made. It's been fun. Remember you gotta give dak all the same excuses.
He gets it for his rookie year in the playoffs. Even Big Ben didn’t have enough his rookie year to bring the Steelers through.

The excuse makers for Dak seem to think he is the only good player on offense. What excuses do you think apply to Dak?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Same exact roster only had 5 pro bowlers before Romo became starter. Care to offer an explanation for that?

Or are you going to just stick to the story that the team propped Romo up Lol
Romo was there in 2006 as well.