First Round QB Success Rate in last 15 years

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
All these guys are talented . It’s how they fit and how you developed and nurture them. And their own work ethics

Heck dak was considered a backup prospect and they squeezed every drop out of his marginal talents, he has basically no wow moments on the field

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
well one of them has 10. so it skews things. what about the other 40+?
Brady has 7 SB wins and Montana has 4 which is 11 between them. Not bad for 6th and 3rd round picks. Brady is the only 40+ QB to win a SB.

kskboys

Reaction score
Brady has 7 SB wins and Montana has 4 which is 11 between them. Not bad for 6th and 3rd round picks. Brady is the only 40+ QB to win a SB.
Brady is the only 40+ QB to play in a league where you can't hit the QB.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"So be it"

Give me a number figure on how many years in a row a team should use a FRP on a QB before they should try something new?

Just give me a number.
Assuming it takes 2-3 years to see what you have, unless they are either just downright awful or amazing, then I guess you would do it every 2-3 years if you "miss."

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not winning a super bowl doesn't mean the QB wasn't good.

Man, you guys are having major issues w/ some very simple concepts.
On the other hand not winning a super bowl doesn't mean the QB wasn't bad. Even if for any given day.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Go study playoff film breakdown by Kurt Warner instead of spewing trash.
What the heck are you watching when Dak is double clutching the ball in sticky coverage and everyone on defense is just waiting for him to float it over to his safety valve so the guy can get blown up or get the ball picked off. Dak can't break down the better defenses like he can the sorry defenses. You say guys don't get open and I say Dak needs to send it before the WR makes his break. Daks confidence is in the toilet unless he has an all pro team around him at every position. Yet he wants to get paid like he the leader when he is actually the ball and chain holding this team back in the playoffs.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What the heck are you watching when Dak is double clutching the ball in sticky coverage and everyone on defense is just waiting for him to float it over to his safety valve so the guy can get blown up or get the ball picked off. Dak can't break down the better defenses like he can the sorry defenses. You say guys don't get open and I say Dak needs to send it before the WR makes his break. Daks confidence is in the toilet unless he has an all pro team around him at every position. Yet he wants to get paid like he the leader when he is actually the ball and chain holding this team back in the playoffs.
Why don't you stop typing and just go study the breakdown video tapes by Kurt Warner? You just might learn something instead of spewing falsehoods. You don't even know what you are talking about.

1942willys

Reaction score
Payton Manning wins several more if not for the Pats Juggernaut.
Certainly more then he ended up with. Some others probably end up with SB wins if not for the NE Dynasty. ITs like in the AFC in the 70's you basically had three teams: Steelers, Raiders, and early on the Dolphins and that was it. No one else got a look in. Ken Anderson of the Bengals was an excellent QB but stuck in the AFC Central during that time. and when he does get to the SB he runs into Montana.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Winning and losing is not everything. You can lose in the NFC championship game in a hard fought battle against a great opponent. You can not get dog walked every year in the wild card game.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I read that 6 QBs can go first this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if maybe 2 get second contracts with their original team.

It's a crap shoot.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I would expect that comment from the ignorant crew that supports Trash Prescott.
Professional and HOF football players who played the positions of QB and WR totally disagree with you. The only ignorants around here are you and your ilk who stubbornly refuse to learn. You're entitled to your opinion, but it doesn't mean you're right.