First Round Running Backs

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Really? That's the same mentality as looking into a crystal ball and saying he'll be the best ever. But my guess is he'll be closer to being the best ever than being an "overrated waste of a 4th overall pick".

I'm sick and tired of being disappointed by this team. It's time I lower my expectations. This way Zeke will meet expectations or be a pleasant surprise.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I'm sick and tired of being disappointed by this team. It's time I lower my expectations. This way Zeke will meet expectations or be a pleasant surprise.

But I thought they need you to cheer for them or the game doesn't even happen.
You know: "First guy there, last guy gone and if I don't cheer, they fail" ?
Or were you compensating?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
But I thought they need you to cheer for them or the game doesn't even happen.
You know: "First guy there, last guy gone and if I don't cheer, they fail" ?
Or were you compensating?

It ain't time for that just yet. First the team gets my list of complaints.

Corso

Reaction score
When it comes time to cheer, I'll cheer. Before that come a ton of jeers on my behalf. :grin:

Out of one side of your mouth you say the team needs you to cheer for them and it's their only hope.
And yet you cheat them and talk ish left and right every chance you get.

Good fan bro.
Real good fan.

Corso

Reaction score
It ain't time for that just yet. First the team gets my list of complaints.
When IS IT time then?
You want to support your guys before they get a chance, or choose instant failure and hope they prove you wrong?
Do you even hope?

Your actions say otherwise.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Out of one side of your mouth you say the team needs you to cheer for them and it's their only hope.
And yet you cheat them and talk ish left and right every chance you get.

Good fan bro.
Real good fan.

They need my quality control also. I belly ache about every single thing I see wrong and then they fix it. This is a team effort! Just doing my part. :)

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
He's doesn't remember. When you tangle yourself up as bad as this guy has the last week you're supposed to delete your account and start the long trek up troll road again. He's too lazy so he's just spouting contradictory positions within the same threads and hoping no one notices.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
When IS IT time then?
You want to support your guys before they get a chance, or choose instant failure and hope they prove you wrong?
Do you even hope?

Your actions say otherwise.

Game time is time to cheer, of course. Until then I'm identifying what's wrong.

Corso

Reaction score
They need my quality control also. I belly ache about every single thing I see wrong and then they fix it. This is a team effort! Just doing my part. :)

Dude, I wouldn't hire your quality control for my little outfit, if this is the game you're going to bring. Want something, but nothing concrete and talk ish about what happens after the fact.

Good QA, bud.

Although at this point I would expect you to report to me (if I was to even listen to you) all the things you irrationally don't like without real explanation, nor insight into the plan of the business and give zero viable solutions that actually are convincing to the staff as a whole.

Shoot... no worse than who I already have, now that I reflect.
You're hired!

Corso

Reaction score
Game time is time to cheer, of course. Until then I'm identifying what's wrong.

Don't get me wrong brother. I like you. As a fan we may disagree on how we operate, but I think you're a strong poster and don't change anything.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dude, I wouldn't hire your quality control for my little outfit, if this is the game you're going to bring. Want something, but nothing concrete and talk ish about what happens after the fact.

Good QA, bud.

Although at this point I would expect you to report to me (if I was to even listen to you) all the things you irrationally don't like without real explanation, nor insight into the plan of the business and give zero viable solutions that actually are convincing to the staff as a whole.

Shoot... no worse than who I already have, now that I reflect.
You're hired!

I think you'll be happy with the product we put on the field this year. But it doesn't just happen. A whole lot of blood sweet and tears goes into getting this team just right. I don't expect you to appreciate all the hard work me and the boys put into it, but you're welcome just the same. Go Cowboys! :starspin:

Corso

Reaction score
I think you'll be happy with the product we put on the field this year. But it doesn't just happen. A whole lot of blood sweet and tears goes into getting this team just right. I don't expect you to appreciate all the hard work me and the boys put into it, but you're welcome just the same. Go Cowboys! :starspin:

I always knew I liked you.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong brother. I like you. As a fan we may disagree on how we operate, but I think you're a strong poster and don't change anything.

I have to do my share of complaining in the offseason or I don't feel properly invested once the product hits the field.

Corso

Reaction score
I have to do my share of complaining in the offseason or I don't feel properly invested once the product hits the field.

I have an announcement to make:
@mrtxstar is now running everything in the Corso Empire.

Lord help us all.

Wait... what am I doing?!
Rescind rescind rescind...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I have an announcement to make:
@mrtxstar is now running everything in the Corso Empire.

Lord help us all.

Wait... what am I doing?!
Rescind rescind rescind...

I got news for you, I don't "run things" in me own empire. The Mrs took that from me many moons ago.

Romotil45

Reaction score
They aren't giving Zeke 400 carries.
He needs to have a great year to validate the pick (especially by year 2) but the real measure will be if the overall run game is incredible...that and that Dallas scores more TDs like in 2014.

Correct he will not get anywhere close to Murrys 2014 carries. Most likely 260 carries in regular season for about 1300 yrds.

Corso

Reaction score
Correct he will not get anywhere close to Murrys 2014 carries. Most likely 260 carries in regular season for about 1300 yrds.

And if those 260 carries are efficient... *** yes.
Give Alfred some carries this year. He can do it.

Zeke is for this year and the next 4 to who knows how long.
If they give Zeke 320+ carries, something is really wrong.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
We're not just talking about first round RBs, we are talking about top 5. There is a big difference.

How did the top 5 RBs do since 2001?

Hmm...

- LaDainian Tomlinson - 1st ballot HOF

- Ronnie Brown - pedestrian, but decent career with Miami.

- Cadillac Williams - started off great, winning OROY, and then a mix of injuries and bad play ruined the rest of his career.

- Cedric Benson - didn't start off well in Chicago based on where he was drafted, but had a few good years in Cincinnati.

- Reggie Bush - certainly didn't live up to the hype that surrounded him before the draft, but didn't have a bad career. He was a good all-around player for NO, contributing to their Super Bowl victory and had some good seasons recently with MIA and DET.

- Darren McFadden -
Had a good season for us last year, and 1 good season with the Raiders but never lived up to his status as a top 5 pick.

- Trent Richardson -
Actually had an okay rookie year and then the wheels fell completely off the wagon. He's still young enough to have a Cedric Benson kind of late career revival, but it's not looking too promising for him. Probably the biggest bust of the group.

- Ezekiel Elliot - ????

The track record for the RBs taken in the top 5 isn't all that impressive. Pre-draft, these guys were all heralded as franchise players who would be major contributors for their teams for years to come. Obviously, only LT was able to live up to his draft status.

It's unlikely that Elliot matches the kind of career that LT had, but I'd say if he falls somewhere between Ronnie Brown/Reggie Bush and LT, then it would be an overall successful pick for us. I think he can be a consistent 1000 yard rusher, especially behind our O-Line...but it remains to be seen. It's certainly possible that he flops, just like many of the top picks have...but only time will tell.