First 39 Starts of career- Romo/Prescott

BoysForLife

Reaction score
They were 2 different type of athletes. If one is really fast and gets older he's still fast. If one is slow and gets older he's really slow. Hence why Darrell Green played til well into his 30s. You are just being childish at this point and doing everything you can to say witten at 34 was as good as T.O. at 34 and everyone knows this isn't the case.

Now you’re just blatantly trolling

I never said Witten at 34 was as dynamic as Owens at 34. I’m saying 34 is 34 and you’re still at a point in your career where your abilities are diminished somewhat no matter who you are

And yet TO at 34 had the second best season of his entire career. If you want to dismiss that be my guest. Facts are stubborn things

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

I never said Witten at 34 was as dynamic as Owens at 34. I’m saying 34 is 34 and you’re still at a point in your career where your abilities are diminished somewhat no matter who you are

And yet TO at 34 had the second best season of his entire career. If you want to dismiss that be my guest. Facts are stubborn things
But everyone ages differently. This is stupid to argue. It's basic biology.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
But everyone ages differently. This is stupid to argue. It's basic biology.

What’s stupid to argue is that a guy was just as fast at age 34 as he was that age 24, which is exactly what you’re arguing

Classic deflection

Moving on

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
What’s stupid to argue is that a guy was just as fast at age 34 as he was that age 24, which is exactly what you’re arguing

Classic deflection

Moving on
You are saying Witten was just as good as T.O. at 34. That's wrong and just because he played at 34 doesn't mean he was as good. I mean Witten couldn't break a child's tackle at that point it was irritating to watch. What made you love a player more than the team?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Worse!
You can attempt to be unaware, but I know you're more intelligent than that.
It wasn't JUST "early in his career" - it was his entire career and even AFTER he retired.
Coaches
Schemes
Owner
Wr's
Poor defense
Slippery ball
Never had a great O line
Never had a great RB
The refs.....

Some are still suggesting that Romo could have come in and finished the 2016 season with a Superbowl win/appearance. Suggesting that Dak had a much better team than Romo has. Saying that if Romo had Zeke/the O line/the 2016 Cowboys how he would have won it all. So, to me some are implying how Romo couldn't win it all or go deeper into the playoffs due to the team around him more than Romo himself.

Even acting like Dak's O line/weapons are light years better than any Romo had. Romo's inability to win a Superbowl is very much placed on the other players he had on his teams.

BoysForLife

Reaction score

Is this the post where I said Witten at 34 was as good as TO at 34? Like I said you’re blatantly lying and I’m moving on

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Is this the post where I said Witten at 34 was as good as TO at 34? Like I said you’re blatantly lying and I’m moving on
You are trying to say that Dak played with Witten at age 34. And Romo played with TO at 34. You are trying to say that Witten should have been just as good with dak at 34 as to was with romo at 34. I wont be mind ****** nice try tho.

btcutter

Reaction score
Romo had two pro bowlers on the OL in 2006 and 3 Pro Bowlers in 07 and 08.

Dak had 3 pro bowlers/all pros in 2016, 3 pro bowlers in 2017, and probably 1 in 18.

So try again.

How many 1st and 2nd round picks invested in OL in Dak era vs Romo?? Collins is basically another 1st rounder. You are looking at 4/5 positions manned by 1st or 2nd rounders for Dak.

Romo has tons of journey man in his OL most of his career. I can't believe this is even up for debate.

Yes, try again.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Witten was younger when Prescott became the quarterback than Owens was when Romo took over

You can’t have it both ways. Owens had his second best year of his entire career at age 34 catching balls from Romo. Yet you say Owens was the Hall of Famer who propped up Romo

But then when guaranteed Hall of Famer Jason Witten goes in the tank catching balls from Prescott, your response is that Witten was too old and over the hill

Come on man I thought you were worthy opponent

You can’t even keep your basic excuses straight LOL
This is the post. Sad really.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
How many 1st and 2nd round picks invested in OL in Dak era vs Romo?? Collins is basically another 1st rounder. You are looking at 4/5 positions manned by 1st or 2nd rounders for Dak.

Romo has tons of journey man in his OL most of his career. I can't believe this is even up for debate.

Yes, try again.
The o line coach just got blown out guess they aren't playing that well.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
2007 Romo had a team with the most pro bowlers in history. Fun fact for today. Also had 2 hof's on the offense and 1 on the defense.

That team was very overrated, especially on the defensive side of the ball. I don't care what anyone says - I watched those games, and it showed the defense was overrated in 2008 when most of those "pro-bowl" players quickly declined. The offensive side of the ball with the O-Line with Witten and TO. was great. I always wonder how the game against the Giants would have turned out if Terry Glenn played that season.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
A few notes:

* I was and will always be an ardent Romo Fanatic.
* Posting these to hopefully put into perspective our current qb
*Romo's first start happened mid season in year 3 of his career at the age of 26. Dak is still 25. These numbers represent the first 39 starts of their respective careers, not including playoffs.
*Romo's weapons were 2006- Owens + Glenn (both 1000 yards), Prime Witten, Crayton as 33rd wr, Barber and JJ (combined for 1800+ and 18tds) 2007- same minus Glenn, 2008- Mostly same, add Bennett, Felix jones, remove JJ.

*Dak's weapons in passing not close to what Romo was working with, Dak did have better OL at least one year and Zeke.
Romo- In a more wide open passing offense vs heavy run offense for Dak.

Romo

815 completions, 1280 attempts- 63.67% 10,300 yards, 8.0 YPA, 78 TDs, 43 Ints, 95 Rating, 63 sacks, 263 rush yards, 2 rush tds

Prescott

747 completions, 1155 attempts, 64.7%, 8408 yards, 7.3 ypa, 53 TDs, 21 ints, 94 rating, 80 sacks, 875 rush yards, 14 rush tds

My takeways: Dak's completion percentage is actually higher than Romo's. Does this mean Romo was inaccurate? More than twice the interceptions in about 100 more attempts, was Romo's "spatial awareness" still developing? Dak sacked at a much higher rate. 80 tds for Romo to 67 for Dak. Qb rating very similar.

Total yards: 10,563 for Romo. Dak, 9,283.

This is well thought out. But to try and post something that requires more than just Dak sucks with this lot is useless. As has been the case with this thread.

The only thing i think you can compare Dak and Romo on is their Playoff seasons success.
Romo 2007, and 2014 and Daks 2016 season have one thing in common. They had very good running attacks. Romo's best season as a pro IMO was in 2014 when he threw less and made smarter choices. And let Murray lead the way to success passing. That was IMO the blueprint for Dak in 2016.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
That team was very overrated, especially on the defensive side of the ball. I don't care what anyone says - I watched those games, and it showed the defense was overrated in 2008 when most of those "pro-bowl" players quickly declined. The offensive side of the ball with the O-Line with Witten and T.O. was great. I always wonder how the game against the Giants would have turned out if Terry Glenn played that season.
I would have to agree with some of the defense but Ware was a hall of famer. And If terry glenn were here we might have had the best offense in history. That receiver group would have been bananas.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I would have to agree with some of the defense but Ware was a hall of famer. And If terry glenn were here we might have had the best offense in history. That receiver group would have been bananas.

I liked Crayton, but Terry Glenn would not have dropped that pass in that big moment or screwed up that route in the 4th. Sucks we only got to see a few games with Glenn and Owens. What could have been.